fbpx

Delta Shores….. Ehhh it’s close enough to EG

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zepp 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

So in addition to the Wal Mart Supercenter and whatever else is going over in the Delta Shores off of I-5 and Cosumnes River. (Sounds funny to say that) RC Willey will be coming near us to. I have never been to RC Willey.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150210006734/en/RC-Willey-Announces-State-of-the-Art-Store-Built-Sacramento#.VOQ3HPnF_85

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Wait, another Walmart?

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Yes, there will be 2 new walmarts. In the “vicinity” of Elk Grove.

Gerber Road and Elk Grove Florin, at the old Golf Course, a Walmart will be built there. Then I-5 and Cosumnes a Wal Mart will be built there.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

The proposed Delta Shores Walmart is not near any other Walmart; i don’t see the problem?

RC Willey is a Buffet-owned furniture and appliance mega store. They have wanted to be in Elk Grove for a decade but would only buy land. At the time they were active the only available land was leasehold. Today the only reasonable locations for them are owned by the same people (Delta Shores and the EG mall periphery land) so it stands to reason they will make a deal with them. Good location for them, right on the freeway.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

There is no problem. I was really surprised that the built the WM at Whitelock and Bruceville,(especially with one being at EG Blvd and 99) I always thought a Safeway was supposed to go somewhere in that area.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Safeway was scheduled to go at the SWC of Whitelock and Bruceville and I think they own the land now or at a minimum it’s deed restricted. The Walmart location is weird–based on future spacing. I would not expect the larger, older one to be open forever, nor would I expect Bruceville/Whitelock to be a Walmart forever. They will almost for certain end up by the mall in some configuration.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

wrong thread

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

So again could be a rumor. But there supposedly starting to build, I haven’t really noticed. So in addition to Walmart RC Wiley and the theater a chipotle I complained we needed one closer to I-5 that’s fine by me it’s not next to me but closer, a IN N out, petsmart, dicks sporting goods, Verizon wireless, habit burger, and sleep train mattress. If this is true I think it’s good, now if they can just get that “mall” outlet thing going. Will probably never shop there.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

No they’re almost 80% leased. Most of the SF is taken up by Walmart and the tenants you mentioned and a theatre. The theatre should be a lovely place, making the Sheldon location attractive in comparison. They’re not going to take much from EG. I was worried for awhile about our centers on I-5, not so much now given the Walmart and the mix. Very few small shops. The place is going to be a Meadowview hangout. Just wait.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

People complain about Elk Grove becoming south Sac, well this is in South Sac, really close to a really lousy area. I can’t imagine wanting to buy a home there, much less shop there. The only good thing is that it is close to I-5 so you don’t have to drive through the ghetto to get there.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Absolutely correct about the Delta Shores area not being a good place to buy a home. It’s too close to Meadowview. In the early 2000’s around 2005 before the housing crash they built some new homes south of Meadowview off Amherst. Those places are only 10 years old and the area looks terrible. The homes are a fraction of the price for a similar home in EG. The adjoining community was built in the 60’s and was/is run down. The schools are questionable at best. This is the future of homes purchased in DS. Stay away. As for shopping it will be fine except the theater as LC noted.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

I think Delta Shores is supposed to open in 2017 and in theory, our place will be 2016? Delta Shores will pull some business from our mall but it may have also prompted HH to accelerate their development of the site. We can only hope.

NishaG41
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 12

There are a lot of nice homes off of Franklin, off of Jacinto.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@bainc 121934 wrote:

Absolutely correct about the Delta Shores area not being a good place to buy a home. It’s too close to Meadowview. In the early 2000’s around 2005 before the housing crash they built some new homes south of Meadowview off Amherst. Those places are only 10 years old and the area looks terrible. The homes are a fraction of the price for a similar home in EG. The adjoining community was built in the 60’s and was/is run down. The schools are questionable at best. This is the future of homes purchased in DS. Stay away. As for shopping it will be fine except the theater as LC noted.

I haven’t been in that newer subdivision. I guess it’s good because it’s newer homes for a cheaper price, but the area is awful. Not surprised it is run down already. If you don’t take care of your home, it can look ragged in a few years. During the recession, we showed so many homes in the East Franklin area that were 5 years old and less and they were thrashed. Carpet and paint was awful. Most were probably rentals.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@nishag41 121986 wrote:

There are a lot of nice homes off of Franklin, off of Jacinto.

But the area… Not so much…

Wait does Franklin even

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@steveb6509 121937 wrote:

I think Delta Shores is supposed to open in 2017 and in theory, our place will be 2016? Delta Shores will pull some business from our mall but it may have also prompted HH to accelerate their development of the site. We can only hope.

Depends on what stores they get there. I am not sure there will be a big draw for people to go there. We have a Walmart. RC Wiley isn’t a store I would go to. Dick’s Sporting Goods might be okay. We already have Sports Chalet and Sports Authority.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I shudder to think of the new DS homes east of the freeway. There are 2-3 major connectors coming through the neighborhoods directly from Meadowview. West of I-5 is more isolated. Like the Pocket it might be OK, certainly better. Might reduce the EG crime though! Easier, faster, more convenient for the bad guys.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@EGL Admin 121992 wrote:

Depends on what stores they get there. I am not sure there will be a big draw for people to go there. We have a Walmart. RC Wiley isn’t a store I would go to. Dick’s Sporting Goods might be okay. We already have Sports Chalet and Sports Authority.

True. RC Wiley isn’t my kind of store, never been to the one out in Rocklin. Dicks I probably wouldn’t go to either. I usually buy most of my stuff on Amazon.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@lc 121994 wrote:

I shudder to think of the new DS homes east of the freeway. There are 2-3 major connectors coming through the neighborhoods directly from Meadowview. West of I-5 is more isolated. Like the Pocket it might be OK, certainly better. Might reduce the EG crime though! Easier, faster, more convenient for the bad guys.

Sad thing is, Pocket has more elderly people. Seems like all the Stores over there close at 7 P.M.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Pocket and Greenhaven have a lot of older folks.

Might reduce the EG crime though! Easier, faster, more convenient for the bad guys.

Good be a good selling point for Elk Grove. “Buy at Delta Shores and reduce Elk Grove’s crime rate!”

GoodEats
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 68
    • Total Posts - 70

@gearshark23 121995 wrote:

True. RC Wiley isn’t my kind of store, never been to the one out in Rocklin. Dicks I probably wouldn’t go to either. I usually buy most of my stuff on Amazon.

We bought our dining set at RC Wiley. They have good products, prices, and service. If I had to buy furniture again, I would go there first.

Besides they often give you a free hot dog and a coke on Saturday for lunch. Somehow I always seem to find myself at the store around that time. :p

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

@lc 121994 wrote:

24th Street and Detroit Ave will connect into the new area. Only a fool, a landlord, or someone who really shouldn’t buy a home period will purchase a new home in this area. Will there be homes west of I-5 or is that commercial?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We got a dresser from RC Wiley in Roseville. They have a wide selection of furniture.

zepp
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 20

I finally realized where this is. Yes, not so good but affordable for those who want cheaper housing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.