EGUSD Superintendent urges support for $9 billion State Bond in November

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  newmom 2 years ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

In an Op-Ed piece in the Elk Grove Citizen, Elk Grove Unified School District Superintendent Christopher Hoffman urged voters to approve a $9 million State Bond this November. He cited the need to build 52 new schools and renovate 60 others. He said the district needs $1.7 billion to pay for these projects. He said it has been nearly 10 years since the last school bond was passed.

Will you support the school bond measure? I think it will have a harder passing than in the past. Voters are tired of tax increases.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Not that there is anything we can do about it, but I believe EGUSD has gotten way too large. It covers to large an area.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I agree. I think they should let Rancho Cordova take all the schools in the Sunrise area. Of course they won’t because they want all that money.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Folsom Cordova doesn’t want them. They got stuck with Anatolia at first, but gladly gave it to EGUSD. The district doesn’t want to grow so much it can’t be administrated without lots of layers and the joke there give it to EGUSD, they’ll take anything to get bigger. Keep going like this and the district will be like a small LAUSD, totally out of control with layers upon layers of administration. The bonds they are selling are not general obligation bonds, so your tax bill would not likely increase, although the term of the existing bonds may be extended.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.