Barnett Technical Services is a Distributor of chemical analysis products throughout the US. We focus on technologies involving the use of optics for material characterization. Our work covers a wide range of fields including semiconductor materials, general industrial failure analysis, inorganic chemistry, and the pharmaceutical sciences. You may find out more about our company at BarnettTechnical.com.
Barnett Technical Services is also the operator of InnoGrove, an innovation-based coworking space in Elk Grove. We provide a range of office space and other facilities as a resource to innovation-based businesses in Elk Grove and the South Sacramento County region. We also offer courses in electronics and coding for children and adults as well as networking opportunities for people working in innovation-based industries. You may learn more about InnoGrove at InnoGrove.com.
We have a need for an addition person to support the operations of both Barnett Technical Services and InnoGrove.
Initially, work would focus on leading two courses:
– Electronics courses for children based on a curriculum that has been developed for children in middle-school. We also want to expand this into a special focus for girls electronics education, and
– A basic course on Computer Basics for adults.
While ramping up these activities, you will be trained on the products of Micro Support, a Japanese company that is a specialized manufacturer of microscopes.
You will assist in marketing and sales activities of these microscopes and eventually do field work throughout the US in support of this aspect of out business. This will involve visiting existing and potential new customers, setting up instrumentation, and providing demos to customers.
– College degree/B.Sc. in scientific field – Excellent communication skills for a range of customers
– Ability to travel (up to 10%)
– Basic familiarity with computers, internet, and electronics
– Basic familiarity with microscopes
– Must pass California Live Scan for approval to work with children Preferred:
– Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs (for Micro Support microscope work)
For more information or to apply, please contact Steve Barnett at any of these coordinates:
Email (Barnett Technical Services): firstname.lastname@example.org Email (InnoGrove): info@InnoGrove.com Phone: 916-897-2441