fbpx
Advertisements

Assistance from people who live or know the Foulks Ranch Area

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bainc 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

So I know someone on this forum has to live or know about this area. Possibly Doc even though he doesn’t live over there. I have some relatives that currently live off of Black Swan in East Elk Grove. They want to relocate to the West side of EG. Dilemma is the wife is a SAHM and the husband doesn’t want to go any higher then 315k. I told him it’s very slim pickings over here by me, there is a house going for 329k for 1600 sq ft. He knows that he will not be getting the same as he would on the side he is on now, but he is tired of the traffic since he takes I-5 to work.

So, I mentioned the Foulks Ranch area to him, but I myself don’t know that area too well as I’m more west. Can anyone tell me how that area is? I’ve been looking up properties for him, and have seem some houses on Newington (sp). Can anyone familiarize me with that area, are there good parts or bad parts, any run down parts? I looked at the crime map but granted everything isn’t always on the crime map. If you happen to live over there what does the crime look like? How long have you lived over there? Would you consider a family member to move over there, or is the area going down hill? He wants a safe area were his wife can walk or drive the kids to the parks in the area.

Thanks

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I know Scarlet and Joy live near there as do some others. It’s a decent area. Foulks Ranch is a good school. I would stay off of Foulks Ranch Drive and Laguna Park. Too busy. I don’t think there are any run down parts. I think the closer you get to Bruceville is not as good.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

We have been very happy in the Laguna area, we are walking distance from the school and the park – We try and go out and walk every night. I’ve never felt unsafe and we have lived here since Nov of 89. There are some great neighborhoods. If you want to be close to some of the parks, look at some of the neighborhoods close to the greenbelts. And Newington is a great neighborhood

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

What about the roving gangs of pit bulls? :sarcastic

I recall there was a problem a few years ago with bad neighbors in the area who had pit bulls that got out.

We had some friends that lived in the area and they loved it, but lived right on Foulks Ranch, so they moved a little farther in where there is less traffic.

madforplaid
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 145
    • Total Posts - 154

One thing for your relatives to consider is the schools. Foulks Ranch Elementary is fine, but Eddy MS and Laguna HS are lower performing schools academically than their current neighborhood. The behavior will be different too.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Rot Roh, Shaggy! Here we go…

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Oh no she didn’t! 🙂

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I hate to say no sightings of loose pit bulls – because I’ll end up jinxing myself. And I can only speak of Foulks Ranch, my kids did not attend H.E. or L.C.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Foulks Ranch area is nice. For the price point your relative is looking at it’s great. Stay close to Lichtenberger or Kloss parks. Not a huge fan of Seasons or the Beaver Falls/Dunkerrin areas. I like the west side of Bruceville much more than the east side near Donner elementary. Only one park and no green belts or trails over there.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Foulks Ranch is a great area. Around the school and west is solid, as is most of the southern boundary area. I am over there quite often, and I am always happy to see so many people out walking. Price? in the nicer areas it will be tough. But there are still a number of nice homes that may work. Good luck.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@scarlet 107363 wrote:

We have been very happy in the Laguna area, we are walking distance from the school and the park – We try and go out and walk every night. I’ve never felt unsafe and we have lived here since Nov of 89. There are some great neighborhoods. If you want to be close to some of the parks, look at some of the neighborhoods close to the greenbelts. And Newington is a great neighborhood

Good to hear. I have a cousin who lives in Stonelake and he doesn’t even want to walk out after dark ever since that robbery a couple months back, he doesn’t feel as safe over there. It’s good to know that you feel safe in that area.

@madforplaid 107365 wrote:

One thing for your relatives to consider is the schools. Foulks Ranch Elementary is fine, but Eddy MS and Laguna HS are lower performing schools academically than their current neighborhood. The behavior will be different too.

Yea, I realized that after I told him about the area. Going from Albiani, and Pleasant Grove to Eddy and LC. I’m pretty sure he can get his kids into another school if need be. They have about 7-8 years before the oldest goes to middle school, maybe longer.

@bainc 107379 wrote:

Foulks Ranch area is nice. For the price point your relative is looking at it’s great. Stay close to Lichtenberger or Kloss parks. Not a huge fan of Seasons or the Beaver Falls/Dunkerrin areas. I like the west side of Bruceville much more than the east side near Donner elementary. Only one park and no green belts or trails over there.

I saw some houses off of Beaver Falls and Dunkerrin. I didn’t send him those because I wasn’t sure if I was a fan of those areas either. I wouldn’t want them to cross over to the Bruceville side. I’ve narrowed the search to just the west side.

@tomwaltman 107380 wrote:

Foulks Ranch is a great area. Around the school and west is solid, as is most of the southern boundary area. I am over there quite often, and I am always happy to see so many people out walking. Price? in the nicer areas it will be tough. But there are still a number of nice homes that may work. Good luck.

Good to know. I think on my way home, I’m going to swing by that area and get a feel for it before taking him over there.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

I have a home by 99 and Laguna, all his for $315k 🙂

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I think there is a home up for sale or going up for sale on Rockledge Circle in the Newington neighborhood you were looking at. It’s a great little circle neighbors are really nice

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

There is really nowhere else in Elk Grove I would want to live. Our greenbelt is awesome.

As far as schools go, you are right, there are choices when the time comes. Hopefully when making those choices your relative will talk to some people who have actually had kids go to the schools. That is always better than hearsay and judgement from afar. Besides, if history proves anything, by then the district may have built the next new school that is “better” than all the rest and everyone will want to go there anyway.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

The green belt over there is awesome. Too bad we can’t get developers and the city to build similar green belts in new developments. Instead we get trails like the one along Whitlock or along Franklin Blvd. Sorry, I prefer to have trails and green belts away from traffic going 50+ MPH.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I wouldn’t hesitate to live over there, and I wouldn’t hesitate to send my kids to those schools, either.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

Stonelake is supposed to be one of the safest areas in Elk Grove. One incident scared him?

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@lizzie 107434 wrote:

Stonelake is supposed to be one of the safest areas in Elk Grove. One incident scared him?

It’s been multiple incidents. Not just the robbery. Robbery took the cake because he used to go running or walking around 9:30 at night.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I don’t think you’re going to escape that. Most of the bad stuff happens at night when people are walking around. I know Stonelake has had it’s share of it. I know also East Franklin has too, in the 95757 area. It’s unfortunate that we can’t just go walk outside at night and feel safe, but that’s the reality. Not sure I would go walking around the parks or greenbelts Foulks Ranch at night either

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Yea, it happens in day time too. Like that elderly man walking down Whitelock.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I have a question that maybe someone will know.

Remember a while back they wanted to put low income apartments right in front of Stonelake, next to the Chevron station. Was that denied?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.