Forwarded Here from Elk Grove Laguna Forums

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Salleez_1 357 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Been away for awhile. Is this the new site for Elk Grove Laguna Forums?

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

yup.
    but, activity here has dropped significantly. You might as well go to FB and follow EGL from there – it looks like that’s the direction things are going.

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Not a Facebook member not do I ever think I’ll become one….

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

This is where Elk Grove Laguna Forum went to die….

Elk Grove Laguna Forums
    Keymaster
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 12

I had to make a decision on what was best for the future of the site and for myself and family. Getting people to sign up and participate was impossible. We would be lucky to get 50 people to comment in a day. In order to do what I want to do and be able to justify the time spect on EGLF, I needed to make some changes. Focus more on local news and social media. This allows me to better achieve my goals when I first started this 7 years ago. To be able to suooort my family, help the community and small businesses. The shift to social media has allowed me to do that.

EGLF on Facebook has over 24,000 followers. It’s the most followed page in Elk Grove. It’s the first place people go for news. We are helping keep the community informed and bringing the community together. I’ve been able to help many local businesses. We are working with over 100 now. I can help local community groups and non profits.

It’s now a full time job. One that I truly enjoy and love. It’s allowing me to give back to the community. I raised enough money to fund two $1000 scholarships from donations and funding a third.

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

Doc,
    I appreciate what you are doing, but think you should just kill the forum with a link to your Facebook page. It looks bad to have this dead forum IMHO.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  egdad.

Salleez_1 357
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

I miss the forums and comments,
    I started the one “FREE FOOD FOR HONELESS PEOPLE”
    Channel 13 Jones Ron did a story on yaco smell.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.