fbpx

Auburn Police embrace using Waze App

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jusme 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Some police agencies were critical of the Waze app because they felt that criminals could use it to keep tabs on police and even use it to attack them. The Auburn Police Dept is taking a different view and is using the app themselves.
    I used it on our trips to LA, but I don’t ever think about using it around here.

Do you use the Waze app around the Sacramento area? Does it help you?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video/3346885-auburn-police-embracing-traffic-app-waze-as-important-tool/?utm_content=buffer7eece&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I use it weekdays without fail. It has saved me MANY standstills on the freeway.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

Use it every day. Helps us choose which 80 to take coming down from Auburn each morning on the way to work.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

I use it during the weekdays to avoid trouble spots to and from work. Also, I found it a tad bit better than Google for driving directions. Sometimes Google makes you drive in a huge circle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy