Debate #2 tonight, your predictions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  CJay916 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Forgot to post this earlier. A lot has happened in the last 48 hours with the audio recording of Trump saying some stupid stuff. Plus more from his appearances with Howard Stern. Al Differ made a good point on Facebook as to why people are leaving Trump. They realize he will not win and then this is just one more issue and a reason not to support him, especially for GOP leaders. As things possibly worsen, the longer they support him, the worse it could be for them. I think the GOP is screwed either way. Here locally Scott Jones said he wouldn’t support Trump and now Trump supporters are saying then they won’t support him.

For tonight, this could end up being a nasty debate. I suspect Trump will try to get back at her and come out swinging. All she has to do is bring this up in her opening statement as reason not to support him and then he will go into Bill’s issues and then it will be over. Since he has no tact, you can only imagine how he will say it. Is he going to take his thumb and index finger to make a circle and use the other index finger and put it in and out rapidly to visually describe what Clinton did? Wouldn’t be too surprised. 🙂

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

This debate is rigged as it’s based on viewer questions and moderator questions based on social media popular topics, which of course is headed by Trump’s hot mic tape, released by the Democrats and the media on Friday.

If you want opinions on car problems, don’t ask a dentist. If you want opinions on the GOP, don’t ask a liberal. Look to the practicum for those in an election first (Jones, for example), then to the fact that people on both sides are much more influenced by the media and the desire for social validation than they may like to admit.

As to the debate, I doubt that Trump has a chance given the media, the format, and his apparent inability to turn his campaign in a winning direction.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

There were some uncomfortable minutes at the beginning while the two discussed their personal issues. He’s losing on the tax return issue. When he said “no one respects women more than me”, I mean come on. That is so far from being true. Trump is the typical rich/popular/etc guy who thinks all women want him and thinks he can do what he wants. I believe he is respectful to the ones he likes. I believe he hates the ones who challenge him and that’s why he went after Megyn Kelly and made the blood comment. I am amazed though that some women I know support him. They are just completely blinded to who and what he is. He’s like the typical bully, he sucks you in and you don’t see the things he does, and then one day he comes after you and then you see it.

Clinton said there is an increase in bullying because of Trump. That’s a load of BS.

It seemed most of the questions were aimed at Trump. The Muslim question being one.

CJay916
    Participant
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

The moderators did a horrible job. They were completely biased. They aren’t trying to hide it anymore.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I don’t know if there will be another GOP president in my lifetime. The national elections are now largely controlled by the media through all channels–conventional, cable, social media–and they are all leftists, even lots of the Fox people now. Many people do not pay that much attention to the election until Q3, and they hear a few snippets of anti GOP whoever with no real conversations. Poverty and crime are up in the Democratic strongholds, and those are the people who look at how much subsidy others are forced to give them, and will continue to vote Democrat, unless by some miracle the message that the Democrats are cruel plantation owners, fixated on keeping voters dependent on their government, starts to resonate. For these population centers, those voters who have been largely balkanized into activist colonies, another of Obama’s accomplishments, see no benefit in supporting a GOP candidate.

In the last two elections, the GOP have been represented by subpar candidates. Even with a free America hating, terrible president, and a terrible current candidate with an inarguable record of corruption on the other side, they lose, and will probably continue to lose until/unless the GOP comes up with someone so irresistible to enough voters to get them in office. The bar for any GOP presidential candidate is threefold that of any Democrat. That coupled with the media bias makes the election of a GOP candidate so difficult one could easily lose hope.

Concentrate on the down ballot. That’s the only defense right side voters have today. It’s sad when gridlock has become the primary goal.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@lc 127939 wrote:

I don’t know if there will be another GOP president in my lifetime. The national elections are now largely controlled by the media through all channels–conventional, cable, social media–and they are all leftists, even lots of the Fox people now. Many people do not pay that much attention to the election until Q3, and they hear a few snippets of anti GOP whoever with no real conversations. Poverty and crime are up in the Democratic strongholds, and those are the people who look at how much subsidy others are forced to give them, and will continue to vote Democrat, unless by some miracle the message that the Democrats are cruel plantation owners, fixated on keeping voters dependent on their government, starts to resonate. For these population centers, those voters who have been largely balkanized into activist colonies, another of Obama’s accomplishments, see no benefit in supporting a GOP candidate.

In the last two elections, the GOP have been represented by subpar candidates. Even with a free America hating, terrible president, and a terrible current candidate with an inarguable record of corruption on the other side, they lose, and will probably continue to lose until/unless the GOP comes up with someone so irresistible to enough voters to get them in office. The bar for any GOP presidential candidate is threefold that of any Democrat. That coupled with the media bias makes the election of a GOP candidate so difficult one could easily lose hope.

Concentrate on the down ballot. That’s the only defense right side voters have today. It’s sad when gridlock has become the primary goal.

Who on Fox do you think are leftists? Kelly? I’ve seen people comment on that. I think she just hates Trump. I don’t think she is by any means liberal. Some think anyone against Trump is a liberal. I think those for Trump are not conservative. 🙂

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Shep Smith is another. I listen to Fox on satellite, rarely watch it, but aside from Hannity, Gutfield, and Pirro most of the regular anchors are a long ways from strong right siders. O’Reilly is truly balanced on the air, to his credit. In his live performance in Reno, O’Reilly said the party loyalty at Fox is now split about 50/50.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Are they liberals or just don’t like Trump? I haven’t seen Smith in a long time and I only turn on cable news when there’s a debate or something big happens. I can’t stand Piro. I can’t listen to her or watch her. She talks like a fish because she can’t move her mouth. Hannity is bad too. The media is pretty bad on both sides right now and then you have all the internet “news” sites that are even worse and people post links to those and act like it is the gospel truth.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@lc 127939 wrote:

The national elections are now largely controlled by the media through all channels–conventional, cable, social media–and they are all leftists, even lots of the Fox people now. [/quote]

Doubtful. From my perspective, the people on the right kept running to the right leaving everyone else defined as ‘the left’. The ‘right’ purified itself too much and made of themselves a smaller minority. It reminds me a lot of what I see some Libertarians do. Purify until we are a collection of parties with one member in them!

Quote:
    In the last two elections, the GOP have been represented by subpar candidates. …they lose, and will probably continue to lose until/unless the GOP comes up with someone so irresistible to enough voters to get them in office.

Don’t feel so bad. The Dems put John Kerry up in 2004 and Al Gore in 2000. Clinton and Obama were the only two dynamic candidates they’ve nominated over the years I’ve been voting. I’m sure what remains of the GOP center will find a decent candidate in the coming decade.

This kind of collapse almost happened last time with Ron Paul’s revolution. He didn’t succeed where Trump has.

Quote:
    The bar for any GOP presidential candidate is threefold that of any Democrat. That coupled with the media bias makes the election of a GOP candidate so difficult one could easily lose hope.

Nah. The bar is the bar. It’s come way down for this election on both sides. Nobody loves Clinton like they did Obama and lots of people despise Trump. If either of them were actually likable, this election would be soooooo over.

Quote:

Libertarians don’t mind the gridlock, but it is kinda stupid. Money is cheap right now. We could be doing a few things we shouldn’t try to afford at other times.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.