fbpx

Best pizza in Elk Grove

This topic contains 100 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ScottTheInsurancePro 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Sponsored by: egysl1.jpg

While we are voting in the poll for best burgers, we can start talking about the best pizza in Elk Grove. No your home made pizza doesn’t count. We are looking for restaurants. If you want to talk about your home made pizza we can start a new thread for you. 🙂

I’ll toss some names out there. Fat Mike’s, Round Table, Pizza Bell. We will take the top 5 or 6 places with the most mentions. Even if it’s already been mentioned by someone else, tell us anyway to make sure they get into the final poll. We will do the poll next week.

Sponsored By: realtyroundup.jpg

ryball
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 25
    • Total Posts - 25

Fat Mike’s all day long.

Aggies49
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 119
    • Total Posts - 124

Pizza Bell gets my vote!

jenhta
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

Old Town Pizza

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Old Town Pizza or Mountain Mikes. I will fess up to buying the occasional Little Caesars when I need something fast for the kids. We used to go to Round Table, but it got so expensive that we just couldn’t do it anymore.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Mountain Mikes pizza, I havent had Pizza Bell in a while though.

Round Tables breadsticks.

JENuine
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 36
    • Total Posts - 41

Pizza Bell. Like the one in Wilton better, though. Seems like they stuck with the original recipe and the EG one changed it since it changed ownership. The added bonus to Pizza Bell is the Cinnamon Bread!!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We get little Caesars for the kids and birthday parties and middle school lunch. You can’t beat $6 and they taste pretty good. When we go out for it, we go to fat Mike’s or pizza bell on grantline. Old Town too sometimes.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

With prejudice, Original Pete’s. We finally have one close to us out here and on the rare occasions when we order pizza, we get it from there. The new fast cook places should be putting out some great product though.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Costco pizza is good too for parties.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Never had Fat Mike’s. Pizza Bell is just ok, IMO. We went to Old Town Pizza a couple of months ago and it was pretty good. I like a really thin, crispy crust though. That’s not standard for most places.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I like the traditional crust. Just the right amount of crust to toppings. Not the think crust like a loaf of bread with some cheese and meet tossed on top. Or a cracker with tomato sauce and cheese slathered on it. Nice, bubbly, raised crust that crisps up in the right places, and serves as a launching pad for really good sauce, cheese, and meat. Casseroles are not pizza. Neither are Wheat Thins with some pizza toppings. 😉

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I forgot to mention Paesano’s. Their pizza is good too. Old town Pizza was really good at first, then changed owners and wasn’t very good, but have been better lately. Now it’s also about their beer. They have quite a variety of specialty beers.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Wait, I would like to retract my comment.

Todo’s pizza is the best pizza in EG.

Paesano’s pizza is pretty good as well.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

Todo!!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Never had one from there, but I have yet to have anything but a wonderful meal from Maria et al.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Yep Todo Un Poco has good pizza too. They have one that is all meat and is really good.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

I like the BBQ Chicken….my fav!!

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

Fat Mike’s since we have no Giovanni’s in EG.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Pizza Guys. I like their crust. I used to love Lamppost, but I don’t even know if there is one around town these days……..

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@kindrlindr 107797 wrote:

Pizza Guys. I like their crust. I used to love Lamppost, but I don’t even know if there is one around town these days……..

Yes there is! The original one stayed open in Laguna. They moved just a few yards away into the old Strings on Laguna Blvd across from Bel Air. The one they had on the east side in what is now Old Town Pizza didn’t last long. OTP seems to be doing pretty good. I think the beer has been a big help.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I used to go to Laguna Pizza until they moved to Center Prkway and Brucville.

I still want to try Pizza and Curry, has anyone tried it?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@gearshark23 107801 wrote:

I used to go to Laguna Pizza until they moved to Center Prkway and Brucville.

I still want to try Pizza and Curry, has anyone tried it?

Yes. It was pretty good. I had a Living Social coupon for there. I think I started a topic about it at the time. The coupon was kind of confusing, at least to me and my friend.

http://www.elkgrove-laguna.net/forums/showthread.php?5213-First-Choice-Pizza-and-Curry

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 107800 wrote:

Yes there is! The original one stayed open in Laguna. They moved just a few yards away into the old Strings on Laguna Blvd across from Bel Air. The one they had on the east side in what is now Old Town Pizza didn’t last long. OTP seems to be doing pretty good. I think the beer has been a big help.

It’s interesting to see what happens when a tenant moves within a center. In this case, sales up 20% from the old space, and they were doing very well there. Embarrassed to say I’ve never even been in, and I did the lease years ago. I’ve heard Lampost is very good. Never been to any of their stores.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s really good pizza. We’ve had it a few times over the years.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I grew up on Lamp Post pizza because there was one in the town I grew up in. We had all our end-of-season soccer parties there, and they had both Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man. It was the place to be as a kid. It’s pretty good pizza.
    I love the fuji apple Gorgonzola cheese pizza at Paesanos, but it’s hardly a traditional pizza.
    Joy, if you like Giovanni’s, you should try Hot Italian in mid town. So, so good.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Is Giovanni’s the place in land park? Ate there once and was not impressed. It was cheese on a piece of cardboard and when you picked it up the cheese and sauce slid right off. I’ve had the New York hole in the wall pizza too and wasn’t impressed with that either. I like it when the toppings, cheese and sauce all stay on the crust.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Hot Italian is pretty good. Love Zelda’s, but more for the memories than the pizza…

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Pizza Bell USED to be a good pizza.. For us, not so much.. we finally couldn’t stand it any more and went to Fat Mikes. Good pizza.. not cheap though.. Round Table used to be our favorite but like others have said, it got too expensive. Papa Murphy’s actually isn’t bad at all if you don’t mind baking it yourself. Costco Pepperoni is pretty good for the $$

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I can barely get Round Table down. It’s too greasy. I like a cracker crumb crust, not the doughy stuff.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

One of my favorite pizzas is the California Pizza Kitchen Thai pizza. I’m not really sure I consider I pizza, but if it qualifies, that is some darned good stuff.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Lamppost.

rj2ktoy
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 26

I love Original Pete’s. I used to work at a similar place in Stockton back in High School, so maybe it’s sentimental. It’s a little pricey but it’s worth it to me.

I will say that I can’t wait to try Blast 825. I love Trademark Pizza in Roseville. I’m hoping it’s comparable.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Round Table has lost a lot of business.

When I lived in South Sac years ago, they had this place called Sidewalk Pizza. Literally, it tasted like it came off a sidewalk. It was horrible.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@lc 107830 wrote:

I can barely get Round Table down. It’s too greasy. I like a cracker crumb crust, not the doughy stuff.

“cracker crumb crust”?????????????

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

We used to go to Steve’s every once in awhile until one day we were waiting for our pizza the guy behind the counter was sneezing and blowing his nose then handling the food WITHOUT washing his hands.. Coughing up a storm and right at the pizzas.. It was nasty.. I asked him if he had any food safety training.. he looked at me and said “why”… OMG.. I explained it to him and we got our money back and left.. never went back.. This is the one by Best buy off of Bond.. and the fwy.

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

Mountain Mike’s

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Plasma – That is Steve’s, not Pete’s.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

Pizza Bell for Pepperoni
    BJ’s for BBQ Chicken
    Old Town Pizzeria for All Meat (Chuck Norris)

Not sure if I could pick just one favorite

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

Mountain Mikes is our “go to”, but I’ve had some great pizza from Pizza Bell.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Wow, here’s a first, New York Pizza.

lisangracie
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 10
    • Total Posts - 10

Pete’s gets my vote!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@rj2ktoy 107836 wrote:

I love Original Pete’s. I used to work at a similar place in Stockton back in High School, so maybe it’s sentimental. It’s a little pricey but it’s worth it to me.

I will say that I can’t wait to try Blast 825. I love Trademark Pizza in Roseville. I’m hoping it’s comparable.

Me too, because I think Trademark, regardless of price (LOW), puts out a GREAT pizza with a nice thin crust and fresh toppings.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 107763 wrote:

We get little Caesars for the kids and birthday parties and middle school lunch. You can’t beat $6 and they taste pretty good. When we go out for it, we go to fat Mike’s or pizza bell on grantline. Old Town too sometimes.

We have a Little Caesar’s in Antelope that does more volume than most sit down parlors like Round Table, and out of only 1,200 SF. Every morning about 10:50 AM the line forms outside the door. When they open and orders start being filled, I’ll bet 1 out of 5 people leaving only have one pizza. I see many with 4-5. I don’t get it. I don’t know if they’re reselling or have some work event, but that place is insane. Love the operator, love the volume, but I’ll leave the pizza for you, Doc.

I do have one friend with two young boys, and they only pizza they’ve ever had is Little Caesar’s. He figures they won’t know the difference if they don’t ever have any other kind.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Round Table but we hardly have it because it’s so expensive.

I’ll sadly admit we frequent Little Caesars. Can’t beat walking out with 3 pizza’s for under 20 bucks. Kids only want pepperoni anyway. We hosted a party a week back with 20 adults and 12 kids. We got 6 pizza’s from Little Caesars for $36 and 3 XL Specialty Pizza’s from Papa Murphy’s for $45. Fed a small army for about 80 bucks and had leftovers for lunch the following week.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

What no one mentioned Chucky Cheese? I describe their pizza as saltine with ketshup

Round table
    Mountain Mikes

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I like Round Table’s salad bar with the pizza.

Oops! That’s for another poll, right, Doc?

diyaner
    • Topics - 7
    • Replies - 65
    • Total Posts - 72

Old Town Pizza

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

Todo un Poco for me – both for quality and variety.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@tomwaltman 107843 wrote:

Plasma – That is Steve’s, not Pete’s.

My apologies to Pete’s.. yes.. that was Steve’s.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

The thing about pizza is, that even terrible pizza ain’t that bad. But good pizza can make you wish your stomach was a lot bigger as you weep for joy. I like thick crust pizzas, but a well-crafted thin crust pizza is a thing of beauty as well. And I like mine simple–I’m perfectly okay with a cheese pizza. Zachary’s in Berkeley (or Oakland, I’m not sure where it is) puts a pie on your table that looks like a cheesecake, but Jupiter on Shattuck serves up a thin crust pizza that’s pretty delicious.

Mmmmm…pizza…

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My husband and I fell in love with simple pizza in Italy. It was all thin crust, with sauce, cheese, and just one or two other ingredients. The best crust ever though, and the sauce was so good. It didn’t need a ton of toppings or masses of cheese.
    I don’t like “doughy” crusts, so that’s why I don’t think thick crust pizza. Too much bread taste, and then you have to to put on even more toppings.

poncesportraits
    • Topics - 11
    • Replies - 16
    • Total Posts - 27

Pete’s Original Pizza or Paesano’s and round table are my favorites.

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

Old Town Pizza

ScottTheInsurancePro
    Participant
    • Topics - 11
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 22

Pizza Bell in Wilton for sure, bot really Elk Grove; but tasty! In Elk Grove I would say Pete’s Pizza…amazing crust!

elkgrovebum
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

lamppost thin crust for pizza. otp for beer & pizza!

Hound Mom
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

Pizza Bell is my go-to place for pizza. Besides the good taste, I like that it is locally owned.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Today is 40% off a large mountain mikes pizza. No coupon needed. Hmmmmm

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We were thinking of heading over there today anyway. This May seal the deal.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@gearshark23 107924 wrote:

Today is 40% off a large mountain mikes pizza. No coupon needed. Hmmmmm

Nice. Which one?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Are both Mountain Mike’s in town owned by the same guy?

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

Fat Mikes

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@newmom 107931 wrote:

Are both Mountain Mike’s in town owned by the same guy?

There are 3 in EG used to be 4. I think they are all owned by different people. I know the workers at the Laguna one are rude.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@CJay916 107926 wrote:

Nice. Which one?

I know Elk Grove Blvd for sure. Not too sure about the other two.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@gearshark23 107935 wrote:

I know Elk Grove Blvd for sure. Not too sure about the other two.

That’s where I’ll be if we get out of urgent care this week. My son has had a sore throat. Just checking him out.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I didn’t know there were so many in EG. Is the one on Laguna owned by the same guy that owns the one on EG Blvd?

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

3 in EG.

Elk Grove Florin and Calvine (unless it closed down, I don’t go over there often)
    Elk Grove Blvd (right after Jimboys)
    Laguna Blvd (In the nightmare parking lot of Chipotle.)

I’m not 100% sure on the owners, it possibly could be the same person.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

That’s too bad. Mountain Mike’s is out for us then.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 107939 wrote:

That’s too bad. Mountain Mike’s is out for us then.

Too far??

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

My Mom likes Round Table. Little Caesar is best for the kids and friends.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

newmom, those are the three Mountain Mikes in the Elk Grove area, all have different owners. You should venture over to this side of town one day and get a pizza. You need to be on the side of town were the cool kids with the best hair hang out…

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We went to the Mountain Mikes by Jimboys. Not impressed. I like the pepperoni that stays round. MM’s pepperonis get really and small and curl up. The sauce and cheese were just okay. There was no discount. A large pizza and 3 sodas cost us $26. I think a $6 pizza from Little Caesars would have been better to be honest and a better deal.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@EGL Admin 107942 wrote:

Too far??

No. Getting rear ended at 50 MPH by one of their drivers delivering a pizza and having the owner first refuse to give me insurance info, then claim the driver was on his way home and not on the job (he had the pizza in the car, the delivery address in the car, and he told the police he was delivering a pizza AND I heard the shop call him TWICE to see if he could still make the delivery), then the owner claimed the driver was a contract employee, then they admitted they had no insurance on their drivers as they are required by law to have. 15k in damages to my car. I don’t do business with people like that. I don’t care if it’s only a pizza. This was the one by Jimboys.

*I forgot to add that at one point they also claimed the driver didn’t even work there-just hung out there with friends who worked there-but he had on the shirt and hat, and they called him twice. Also the driver had just gotten his license back a month earlier after having it suspended. Great driver, right?

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@EGL Admin 107953 wrote:

We went to the Mountain Mikes by Jimboys. Not impressed. I like the pepperoni that stays round. MM’s pepperonis get really and small and curl up. The sauce and cheese were just okay. There was no discount. A large pizza and 3 sodas cost us $26. I think a $6 pizza from Little Caesars would have been better to be honest and a better deal.

There should have been. My parents got one yesterday. 40% off a large pizza. It’s even on their counter. I would call back and complain if I were you.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I didn’t see anything on in there about it. No biggie.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

When you buy a Mountain Mike’s franchise, you’re essentially buying a name and not much more. Units can be very inconsistent.

AdamsMommy
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 146
    • Total Posts - 161

My daughter makes the best Pizza in elk grove. 🙂 (we make it at home fresh from scratch because it taste so much better) [ATTACH=CONFIG]1878[/ATTACH]

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@adamsmommy 107985 wrote:

My daughter makes the best Pizza in elk grove. 🙂 (we make it at home fresh from scratch because it taste so much better) [ATTACH=CONFIG]1878[/ATTACH]

:taser no home made stuff.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@EGL Admin 107953 wrote:

I stopped by the one next to Jimboys yesterday and got a pizza. Double Pepperoni (i like how it curls up, its crispy. only like it that way at MM though) and extra sauce for about $13. It was great, having leftovers for lunch as we speak. Although MM pizza isn’t the best leftover.

There is a sign in front that says 40% off large pizzas on Tuesdays.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I’m with CJay I like how the pepperoni curls up and is crispy. I want some Pizza again.

Now I wonder, if the 40% off is only for take out and not Dine in..

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

All this pizza talk is making me hungry.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Why do you guys like the curly, dried up pepperoni? I forgot that MM did their’s that way until I saw it on our pizza and I thought, that’s why I don’t come here. It had been probably 5 years. Unless it’s a fundraiser, we don’t eat pizza out unless it’s at CPK, which my favorite. Love their crust. Or Paesano’s. Their crust is good too.
    Back in the 80’s Shakey’s Pizza used to have the all you can eat lunch buffet. Back then my friends and I used to work out a couple hours a day, 6 days a week. We would go in there once a week and we ate a lot of pizza. One time one of my friends and I ate over 20 pieces each. If I want I can still eat a large, but I haven’t done that in years. I have 2-3 pieces and call it good.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I don’t know why I do. Remember, I am not all there…. I could eat a large pizza alone. I remember in my single days I would come home around 10 PM and grab a large pizza on the way home. Come home, sit back in my room watch a movie and eat a large pizza by myself. I think back then it was MM or Little C’s.

There is a pizza place in Folsom called Ciros. They have a Wagon Wheel pizza. My family and I ordered it about 2 years ago. You could feed 20+ people with that pizza.

OH and I like to eat my pizza cold the next day.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Breakfast of champions!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I like leftover pizza, but prefer it reheated. I’ve had cold before and it is pretty good.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

The char on the edges of the little pepperonis provides a pleasing crunch and adds complexity and depth to the taste of the pizza…

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Or not. Do you burn your steaks too?

MailandMoreEG
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 26
    • Total Posts - 28

We love Todo un Poco Pizza!! ğŸ˜Ž

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I, personally, don’t mistake my pepperonis for steaks.:Tongue sticking out

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

I think Tom summed up the curled up pepperoni allure nicely.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Some people like grapes and some like raisins. Figured Tom was a raisin guy.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I don’t mistake grapes for pepperonis either… You did learn your food groups, didn’t you?

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@EGL Admin 108006 wrote:

Why do you guys like the curly, dried up pepperoni?

I only like the pepporoni that way on Mountain Mikes. Wouldn’t like it at all on any other pizza. Just the way it taste with the other ingredients. It works for me.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Anyone make their own? It’s a PITA but if you take the time to make up your own dough and use toppings that are fresh, not defrosted from a freezer bag, BIG difference. For me it became too much work but it’s definitely a great taste. I do it maybe once a year on the Weber, especially if I’ve made up some sausage (also a PITA but so much fresher).

Trademark does it well enough that I just get it there, and that’s maybe 3x a year. Can’t eat that stuff anymo’

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

We occasionally grill pizza on the gas grill. Yep, amazing when you use really good, fresh ingredients.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We grill our pizza most of the time. Especially when it’s really hot in the summer and we don’t want to run the oven. In a pinch, Trader Joes and Raley’s have dough for sale.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@lc 108041 wrote:

Anyone make their own? It’s a PITA but if you take the time to make up your own dough and use toppings that are fresh, not defrosted from a freezer bag, BIG difference. For me it became too much work but it’s definitely a great taste. I do it maybe once a year on the Weber, especially if I’ve made up some sausage (also a PITA but so much fresher).

Trademark does it well enough that I just get it there, and that’s maybe 3x a year. Can’t eat that stuff anymo’

For Christmas a few years ago we bought pizza dough from Trader Joes. Everyone brought different toppings and we all made our own individual pizzas. They were cooked on a smoker with a Custom Pizza cooker. They were delicious

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Homemade pizza sounds good now!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Has to be better than mountain mike’s! :stir:

AdamsMommy
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 146
    • Total Posts - 161

Yes, we make our own dough in my house put that baby in a stone and put what we want. (cheaper and taste much better)

Ladymoon
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 82

Paesanos is our favorite . . . It would be pretty expensive for a family though. They only make smalls now and they are about $16 each!!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Yeah they aren’t cheap. They can usually feed two people I think. Our kids still get the kids pizzas luckily.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy