Airconditioning servicing recommendations please

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  plasmadrive 3 years ago.

• Author

rsrspc
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 28

Any recommendations for honest, inexpensive AC checkups? Just turned it on, it is 12 years old, can’t afford a new system at this time, but just need someone honest and inexpensive. Thanks!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We used Huft Heating and Air. Had them out last year to fix the wiring on my Nest thermostat. Signed up for a service plan. Guy was out yesterday and told us our hvac system which was installed by Bell is not compatible with each other. The outside unit takes one type of freon and the air handler in the attic uses a different kind. They are supposed to be the same. We have to call Bell to come out and see what they are going to do about it. The guy from Huft seemed very knowledgeable. He said his parents owned an HVAC company so he grew up around it. Who knows for sure.
    I’ve heard good things about Lemos too. A few friends have used him and he was very cheap and honest. One company quoted something for thousands of dollars and Lemos said all it needed was a part. I think it was couple hundred dollars.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We’ve been really happy with Elite.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Elite Heating and Air are wonderful, here is their number and if you call, tell them Ila Sent you:) 916-647-4869, here is there website, you can at least check them out online,
    http://www.eliteheatingandair.com

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

I have used Elite and in fact they came out today. No upsell. Very professional.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I have used Lemo a few times, for residential and commercial.. very happy with him. I have also used Champion when I built my house. They were a great bunch as well but pretty far away.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.