fbpx

Are you voting for or against someone for President?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  plasmadrive 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Just from my own viewing on FB and talking to people, it seems the majority are voting against someone. My own FB skews right, but I do have some liberal friends and I really don’t see much if any Pro-Clinton stuff. It’s mainly Anti-Trump. I guess it is easier to criticize than be positive with these two. Outside of a handful of really Pro-Trump people, most are Anti-Clinton more than Pro-Trump I think. Interesting dynamic in this election. I can see why both sides would be anti the other because they are both such awful candidates. People hated Bush and Obama, but I don’t recall both candidates being hated this much. Either way, one side is going to be really upset. I think it will be funnier if Trump wins because of the celebrities who are threatening leave and who are going to have a stroke if he wins. If Clinton wins it’s just regular people who will be upset and have a stroke.

Speaking of strokes, what do you think about Clinton and the possible health issues? Is it just lies or something going on? Her behavior on a couple of occasions has been weird. Like the time she was talking and then started convulsing. Then the cough attack on the plane and she walked away and didn’t come back. I think the debates, if she participates, could be telling. She’s not been engaged in any kind of back and forth for awhile.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

Both.
    If the election was today I would vote for Trump. I despise most career politicians. And most politicians running for office are career politicians. Hillary is one of them. I believe she will say and do whatever she needs to get elected, despite her own beliefs and how it affects our nation. I think she is a liar. Whether is was about emails or Bengazhi. Or whenever she opens her mouth, I don’t find her sincere or likable. Trump isn’t the ideal candidate. But he is NOT a career politician. That is probably my number one reason to vote for him. I am sick of how our system is working lately. Trump is the preverbal monkey wrench being thrown in the motor. I want all politicians to realize the American public is starting to see through their BS. Maybe they will stop being fake and answer questions like a real person rather than like a politician. The worse thing about trump is he says “not nice things.” I would rather vote for someone who says what he thinks (although maybe a little politically incorrect) than a pathological liar who won’t answer questions and has a horrible track record as secretary of state.

Additionally I am Pro second amendment. I feel Hillary will continue down the path that Obama has paved by continuing to take away the rights of law abiding citizens to own firearms.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

12751315_1059548294102147_1464496901_n.jpg

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

I’m voting for Johnson.

I think Trump is a disaster waiting to happen.
    I can live with Clinton in the office, but she won’t get much done with a hostile Congress. I can live with that.

I suspect Clinton will win and the Senate will flip to the Democrats. That means the Court will go the way Clinton prefers.

I’m voting for Johnson, though. He is the closest thing to a legit Republican in the field.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

started out against only.. now it has turned to a “for” and an “even more against”. Voting underdog in this one is like not voting.. you won’t count. The numbers won’t support it going anywhere. Sad.. But true

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@adiffer 127581 wrote:

I’m voting for Johnson.

I think Trump is a disaster waiting to happen.
    I can live with Clinton in the office, but she won’t get much done with a hostile Congress. I can live with that.

I suspect Clinton will win and the Senate will flip to the Democrats. That means the Court will go the way Clinton prefers.

I’m voting for Johnson, though. He is the closest thing to a legit Republican in the field.

I would like to vote for Johnson…. But In my opinion a Vote for Johnson right now would be a vote for Hillary because he doesn’t have a chance to win. And I definitely don’t want Hillary. Maybe next election a 3rd party candidate will get more popularity because of this disaster of an election. But this year, he just doesn’t have the momentum or popularity.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Meh. California is going to vote for Clinton now matter how many of you don’t want her. You are vastly outnumbered.

If you actually want Trump, by all means vote for him.
    If not, consider the other Republican in the field. He won’t win California either, but you might feel better.
    Some of us libertarians pushed our nutty friends real hard to ensure we looked more sane this time.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@adiffer 127586 wrote:

Meh. California is going to vote for Clinton now matter how many of you don’t want her. You are vastly outnumbered.

If you actually want Trump, by all means vote for him.
    If not, consider the other Republican in the field. He won’t win California either, but you might feel better.
    Some of us libertarians pushed our nutty friends real hard to ensure we looked more sane this time.

The last few elections the third party candidate has been gaining more popularity. I wouldn’t mind a 3rd party candidate. In some aspects I lean more that way. In some areas more conservative. And a few areas Liberal. Just a few… Hopefully after this election the population will start to see there could be a third choice. I want more choice, and I think others might see that way now as well.

And you have a valid point, no matter what us lonely republicans are going to get destroyed in California.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

A third party will always have a hard time. They don’t have the money or support. Until then we have two choices.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

My decision was simple. Hillary Clinton offers nothing of benefit for me or my family. Donald Trump may offer some benefits and is somewhat aligned with my predispositions. I would encourage anyone not supporting Trump to vote for Gary Johnson. He is of no competitive consequence, and is taking votes primarily from Clinton, not Trump. Go for it if you seriously want to “vote your conscience.”

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@EGL Admin 127590 wrote:

A third party will always have a hard time. They don’t have the money or support. Until then we have two choices.

The Libertarians are polling close to the matching fed funds cut-off right now. If they cross that threshold, they get more money in 2020.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@lc 127592 wrote:

… and is taking votes primarily from Clinton, not Trump.

From what I’ve seen it is roughly a wash right now. People who wouldn’t mind Clinton in CA can safely vote for Johnson. People who wouldn’t mind Trump can safely vote for Johnson in the Dakotas. Nothing changes in the Electoral College.

Johnson polls well in his home state, though. He won’t win it, but the one who does will do so with 40% of the vote at most.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

In California Clinton wins easily so we can vote for whoever and it won’t matter. I haven’t been following the swing states closely enough to know what it happening. I know Trump has to win Florida to have a chance. Sounds like he is doing better there.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

As usual, in California two counties will vote for the state. SF and LA. The rest of us don’t seem to matter. Guess which demographic is heavy in both.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 127597 wrote:

In California Clinton wins easily so we can vote for whoever and it won’t matter. I haven’t been following the swing states closely enough to know what it happening. I know Trump has to win Florida to have a chance. Sounds like he is doing better there.

I haven’t been following anything, but did look at the polls last night. Basically they are about even nationally now in the popular vote, or in the MOE. In Florida Trump shows a slight lead, but within the MOE. He is behaving better and actually sounds reasonable for once. I think he’ll do well in the debates. We’ll see, but as the election is so rigged by the media and by just numbers of people wanting free stuff, it will be hard for him to win.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Trump has to do a lot more than catch up in the popular vote polls and win Florida. Clinton is probably going to win around 300+ electoral votes and the way things are going right now the Senate is going to flip.

There is a lot of down ballot trauma going on.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

She probably will. That shows us the direction in which this country is going. Too many people in the cart, too few to haul them.

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2396[/ATTACH]

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@egdad 127663 wrote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2396[/ATTACH]

That about sums it up

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Gosh, I guess a lot of my friends that I have are making fun of Hillary, so I guess I have a lot of Trump supporters. I am too sensitive. I hate the bashing. Cant wait for the debates to start, and the election to be over.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@violarose 127674 wrote:

and the election to be over.

I’m ready for that too.

I dropped facebook for awhile because of all the cop bashing and political garbage. Life is a lot more peaceful now.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Well… I hope some of you will look down the ballot. There are some interesting things going on among the initiatives. 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy