fbpx
Advertisements

Elk Grove Unified School District Job Fair, March 20-21

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wildoates 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

[IMG]https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10989208_10153084900342978_5308489378172678414_n.jpg?oh=1df91bee3d5db17538067092c2dbaead&oe=558C4FC4[/IMG]

EGUSD will hold a two-day recruitment fair on Friday, March 20 (classified, non-teaching, support positions) from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 21 (certificated, teaching positions) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Robert L. Trigg Education Center in the Board Room.

The recruitment fairs feature two opportunities to meet with EGUSD Superintendent Christopher Hoffman (5:30 p.m. – Friday and 9 a.m. – Saturday), interviews facilitated by District administrators, opportunities for fingerprinting for classified positions and certificated substitutes, and expert assistance and support with applications will be offered.

Currently, the District is recruiting to fill positions in the following areas:

• All teaching positions
    • Special education teachers (including teaching, clinical or rehabilitation services, speech/language pathology)
    • World language teachers (Spanish, Japanese, French)
    • Math teachers
    • Physical science teachers
    • Substitute teachers
    • Nurses
    • Bus Drivers
    • Paraeducators
    • Food service workers

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

My broken record response:

The three best jobs in California are education, police and fire. You don’t get rich with any of them, but you get a good salary, great benefits, and you’re definitely in true public service. Annual earnings from $150K-$200K are possible with all three for senior employees.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I have one going into special ed and the other speech pathology

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@scarlet 107152 wrote:

I have one going into special ed and the other speech pathology

I don’t know the speech pathology field, but a special ed teacher fresh out of school will have multiple offers. You can see the EGUSD wants list–the teacher shortage is just starting and it’s going to get critical over the next five years with the boomers retiring en masse.

One drawback to any of these professions is that if you relocate out of state, you’ll likely see a huge salary decrease, far greater than the lower cost of living offset. The public employee unions have really done a job on the Golden State.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Speech Pathology is in huge demand. She did her research before she chose her major, I think she also spoke to our new Superintendent about her field

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

There are a lot of teachers my age who wil be retiring in the next decade, and they have to replace us with someone!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We had a private speech pathologist for both our kids because of a poor experience with our oldest. She had a problem articulating her hard /r/ in the middle of a word. It was very hard to get her assessed at school, then she was only seen for therapy 3 times the entire year despite that letter that notified me she was supposed to be seen once a week. I only requested she not be pulled out of class during math time, and, of course, 2 of her 3 sessions were during math. There was only the 1 therapist at school and so many kids qualifying for therapy, esp. since kids become eligible for therapy long before they actually start school. They really needed more therapists at school. Plus, therapy was 20 minutes and in a group of several kids. We found a private therapist who used to work for the district and it she was great. Came to the house, worked one-on-one, and in something like 5 sessions my daughter’s speech was perfect. When my son’s lisp wasn’t going away with age we contacted the same therapist. So, Scarlet, your child can also make a lot of money doing private lessons after the school day!!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@wildoates 107156 wrote:

There are a lot of teachers my age who wil be retiring in the next decade, and they have to replace us with someone!

Hopefully younger people! 🙂

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Newmom, when she did her research that is why she chose that field, hospitals, schools and private – part-time, full-time and creating her own schedule if she goes private once she has a family

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Smart girl!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.