fbpx

Do You Watch "The Shark Tank"?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MrsKaysSweetTreats 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Whether you have an idea for a new product or service, no matter how small, or if you are contemplating asking for a raise or promotion, or even trying to get the attention of someone important to you, watching The Shark Tank can help you refine your pitch and get you where you want to be.

The Shark Tank is a group of wealthy venture capitalists who listen to pitches from start up companies with a product that has seem some success, but needs either capital or a strategic partner, or both, to move to the next step. The deals are real, and made on the set after the pitch. It’s seen on both ABC and CNBC.

Why you might like it:

–It will get you thinking about how to make a concise, effective pitch to anyone

–You’ll learn how to organize your sales points, be they business or social (like for dates)

–It’s upbeat, fast paced, and can be funny

–Your faith in American ingenuity and entrepreneurship will be restored.

I like the show. I’ve made mental notes of the successful pitches and incorporated some in my own business –we can get stale and off track without occasional reminders.

One interesting fact is that the network gets 2% of every deal, regardless of the deal, so it’s a self-propagating program. It’s seen on both ABC and CNBC at various times; ABC Thursday nights. Check your cable listings.

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

Yes! I really like this show. One of my favorite episodes was the one where a couple tried to pitch their anti-flatulence underpants. Basically, it was air-tight underwear with filters built in that allowed flatulent gases to pass without offending those nearby. It was hilarious. Unfortunately, non of the sharks invested in that one.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We’ve watched it a few times. It’s pretty good.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

I’ve been in front of investors making pitches and have a hard time watching the show because I recognize some of the errors people make. Embarrassment is a VERY effective teacher and I recall my hard earned lessons and sweat too much. 8)

Everyone should learn this stuff, though. If you can do it, you won’t be a wage slave for long because you simply won’t tolerate the nonsense dished at you by a boss who thinks you deserve it. You’ll know better and might even spot opportunities to run your own businesses when they appear. Even if the only pitch you ever make is to your spouse or relatives, it is useful to know how.

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

Love this show…..

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I’ve watched it since it started. I love Mr Wonderful……….NOT. lol

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

My sons love it.

MrsKaysSweetTreats
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 108
    • Total Posts - 128

I learn so much from them. I want to go on but they kinda scare me…..

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Love that show 🙂

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@mrskayssweettreats 92468 wrote:

I learn so much from them. I want to go on but they kinda scare me…..

Practice on other people. Often. 8)

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

Mr. Wonderful is my favorite!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.