fbpx
Advertisements

Dogs In Cars…

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ila 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

MooseMom
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 254
    • Total Posts - 353

Yesterday I saw several cars with dogs left in them… lucky for everyone it was early in the morning, before the cars turned into solar ovens, but obviously (to me), the owners had forgotten that we just CANNOT DO THAT to our wonderful fur-kids! Please, people, leave the dogs at home when it is even warm-ISH out! I broke a sweat a couple of times yesterday when I had to get into the car for errands… We humans are supposed to have bigger brains? Let’s use them, people!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Yep. People don’t realize how hot it gets. Not as bad if a car is in the shade. Even sitting in a car with windows all the way down is too hot on a mild day like today.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Perhaps if people would stop thinking they need to take their dog everywhere they go, things like this wouldn’t happen. I was in the Apple store a couple of weeks ago and someone had their poodle in there with them. WTF? I mean, really, it’s not like you were out with the dog and spontaneously decided to drive to the mall and go to the Apple store. I love our dog. He’s great. But he’s a dog. We were eating dinner at Scott’s on the River one night and some obnoxious woman had her dog out at the outdoor dining area. The problem was he was a very large dog and not well trained and he kept pulling and trying to take people’s food off their plates and almost tripped several wait staff. The lady was oblivious that she was ruining others’ dining experience.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Why do businesses allow pets anyways? I posted the other day about one in my son’s karate belt ceremony. People said it was probably a therapy dog. BS.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We never had an inside dog and thus never took our dogs anywhere. Now we have a dog who comes in the house and we do take it some places. We take it when we take the kids to school or pick them. He goes on walks and jogs with me. We have taken him to a couple of restaurants that offer outdoor seating but called ahead first. Some people do take them everywhere and I agree that is nuts. Our dog is 70 pounds so he’s not a lap dog so we can’t and wouldn’t anyway. It has changed the dynamic though when we travel, especially now with my mom gone because she always fed our dogs. Now we have to rely on my mother in law and that is scary. We have taken two RV trips and took our dog. We are going to Newport Beach this summer and renting a place that allows dogs. 3 years I would have said that’s crazy. We will see how that goes.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

He got to 70lbs? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him. I thought he was suppose to be a tad smaller??

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Our dog is mostly indoors and he goes for a lot of walks and such. If we walk to the store, one of us stays outside and holds the leash, rather than taking him inside. When we vacation, we kennel him. He just got home yesterday from 10 days at Camp Bow Wow.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

There was a guy with 4 chihuahua-like dogs trolling Home Depot yesterday. I don’t think businesses should allow it.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@scarlet 94287 wrote:

He got to 70lbs? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him. I thought he was suppose to be a tad smaller??

He’s bigger than most Aussies. I think that’s why the breeder got rid of him. At 6 months he was bigger than her adult Aussies. he’s a little chubby too though. Probably should be around 60 lbs.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 94288 wrote:

Our dog is mostly indoors and he goes for a lot of walks and such. If we walk to the store, one of us stays outside and holds the leash, rather than taking him inside. When we vacation, we kennel him. He just got home yesterday from 10 days at Camp Bow Wow.

How was Camp Bow Wow, and what did that cost you?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

He loves Camp Bow Wow -he has stayed there many times and never had a problem. He even made two friends this week- other labs named Abbey and another Cooper. They have video cameras and you can check in on your dog playing. As for the cost, it was less than repairing and replacing the furniture. There is a cost per night based on services you want to add.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Little dogs are the new accessory from what I hear.

madforplaid
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 145
    • Total Posts - 154

@newmom 94280 wrote:

Perhaps if people would stop thinking they need to take their dog everywhere they go, things like this wouldn’t happen. I was in the Apple store a couple of weeks ago and someone had their poodle in there with them. WTF? I mean, really, it’s not like you were out with the dog and spontaneously decided to drive to the mall and go to the Apple store. I love our dog. He’s great. But he’s a dog. We were eating dinner at Scott’s on the River one night and some obnoxious woman had her dog out at the outdoor dining area. The problem was he was a very large dog and not well trained and he kept pulling and trying to take people’s food off their plates and almost tripped several wait staff. The lady was oblivious that she was ruining others’ dining experience.

I totally agree with newmom. I thought it was against the law to bring dogs into businesses that serve food? I thinks people even put fake service vests on their dogs in order to bring them into places they shouldn’t.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s not a against the law. It’s up to each business I think. Most places that allow it have outdoor patios.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.