Blogger That Wants to Legalize Rape Cancels Meeting at Roseville Park

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EGdonald 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

Heard this story on the way in this morning. WTF is wrong with people???

Story Link

Posted Wednesday, February 3rd 2016 @ 3pm by KFBK News – Kaitlin Lewis
    We want to warn you that this story is controversial and contains sensitive material.

A group that claims to be about “men’s rights” is claiming that they cancelled their meeting at a popular Roseville park this weekend, saying they “can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend.”

A controversial blogger from Maryland, called “Roosh V,” says rape inside a private home should be legal. He was planning an “International Meetup Day” for his nearly 40,000 followers, including one in Roseville this Saturday.

“They [planned] to gather on a sidewalk next to Royer Park for a very short period of time before taking off to another location,” said DeeDee Gunther with the Roseville Police Department.

Gunther says officers have taken calls from a lot of horrified people, and promised that police would monitor the park.

“People have a right to free speech, even speech that is very offensive to the majority of us, and to peaceful assemble,” Gunther stated.

The meet-up was not billed as “pro-rape,” but Julie Bornhoeft with a local branch of WEAVE says it is still abhorrent.

“Our position is simple misogyny is not a right. Rape is not a right,” Bornhoeft said.

Backlash from women on social media has been intense. Some call the group domestic terrorists, others talk about going to the park and holding pictures of rape survivors around the men. A Facebook group called “Rally against Rapists” had planned to organize a counter-protest.

Read more: http://kfbk.iheart.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/blogger-that-wants-to-legalize-rape-14344559#ixzz3zDE8jo92

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Disgusting. I don’t care to read more. I already know my opinion on it/

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

This guy sounds pretty extreme, but this date rape thing is becoming a problem especially on college campuses. They seem to default to Napoleonic Code; guilty until proven innocent.

It’s not exactly the new craze to have one night stands in college, especially after a night of serious drinking. Be honest, how many have not delved into “overnight dating” a time or two in their younger years? This is not to say that taking advantage of a girl who is passed out or out of her mind drunk is anything but abhorrent, but today a girl (or guy) can wake up, wish she wouldn’t have done the deed, get angry, and file a complaint with the police and or the school, and the guy will at a minimum be heavily questioned and in many cases charged with rape, then questioned. We read about it all the time. If I was in college today I’d be scared to death to even get close to a female I didn’t know well, and even then there’s on ongoing risk that she can get bent about something and pull the rape card.

Legalizing rape at home doesn’t sound like something most reasonable people would agree with, but it’s hard to argue that “men’s rights” in some circumstances as above where there was full consent, haven’t been diminished to the point of unjust process in more than a few cases.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Idiots. Maybe they need to get raped with a broom handle.

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

Is the “consent” thing actual law in CA?
    I recall hearing about legislation or something implying that consent must be unquestionably obtained prior to any relations between 2 strangers or acquaintances.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Probably best to have your lawyer draw up a simple 10 page agreement prior to engagement fblike

The state law says consent does not have to be in writing, but it must be affirmative, even for touching. How do you prove there was or was not consent, assuming you’re not recording the encounter? If it comes down to “he said/she said” then guess who is going to lose.

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

Thanks, LC.
    Those were my exact thoughts when I first heard about that legislation, and still are my thoughts – and like you, I reflected on the few promiscuous stories I heard in college and applied them to today if one were to raise the accusation of rape. Of course, i don’t mean to imply that women should NOT raise their voices against any type of harassment or assault. But the way nature works and the existence of this law makes it seem 1-sided.

I don’t support the group nor rape – but I do admit I’d like to know where they’re going with their claims to strike rape criminal acts from the books. Plainly put, I want to know “WTH are these guys thinking?!”
    What I heard reported on talk radio (on KFBK in fact) is that the guy organizing/leading the claim says something along the lines of rape should be allowed in private homes/property, and that it will force women to take their safety into their own hands… or something like that.
    That definitely doesn’t make sense to me since women are always enabled to take their own safety into their own hands and not sure how rape will do that anyway, so I and shelving this group with the “I want attention” crowd.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Simple case of Sharia Law advocates.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

but this date rape thing is becoming a problem especially on college campuses

Sit with a victim of date rape it might change your views.

[video]https://youtu.be/ZmWBrN7QV6Y[/video]

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

No one says it cannot happen, nor minimizes the severity and damage. However, the law as it exists will not prevent any kind of true rape. Under this law, you can be charged if you touch someone on the arm. Read it, if you haven’t.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

No law will ever prevent rape. It works to define what rape is and create punishment. There was a time that a husband forcing himself on his wife wasn’t rape. The idea of consent is a relatively new legal term too.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

On another note, this could be more cultural than religious (Sharia law). I remember when I was in college (1992-93 or so) the Latin American cultures didn’t consider a husband forcing himself on his wife or girlfriend to be rape. It was just expected and never talked about. It was actually considered machismo. Husbands and boyfriends also weren’t expected to be monogamous, and as a result the HIV rate was very high in Latin America among heterosexuals. Rather than seeking to teach Latin American men and women what rape is, people instead preached using condoms so they could at least slow the HIV spread.

Regardless, it should not be tolerated.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I’m terrified of my girls getting date rapped, Especially since they are innocent. I would really kill the guy. I don’t care.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Glad I don’t have any daughters.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I know. I don’t worry about my boy being hurt, but I worry about my girls so much. All of them are innocent in that way , 3 18 year olds. They take the subject matter seriously. It’s frustrating. I know my Mom used to worry about me going clubbing and a guy putting something in my drink. Mom’s being worried isn’t anything new/ I just wish our society took this seriously, where are the mothers of the boys of the date rapes? Where are there mothers? What do they think about their sons who violate another person ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy