fbpx

Another Shooting – 1/29/16

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bainc 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Police twitter is reporting a shooting on the 9900 Block of Bruceville – Active scene right now.

reports from EGPD twitter acct. Saturday morning – Suicide

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Watching the news now. They said It’s a homicide. Ouch, this is bad.

EGPD_PIO
    Participant
    • Topics - 16
    • Replies - 83
    • Total Posts - 99

Good Evening,

At 10:15pm, officers responded to the 9900 block of Bruceville Road regarding a call of shots fired in the area. Officers arrived and located an adult male who had been shot. Medical personnel arrived but were unable to revive the individual. A handgun was located near the deceased. This is an active investigation, and EGPD has not released any information that this was gang related. We are diligently working to determine what took place tonight. Thank you.

Officer Christopher Trim
    Public Information Officer
    Elk Grove Police Department
    (916) 627-3709
    chtrim@elkgrovepd.org

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

At 5:22 am the EGPD posted on their twitter page that they believe this was a suicide.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Condolences to the friends and family of the victim.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I was in bed reading after a long day. My kids were still out. I can not thank Doc enough for his updates on fb. My husband saw a blurb somewhere there was a shooting. and then yet again one of my daughters is telling US to stay inside. I do feel bad for the family. I do wonder why he choose to do it in the front yard. Elk Grove-Laguna has become a very valuable tool. Thanks Police.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s just been a crazy week in that area. I hope things can settle down and get back to normal. I have lived here my whole life and I can’t ever remember 3 days like what we saw this week and all within a 1-2 miles radius for the most part.

Our FB page has been nuts this week. I usually try to read every comment, but I finally gave up. Between the proposed tattoo parlor and the past 3 days with East Franklin, I am getting hundreds and hundreds of notifications each day. Our page has received almost 500 new likes in a week. The first 200 were because of the contest, but the rest have just been because so many people are sharing and commenting that all their friends are liking it now too. The post we shared Thursday night regarding the email sent by the school about the threat on Twitter reached 20K people and was shared 164 times.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I see a lot of my friends that I know have now started talking and sharing on the FB Elk grove-Laguna Site.

EGPD_PIO
    Participant
    • Topics - 16
    • Replies - 83
    • Total Posts - 99

Good Morning,

At this point in the investigation, we have determined that the deceased was involved in a verbal altercation with his girlfriend and her family. The deceased retrieved a handgun and shot at the family members in the parking lot. The family members fled and we’re not injured. The deceased committed suicide and died as a result of a self-inflicted gun shot wound. The handgun was located next to him on the sidewalk.

Officer Christopher Trim
    Public Information Officer
    Elk Grove Police Department
    (916) 627-3709
    chtrim@elkgrovepd.org

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Thank you for the update.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

@violarose 123696 wrote:

I see a lot of my friends that I know have now started talking and sharing on the FB Elk grove-Laguna Site.

So have mine! About time, I share posts often enough!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s kind of like a snowball and then this week things have kind of gone viral. One thing we are trying to do is be a place where people can come to find out information on what is happening. There really is no one place to go. The Citizen website and FB page doesn’t post much and they don’t share posts from the residents. Other pages like the City of EG and EGPD, they provide information, but they don’t share many posts from residents.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.