fbpx
Advertisements

Christmas Shopping this year – online or in the stores?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wildoates 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I’m curious who is shopping more online this year? I have to say that Amazon Prime and I are best buddies. I think I’m going to go thru withdraws after Christmas. I saw the mail carrier 7 days last week, yes he was at my house on Sunday before 10:00am. I’m going to have to get him something this year. That darn one and two click is just a little too dangerous, not to mention the daily deals. They don’t always have the best deals, so I do shop around. Retailmenot.com has come in handy for add’l coupons and free shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/ is a great place to shop if you are looking for handmade items (and you are not the hand making kind of person)

Another place I find my self going to for deals is https://jane.com/

Looking for books for kids? go to Scholastic – I entered in one of the local schools and have it shipped to the teacher so she gets credits to buy things for the classroom and I pick them up in the office

http://www.hasbro.com/en_US/ has two day shipping and 20 percent off their online store.

Not doing it all online, I will be at Macy’s tonight πŸ™‚

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Every year. Online. I hate people.

Okay, just shopping people. πŸ™‚

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

haha that’s what my daughter says also – one day she told someone to enjoy the movie and have a good day – he replied back to her, don’t tell me what to do. Wow!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Both, but mostly online. For some reason, I haven’t purchased one item from Zon for Christmas. I enjoy store shopping too, mostly Nordstrom who now price matches, and I’ve been shocked at how easy they cave.

I also discovered that Saks Off 5th pricing is to be watched. I bought some Ugg stuff for my wife at Nordies full retail, and found them at Saks with two price reductions–the final one was exactly what I paid at Nordies.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Nordstrom’s has awesome customer service

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Mostly on-line. Way easier.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Mostly online this year. Just cheaper and easier to order and watch it come to me!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Mostly online, but I don’t shop for too much stuff. My wife does most of the shopping and she actually goes to stores and does it! Eek! We use Amazon a lot. Even if it’s something simple. It’s too easy, usually cheaper and free shipping. Just have to wait 2 days. We have Amazon Prime and that pays for itself. I also like that Amazon has their subscription orders and you can have something sent once a month. I drink a lot of the ICE drinks. They are $1 a bottle at the stores. They never have them in 12 packs so I have to get them in singles. Now I have Amazon ship them to me once a month, same price as stores but free shipping.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

A bit of both. Depends on what I’m buying.

MooseMom
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 254
    • Total Posts - 353

This year I’ve done mostly in store but the kids are doing the online thing… FUNNY!

AbbyT
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 20

I’ve been doing a little of both online and in store. Every year I feel the need to stand in a few lines to get the whole Christmas experience, lol.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

AbbyT – it’s not the Christmas experience until the two of us close down at least a few stores!

dc327
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 121
    • Total Posts - 127

Both this year – I always go to Kohl’s and Target – good deals on the video game requests at Target. But I’ve also done online ordering for specific items. Fun to find a package on the porch! And my teenagers actually send me links to items they’ve requested…so that’s easy!

AbbyT
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 20

@scarlet 101379 wrote:

AbbyT – it’s not the Christmas experience until the two of us close down at least a few stores!

:haha: So true!

Annet50
    Participant
    • Topics - 30
    • Replies - 133
    • Total Posts - 163

Did most of my shopping online!!

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I haven’t really started.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

Online. I currently have five boxes from Amazon sitting in the entry way. I love Prime.

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

Amazon all the way. .I almost refuse to go into the stores this time of year. Dont enjoy crowds and rude people.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I witnessed a shoplifting incident yesterday at our new Walmart. It was disheartening. I followed them out of the nursery since thats the way we were both leaving from, and with a store employee. They started in on the employee once they reached the parking lot, so I spoke up and told them I was “the employees witness, and I am not leaving, so you better stop harassing him’. Of course he could do nothing, so the shoplifters went on their way.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

@wildoates 101339 wrote:

Every year. Online. I hate people.

Okay, just shopping people. πŸ™‚

I’m the same way. 99% of my shopping is done at Amazon.

govwatcher
    Participant
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 238
    • Total Posts - 250

Both. It’s about 75% online and 25% in the stores. I need that experience to feel like it is the season – but doing most of it online means I can concentrate on what really makes it Christmas – more family and friend time and reflecting on the reason for the season.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

@violarose 101498 wrote:

I witnessed a shoplifting incident yesterday at our new Walmart. It was disheartening. I followed them out of the nursery since thats the way we were both leaving from, and with a store employee. They started in on the employee once they reached the parking lot, so I spoke up and told them I was “the employees witness, and I am not leaving, so you better stop harassing him’. Of course he could do nothing, so the shoplifters went on their way.

Great job Viola. Proud of you standing up for what is right. Thank you.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Just checked on my Christmas present, and it should be on its way to my desk any time now! Love Santa’s new delivery system!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.