fbpx

EGPD arrests 5 in pot growing operation

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  leowm 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Yesterday the Elk Grove Police Department arrested 5 people in marijuana growing operation.

0900 hours
    16-004189
    HS 11359, 11358, PC 182(A)(1)
    5700 block of Coaldale Ct.
    ZHOU, SHAN (AMA, 39, ARRESTED)
    CHEN, XIU (AFA, 40, ARRESTED)
    ZHOU, ZHI (AMA, 65, ARRESTED) Sacramento Resident WEI, PAN (AMA, 34, ARRESTED) Sacramento Resident LI, JUN (AFA, 34, ARRESTED) Sacramento Resident
    Detectives served a search warrant at five different locations (Elk Grove and Sacramento) related to a criminal conspiracy involving an active indoor marijuana growing operation. Detectives arrested five suspects and seized over 1,000 marijuana plants along with approximately one pound of processed marijuana. The five suspects were processed at EGPD then transported to the main jail. ________________________________________________________________________________________

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2324[/ATTACH]

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Worth it?

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

@adiffer 126439 wrote:

Worth it?

always!
    … of course, it is up until the law catches up :p

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Heh. I was asking if it is worth it to us for the law to catch them.

The police are doing what we require of them, so I have no beef there.
    I’m asking of we all think we should be requiring this of them.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Yes, people don’t want drug houses around them. There are numerous well documented health problems in houses used to grow drugs, as well as obvious crime related problems (such as the shoot out that occurred at a home near FHS last year). If you are going to grow pot it should be in an area with the appropriate security, safety, ventilation, etc. Not in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 126507 wrote:

Yes, people don’t want drug houses around them. There are numerous well documented health problems in houses used to grow drugs, as well as obvious crime related problems (such as the shoot out that occurred at a home near FHS last year). If you are going to grow pot it should be in an area with the appropriate security, safety, ventilation, etc. Not in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

And not in a house that you’re renting. That’s going to require repairs which have to be disclosed when you sell the house. Even when pot eventually becomes legal, growing it like this in a house will not be legal.

leowm
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 20

Most times, these drug houses are part of a much bigger operation. I’m sure a lot of us remember years ago these arrests taking place weekly. They were tied to a group in San Francisco and a real estate agent. Don’t remember all the details but it was a pretty big deal.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@newmom 126507 wrote:

Fair enough. As long as pot prices are high and growing the stuff like this illegal, crime will follow and neighbors will want to avoid this.

I’m more inclined to change the rules, though. Treat these places as illegally operating businesses instead of as criminal operations and they might be less of a crime magnet. As for health issues related to pot houses, the only one I know to be well documented comes from the risk of flying lead. If the operation expands to other drugs, however, there are certainly a number of harmful risks. I don’t believe the criminal law is the way to deal with this, though.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

There are many issues with mold taking over homes because of the water and humidity needed to grow the plants. They aren’t meant to be grown in doors.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy