fbpx
Advertisements

Could it be almost 3 years already? Happy 3rd anniversary Eagle!

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Still a couple of days early, but wanted to catch people before the weekend. 3 years ago Saturday we started this site as an alternative to the other place. A place where we could hang out and be free of most of the drama and people with transparent skin who get offended at the drop of the hat. We have had our share of differences here, but sort of like in a family you butt heads, but it’s still family. We’ve lost some members along the way, gained some and some take sabbaticals. I’m sure the critics didn’t think it we would be here 3 years later and thought we would eventually go crawling back. They should know better than that. Thank you to everyone who participates here and for all the support the past 3 years. We may have a small group here, but it’s quality over quantity.

We are going to have to have a get together very soon, maybe Todo Un Poco again, maybe a weeknight so more of you can make it? We will set a date soon and go from there.

Thanks again for a fun 3 years and making this site what it is.

Doc

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

Three years already? Wow. Thank you Doc. This is a great place. Yes, it’s time for another get together.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Three years go by fast when you are having fun!! Thanks for a great site, all of you are quite entertaining to read 😛

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Hard to believe it has been 3 years! I was thinking it was two but it’s been 3.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

3 years breezed by. Love this site as it is very entertaining but most of all love the members. Everyone behaves respectably to each other and we have some pretty lively discussions from time to time. Happy Anniversary!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

The site isn’t bad. I’d like to see some improvements though

1–why do you charge for ads? why don’t you reward businesses by giving them the break they deserve?

2–why isn’t this more community oriented? it’s been about 6 months since I’ve checked in across the tracks, and saw yesterday those people know how to have a conversation. For example, there is a very exciting thread about dog park funding. I saw another about HOA rules, and of course businesses “we don’t want” and why McDonald’s is ruining the area.
    THESE are the topics that matter. Not stuff like city politics, civic matters, and non-bashing restaurant comments.

3–when are we going to get Eagle cellphones?

When you’re ready to have a discussion, let us know. “Us” is all of us because “we” want these changes.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

I would like to see this site stop bashing members and people that stood behind you.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

LC has just been banned. Anyone else have any “recommendations”?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Excellent points! 😉

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

where do we pick up our eagle phones??

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Happy Anniversary and thanks for the site. It sure has been an interesting 3 years!

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

So when is the get-together?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Maybe later this month or early April.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Doc Obama is giving away EGL phones? Woo hoo! Gotta get me one of those.

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

@sea 74964 wrote:

So when is the get-together?

After you have lost that 5 pounds….:stir:

itsallinthepits
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 684
    • Total Posts - 737

Can we have it at Leatherby’s? I want ice cream. 🙂

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

@bevone 74986 wrote:

After you have lost that 5 pounds….:stir:

I’m working on it!!!!!

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I want it at Boulevard Bistro. That should keep out the riff-raff. The two or three non-riff-raff could have a ball at BB. The rest of us could meet down at Bob’s or something…

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

@tomwaltman 74989 wrote:

I want it at Boulevard Bistro. That should keep out the riff-raff. The two or three non-riff-raff could have a ball at BB. The rest of us could meet down at Bob’s or something…

That’s a great idea! Either that or the Brickhouse. Since it’s within walking distance I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a designated driver.

itsallinthepits
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 684
    • Total Posts - 737

Brickhouse, yum!

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

@sea 74988 wrote:

I’m working on it!!!!!

LOL! After chasing down one or two bad guys it will disappear.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I was thinking Dickey’s BBQ. Newmom can help us order since she’s been there a few times. :stir:

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Apparently I have my own table and everything! Although my husband does wonder how I manage to sneak out of the house without him knowing. He doesn’t eat food (like ribs) that get your hands all dirty. I won’t tell him my secret though!

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

@EGL Admin 74993 wrote:

I was thinking Dickey’s BBQ. Newmom can help us order since she’s been there a few times. :stir:

Let’s NOT even go there…..

It’s way too far for me to walk.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Here’s your Eagle phone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1181[/ATTACH]

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Here is an eagle for you. Wait until the end. Just be entertained until then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc&list=PLQ-7WiWmOuK-55mfcd_tdcvy-57VMCkOW&index=4

Note, probably not approriate for work…

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

I don’t care where we go, lets just DO IT, Doc, you’ve been saying we’re getting together for ages now and NOTHING happens, do you want help? Just set a date, not everyone will be able to make it on the date you pick but maybe you could throw out 3 date and have us vote and the date that gets the most votes is the one we go with.
    PS, was LC really banned from this site??? Hope not, I just adore him :):)

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I’m not band. Doc kneds me to correc his punctwoashen air ors.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@newmom 74994 wrote:

Apparently I have my own table and everything! Although my husband does wonder how I manage to sneak out of the house without him knowing. He doesn’t eat food (like ribs) that get your hands all dirty. I won’t tell him my secret though!

Wow!!! You have your own table?!?!?!?! How impressive!!!! I’m curious though, is there any place in our humble city that is worthy of your presence?

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Happy 3rd anniversary !!!! That is really cool that this site has stayed on and thrived. Glad to be part of it. Cheers!

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

Hard to believe it is 3 years already. Newmom and I were just at Dickey’s for lunch the other day and we were talking about how it seems like just yesterday that Doc started this place. 🙂

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

That was a fun lunch Joy! Let’s get together again sometime!!!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@raven 75008 wrote:

Wow!!! You have your own table?!?!?!?! How impressive!!!! I’m curious though, is there any place in our humble city that is worthy of your presence?

Well, apparently I do, since you told me you saw me there and all. And as I’ve mentioned many times on this site, with a 5 year old and a 10 year old, if and when we go out to eat, it tends to be family oriented places like Chevy’s, Red Robin, Smashburger, etc. Now, these are NOT what I consider to be “good” restaurants, and not a place I would go without my young kids or with girlfriends. They are family oriented places with quick, consistent food that appeals to kids. Perfect for a 5 and 10 year old. We were just at Red Robin on Thursday night, which was my daughter’s choice to celebrate the end of another excellent trimester of school. Which is why your entire Dickey’s thing was a mystery to me because it sounds like it would be along those lines, and I would have no problem admitting I went there IF I have ever gone. But I have never been there before, so I’m still not sure who you saw, but it wasn’t me.
    As to a place in town that is “worthy” of me-I love Boulevard Bistro. Service, ambiance, and food is all great. I haven’t been to Silva’s in years but I did enjoy their food. I thought the inside of the place could have been nicer, but it’s also been at least 8 years since I’ve been there so maybe they have redecorated. I’m not on the Palermo’s bandwagon like many people. The food was okay, but I did not care for the location or decorations. Only been there two times though, and the second time was not by choice. That, too was years ago, so maybe they have redecorated. When hubby and I go out alone, we tend to eat downtown where there is more of a selection of truly good restaurants that don’t have kiddie food and kiddie menus.
    Any other questions??

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Why? Why, why, why?

omgnate
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 478
    • Total Posts - 479

@tomwaltman 75015 wrote:

Why? Why, why, why?

When you figure it out…Explain it to me…

Karen
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 504
    • Total Posts - 519

Happy Anniversary! This is a good place, glad I found it. Good work, Doc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.