fbpx
Advertisements

Bicycle traffic question

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wildoates 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I think I know the answer already. On waterman road between Bond and EG Blvd, it’s double yellow lines, there is no shoulder. Guy on bike pulling a trailer. Are cars supposed to follow him going less than 10 mph?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

What the heck is Dianne yellow? Do you mean dotted yellow?

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

No, I think he ment the rare “Dianne Yellow” color from the original 1940’s Crayola crayon box.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

what kind of bike of trailer? please tell me not one with kids in it, especially on that section of road

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Double yellow! Damn iPhone

Scarlet, no kids. He was hauling a box of something. It’s not the older guy with mental health issues that rides around town. Needless to say I did not follow him.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

@EGL Admin 107624 wrote:

I think I know the answer already. On waterman road between Bond and EG Blvd, it’s double yellow lines, there is no shoulder. Guy on bike pulling a trailer. Are cars supposed to follow him going less than 10 mph?

No, pass when it’s safe. And he should really avoid that road. It’s like riding on Kammerer, east of Bruceville. Way too dangerous.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Isn’t it illegal to cross the double yellow line to pass? If it’s not, then cool no issue. If I had to wait for him all the way to Bond I might have run him over. 🙂

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

@tomwaltman 107628 wrote:

No, I think he ment the rare “Dianne Yellow” color from the original 1940’s Crayola crayon box.

Hahahahaha!

We just about ran over a guy with a bike/trailer on West Stockton by the auto mall the other night. He had a headlight, but was facing north on the southbound side of the road, and we couldn’t see him in the dark until we were almost on him.

And someone DID get hit–fatally–on Saturday night leaving the Sonora Celtic Faire. It was dark, she was in dark clothes, there are no street lights, traffic lights, crosswalks, sidewalks, or even a healthy verge. She was walking too close to the line, someone didn’t see her, and poof. Just like that, she’s gone.

So things like this make me nervous.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

My husband sees that guy regularly – he collects all kinds of stuff and takes it to the recycling place over on Dino somewhere. Funniest thing they have seem him pulling on his bike was a coffin, yes coffin. The guys got out and watched him, hoping there wasn’t a body that was going to fall out. Then about 10 minutes later a police car pulls up asking if a coffin just went by.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

That is funny. Kind of scary, but funny.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@scarlet 107645 wrote:

My husband sees that guy regularly – he collects all kinds of stuff and takes it to the recycling place over on Dino somewhere. Funniest thing they have seem him pulling on his bike was a coffin, yes coffin. The guys got out and watched him, hoping there wasn’t a body that was going to fall out. Then about 10 minutes later a police car pulls up asking if a coffin just went by.

Picture or it didn’t happen. 🙂

I’ve seen that guy’s story in the Citizen before. Very sad. I think he was in an accident and suffered some brain damage. He’s been around forever. Probably 20-25 years. There’s a couple of others too. One we called the Robe Woman. She would walk near EGHS barefoot in her robe, and various hours of the day. Almost in a trance like state. I heard various stories about her. Something about one of her loved ones was killed or died somehow. There was another guy, kind of tall and skinny with dark glasses. We called him the “dude”. He walks around gesturing and talking to himself. I saw him the other day. Looks about the same, just older and skinnier.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

A family friend rides his bikes all over the place. He has buckets on the side of his bikes. He like me picks up trash because he is tired of seeing trash pollute our city.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’ve noticed since daylight savings time came back and the warmer weather that there are a lot of people riding their bikes at night and not wearing reflective clothing or even having reflectors on their bikes. That’s craziness. A biker was killed this morning in Sacramento at 5 am. Didn’t hear the circumstances as to what happened, but you bikers be careful out there and make yourselves as visible as possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.