fbpx

Chicago Fire Pizza

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jusme 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I went on their opening day and sat at the bar and had a couple of slices of pizza for lunch. It was good. Last night we went back for dinner. Got there by 4:30 to beat the rush. It wasn’t over half full. By 5 pm there were people outside but there was empty tables. I assume they didn’t have enough servers at that time. We ordered our food by 4:45. We ordered the boneless chicken wings and a medium deep dish pizza. Our friends ordered a medium thin crust. The server said the thin crust takes 25 minutes and the deep dish 45 minutes. It took 50 minutes to get the thin crust and an hour to get the deep dish. That was a bit too long to wait for pizza. The pizza was good. Not great. In my opinion it’s not as good as most pizza places. Pizza Bell is much better as is Blast 825. And it’s much quicker. The boneless wings were very good. They need to speed up the pizza making process.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We were there for the soft opening. We didn’t care for the deep dish at all. Didn’t like the crust, and typically I like a deep dish pizza. I prefer a thin crust though, and the one we had was very good. We also had the boneless “wings” and they were really good, but they weren’t strips as the menu said. They were more like really small nuggets. They did seem like all white meat though and tasted very good.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I didn’t mind the deep dish crust that was under the pizza, but didn’t like the taste of the outer crust at all. I wish they had a “normal” crust. The thin crust is too thin. It’s like a flatbread cracker. It’s okay, but not my favorite.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 125151 wrote:

I didn’t mind the deep dish crust that was under the pizza, but didn’t like the taste of the outer crust at all. I wish they had a “normal” crust. The thin crust is too thin. It’s like a flatbread cracker. It’s okay, but not my favorite.

That is a Chicago style crust, and exactly how a pizza crust should be. I hope it’s as good as the Folsom store. They do a great job. I have had pizza once in the last 12 months. It was Round Table. Gawd that thing was greasy. Not worth the calories.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Im not one for pizza. not going.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

They have good salads and chicken wings.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

I haven’t been to the Elk Grove location yet but, I have been over to the one at the Palladio in Folsom. They have a grilled pear salad (minus the goat cheese) that is very delish!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I love goat cheese and love that salad!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I normally hate goat cheese and really like that salad. They do a great job, at least in Folsom.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Hmmm, now I think I just have to try. My teens like it, so usually I won’t like it then 😉 kidding.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy