fbpx
Advertisements

Dryer Vent Wizard – "Get the Lint Out" Inspect, Install, Clean and Repair

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JenBee 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

JenBee
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

Did you know that there are over 15,500 dryer vent fires every year? Give Dryer Vent Wizards a call for a professional inspection and cleaning Today! 916-431-2011

Dryer Vent Wizard of Sacramento professionally removes lint, debris, and clogs from dryer vents to ensure proper airflow through the venting system. Our high quality dryer vent cleaning services protect your home from a dangerous fire hazard while saving you time and money.

Dryer Vent Cleaning Benefits:
    •Save time – Clean dryer vents allow air and moisture to properly escape, decreasing the time it takes to dry a load of laundry.
    •Save money – A clean vent allows your clothes dryer to work efficiently, which results in decreased drying time and saves on dryer utility costs. As an additional bonus your clothing will spend less time tumbling, meaning decreased wear and tear, so they will last longer, saving you additional money.
    •Improve fire safety – Each year there are over 15,500 dryer vent fires in the U.S. alone; removing trapped lint and debris greatly reduces the chance of a dryer fire.
    •Decrease health risks – Removing debris, including rodent and bird nests, from vents decreases the occurrence of molds, fungi, bacteria, and viruses that can cause a variety of health problems.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1858[/ATTACH]

Dryer Vent Cleaning Services:
    Dryer Vent Wizard of Sacramento’s dryer vent cleaning services include a complete diagnostic inspection, which will determine dryer vent efficiency and safety. We will identify if your vent needs to be cleaned, whether your vent is properly routed, if the proper ducting materials were used, and whether a booster fan is needed.

Once we have completed the inspection, we utilize our professional systems to remove all lint buildup, clogs, and obstructions, including bird and rodent nests, from the entire run of the vent and booster fan, not just the entry and termination points. When necessary, we can properly route your system to prevent future problems and replace substandard ductwork that creates a safety hazard.

We are the experts for professional Sacramento, California dryer vent cleaning. With a clean dryer vent you can save time and money while preventing a dryer fire. Give us a call at (916) 431-2011 to get the lint out with Dryer Vent Wizard of Sacramento.

“Like” us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dryerventwizardsac

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

While I agree that cleaning your dryer vent is important, can you please point me to where you get the statement “over 15,500 dryer vent fires every year?” Thanks.

JenBee
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

@loonyman 106931 wrote:

While I agree that cleaning your dryer vent is important, can you please point me to where you get the statement “over 15,500 dryer vent fires every year?” Thanks.

Hi, that particular statement is actually a well-used statement/statistic that is used by many industry related websites, publications and reports as well as media reports. The original source of that statistical information I believe came from a report titled: “Clothes Dryer Project: Report on Electric and Gas Clothes Dryers” that was produced by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in 1999. On page 11 of the PDF report (report link provided below), the information provided is likely where that particular statement was derived from and the probable source for many other reports that have become sources for other publications and reports through the years which can possibly be the reason why it is still used and quoted today (even though it is old and out-dated).
    Report Link: https://www.cpsc.gov/PageFiles/95930/clothes.pdf

PS. – I did not know how old that statement/statistic actual was until now =( and so I am trying to look for an updated stat. In the meantime, here is the most recent data I could find at this time. It is from a report that was issued in September 2012 by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and it states (pls note: not a direct quote) that in 2010, an estimated 16,800 reported home structure fires involved clothes dryers or washing machines (and combo washer/dryers). http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/Files/Research/Fact%20sheets/DryerFactSheet.pdf

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

Thank you. I asked because I’m always sceptical of claims made in advertising, especially when it relates to safety. I am also curious as to how many of those fires are actuallly attributed to dirty dryer vents as opposed to other causes (Electrical malfunction, etc). Obviously lumping washing machines into that category eliminates dirty dryer vents as a cause in some of those fires.

JenBee
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

@loonyman 107017 wrote:

Thank you. I asked because I’m always sceptical of claims made in advertising, especially when it relates to safety. I am also curious as to how many of those fires are actuallly attributed to dirty dryer vents as opposed to other causes (Electrical malfunction, etc). Obviously lumping washing machines into that category eliminates dirty dryer vents as a cause in some of those fires.

Hi again. You are right and this report, “Home Fires Involving Clothes Dryers or Washing Machines” (Sept. 2012) from the NFPA website has the answers to your questions. http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/Files/Research/NFPA%20reports/Appliances%20and%20equipment/oswashersdryers.pdf On page 6 of the PDF report, there is a statistical comparison for the different causes of the fires for each appliance. It states for dryers, it is usually something being dried or a byproduct of such an item, like fiber or lint, while for washers, the first item ignited was usually part of the appliance itself like wire or cable insulation.

Also page 10 of the PDF, there is a good comparison table as well.

===
    FYI –
    Another good reason to call Dryer Vent Wizard is for us to inspect your appliances and make sure they are properly installed and all the parts are in good working condition and up to code and compliant with the latest safety regulations.

Please call us today. 916-431-2011

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.