fbpx
Advertisements

Franklin High School – Potential Threat for 1/29/16

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bainc 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Potential threat
    Reply Reply All
    To: Chantelle Albiani
    CC:
    Date: 1/28/16 8:42 PM
    Subject: Potential threat
    Dear Parents,
    The purpose of this letter is to inform you of a potential threat to Franklin High School. It was reported to by a student to a teacher that another student had allegedly posted a threat to a Twitter account. The threat advised students to not come to school tomorrow and showed a picture of an individual with a ski mask and a weapon. Upon receiving this information, I reported it immediately to our District’s Police Services department, who is actively investigating. Since the time of the original report, other students and parents have reported this situation to me, other teachers, and to law enforcement. Again I want to assure you that law enforcement is taking this very seriously. I will update you as I receive more information.
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Chantelle Albiani
    Principal

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Enough of this bs. Seriously.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Good times. The punk should expelled, and arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sick of this crap. Whatever the penalties are, they need to make them tougher for people who make threats on a school.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I agree. Time to stop making this crap acceptable. Fine the parents. Make them responsible for their kids.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

It’s been a really tough week. Armed robbery of a Toby student yesterday, lock down of the 4 schools today with cars shooting at each other, and now this

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Posted on twitter. Should not be hard to figure out. Run IP unless they’re smart enough to ping it off of someone else’s IP…. Kids don’t think these days….

I don’t know what is going on with that area of EG, but makes me glad I left that area….. Earlier today that same threat was given to a school outside of California but still what is wrong with people.

I blame social media :stir:

Continue to let Elk Grove get bigger…. More people will be moving in and more will be moving out to Folsom/EDH/Rocklin/Roseville…. granted crime is everywhere, but Elk Grove has been getting a ton of attention the past 2-3 weeks. I used to be proud to say I live in Elk Grove, now, not so much….

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Glad I live on the east side. We have crappy drivers, but not this type of stuff.

I posted the letter on Facebook and a lot of parents are not sending their kids to school tomorrow because of it. Too much stuff this week as Scarlet said.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I am doing a poll asking if people feel safe in Elk Grove. 57% so far say no. 28% say yes and 15% are not sure.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

If it was my kids school, they’d stay home. What would you do?

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Update from Franklin principal…
    Threat is not credible
    Reply Reply All
    To: Carlos Castillo, Hillary Harrell, John Harrigan, Mohammed Warrad, Chantelle Albiani
    CC:
    Date: 1/28/16 10:15 PM
    Subject: Threat is not credible
    January 28, 2016
    Dear Parents,
    The purpose of this letter is to update you on the potential threat that had been posted online. We take all threats seriously and work with law enforcement to assess and investigate any and all threats.
    This evening, officers immediately assessed, investigated and identified the student. The threat was confirmed to be not credible. Police services and the district will follow through with all applicable actions. The person making the threat was identified with the help of the Franklin High School community and was contacted by officers who investigated the situation.
    I want to thank you, our students and staff for their vigilance in reporting the threat and thank you for your support. I also want to confirm that school will be in session tomorrow.
    The safety of our students and staff is a top priority at our school. Students are encouraged to do the following: “If you SEE SOMETHING or KNOW SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.” If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school (916) 714-8150.
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Chantelle Albiani, Principal

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

I am absolutely sending my child, a Toby Johnson student, to school, and would be if he were a Franklin student as well. His education is worth too much to miss a day for some kid who is just seeking attention or attempting to feed off of people’s heightened fears, in order to perpetuate a three day weekend for himself.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I am sending my Toby child today. Before the letter even came out informing parents that the school was aware of the thread, the police were already at the student’s house. They responded very quickly to the situation. I believe the school that the police investigated it. I’m sure that student will not be at school today.
    The events after school today are much more troubling to me. My daughter had already sent me a text telling me she was on her way home when everything happened. I replied by reminding her to put her phone away and and be aware of her surroundings because of the hold up the day before (which I’m still hoping turns out to not be true). A few minutes later I got a call from a friend who was stuck on Whitelock in the traffic mess and who watched the police swarm a car pull their guns on people. I could hear all the sirens but didn’t know what had happened. I figured my daughter was already almost home though, but it turns out the crossing guards had held all the kids from crossing Whitelock because of the police cars. This was for over 10 minutes, and the kids were told that if they weren’t able to cross soon, the kids would be sent back to school on lock down. The kids were then allowed to cross and were send into the community, even though by now the helicopter was out and police were looking in the area for suspects. School was the only place police were not looking for suspects, so the kids should have been sent back there, not set loose in the area the police were searching. Anyway, my daughter then texted me to say she was going to be late because they weren’t allowed to cross because of the police cars, and when I told her to go back to school or into the library she told me she had already crossed the bridge and was walking home. That was a long walk home that day.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Mayor Davis is holding a community meeting on February 11 at 6pm at Sinful Treats. I hope that maybe parents can get together and maybe try to have someone out there when kids are getting out of school to have a visible presence. My wife and I discussed this last night, after the last couple of days, if we lived in that area and if one of us was home, we would either be out there or pick up our kids from school.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

There are tons of parents -mostly in cars though-when those schools get out. That’s why I’m hoping the hold up turns out to not be a real event, because even at 3:15 there are so many cars and still tons of kids.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

The hold up not being true? I’m trying to understand. I think it’s true, because supposedly someone tried to assist and the suspects revealed the gun and the person backed off.

this is why I’m getting my CCW…

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@birdofparadise 123632 wrote:

I am absolutely sending my child, a Toby Johnson student, to school, and would be if he were a Franklin student as well. His education is worth too much to miss a day for some kid who is just seeking attention or attempting to feed off of people’s heightened fears, in order to perpetuate a three day weekend for himself.

I wouldn’t, people are too crazy these days. If a threat went out and was not resolved by the police, my kids would not be put in danger, missing a days worth of school or not.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Word is that the student was arrested last night for making the threats (which might be rumor). Regardless, students did the right thing and reported it to adults who notified police. Again, police were informed and went to the kid’s house hours before anything even hit the press or was widely talked about. Even before people started panicking the situation was handled.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

My 18 year kids get to make the decision for themselves if they want to go to school today. 2 of them went to school. They need to make the choice because next year they won’t be with me. Yesterday was a disaster. New mom and I were standing in the front of her house. I couldn’t stand it after awhile. I ran to the school ,good thing I have been running every night on the treadmill. Why did they release all the kids in the first place. My kid said it was panic zone. kids were running every direction. Then the school pulled them all back in. 3 text from my 3 kids almost at the same time. (Im scared, Im hiding under a table, I’m hiding in the van, ……) it was terrible,

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

If a person was actually going to do something they wouldn’t warn people. They would just do it. Today might be the safest day for kids to go to school. This brings up another issue which is kids and social media.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

My daughter who stayed home has a major foot injury. I do not feel worried about my other 2 being at school today.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My daughter has major anxiety and is usually easily scared of things but she had no concerns about going to school today either so that’s another reason we had her go.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@EGL Admin 123628 wrote:

I am doing a poll asking if people feel safe in Elk Grove. 57% so far say no. 28% say yes and 15% are not sure.

57% don’t feel safe in Elk Grove? Where are they living and whats going on in their neighborhoods? Have the incidents of the last week altered their opinions that much? I just can’t imagine that over half don’t feel safe.

I have been upset and shocked at some incidents in elk grove and my neighborhood. But I have never thought “I don’t feel safe” in EG.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@kindrlindr 123629 wrote:

If it was my kids school, they’d stay home. What would you do?

I would send my kids.. Especially since they investigated the incident and its not credible.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I think the question should be rephrased.

IF they didn’t catch who did it, would you send your kids to school?

I think with what’s been going on people are getting scared. BUT, most of these incidents were not random. (The 14 year old may have been)

The drug deal gone bad, they talked on the phone, they decided to meet up to sale/buy weed.

The incident at the AM/PM last week on EG Blvd and I-5 had something to do with Sac PD and EGPD was assisting.

The 14 year old boy (well that was probably not random, just wrong place wrong time I guess)

Yesterday (they said the shooting on Tittle, may have been connected with those guys) (I haven’t heard what actually happened on Tittle, besides gun shots I don’t know if they were breaking into a home, or it was someone’s house that they knew.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

@EGL Admin 123651 wrote:

If a person was actually going to do something they wouldn’t warn people. They would just do it. Today might be the safest day for kids to go to school. This brings up another issue which is kids and social media.

^^^This

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Here is the report from EGPD. Sounds like some known gang members were spotted in front of the house of another less than upstanding person, and things went from there-

Time: 1449 hours
    Report #: 16-000694
    Charges: PC 29800(A), 186.22(A), 3056, 273A(A), HS
    Suspect #1: PAK, CHRIS (AMA, 25, ARRESTED)
    Suspect #2: OLIVER, MARK (BMA, 25, ARRESTED)
    Suspect #3: CLAYPOOL, BRANDON (BMA, 27, ARRESTED)
    Suspect #4: WILLIAMS, SHANIECE (BFA, 23, ARRESTED)
    Officers responded to a call of shots fired in the
    area of Atkins Dr. and Whitelock Pkwy. As officers
    were
    responding to the location, another call came into
    dispatch regarding a vehicle collision at the same
    location.
    The caller indicated that a black Mercedes had coll
    ided with a business, and that the occupants had fl
    ed on foot.
    An additional call regarding a shooting in the 1000
    0 block of Tittle Way also came into dispatch. Resp
    onding
    officers contacted S-1 (Elk Grove resident) at the
    Tittle Way location, while additional officers bega
    n searching
    for the occupants of the Mercedes who had fled on f
    oot. Several local school were placed in lockdown w
    hile
    officers began searching the area. With the assista
    nce of several witnesses, officers located S-2 and
    S-3 (Elk
    Grove residents) inside a vehicle that was being dr
    iven by S-4 (Sacramento resident). Officers conduct
    ed a
    vehicle stop and detained the occupants. Officers l
    ocated a handgun inside the vehicle underneath an i
    nfant
    who was in a car seat. Officer determined that S-2
    and S-3 had been occupants in the black Mercedes th
    at had
    been abandoned.
    During the investigation, officers determined that
    S-1 drove home after S-2 and S-3 (validated gang me
    mbers)
    were observed on remote security surveillance monit
    ors in front of his residence. When S-1 arrived in
    his vehicle
    (white Acura), the suspects were inside a black Mer
    cedes. A confrontation occurred while all the invol
    ved parties
    were still in their vehicles. During this confronta
    tion, shots were fired. Two possibly three vehicles
    fled the location
    and eventually arrived at the intersection of Atkin
    s Dr. and Whitelock Pkwy. where at least one additi
    onal shot
    was fired. The Mercedes accelerated through the int
    ersection at a high rate of speed and collided into
    a business.
    When S-1 was detained at the Tittle Way location, a
    blue Mercedes was located at the scene with a bull
    et hole
    through the driver’s side door. The black Mercedes
    also had a bullet hole through the driver’s side pa
    ssenger
    door. Officers were unable to locate anyone who had
    been shot. A search warrant was obtained for S-1’s
    residence later that night. During the service of t
    he search warrant, officers located marijuana and i
    ndicia of
    sales. The four suspects were arrested and transpor
    ted to the main jail. At this point in the investig
    ation, officers
    have determined that this was not a random incident
    and the investigation is ongoing.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Elk Grove residents.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Thanks Newmom for the update.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Actually Doc pointed me to it so thank him.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@gearshark23 123665 wrote:

Elk Grove residents.

So much for South Sac huh? Can’t use that excuse anymore.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

So after reading the article about yesterday. Then Doc having his poll. I’m going to post it here.

EGPD has informed us that these are not random acts. Here is my take.

I’ve lived in Elk Grove for 16 years now. Something like that, anyway, I’ve lived in all 3 zip codes. It’s not that I don’t feel safe, I’m just more cautious of what I do. Granted I believe it makes a difference on where you live in Elk Grove. The newer areas such as East Franklin have. Most of those houses were built in 2004+ when the market was high, then the crash happened, people foreclosed, did short sales, etc which allowed people to move in and either make that their primary residence or rented out for cheap. Yes, I will be moving in the next 3-4 years (payoff the house some and get a couple raises under my belt)

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@EGL Admin 123671 wrote:

So much for South Sac huh? Can’t use that excuse anymore.

I was trying to make Elk Grove look good, but I can’t. 🙁

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

@EGL Admin 123628 wrote:

Wow. Those are surprising numbers. Just about 1 of 2 people I would bump into in EG would feel paranoid or unsafe 🙁 – not a good sign.
    I personally feel “safe”. That is, I don’t have the continuous feeling that I’m going to be assaulted or anything. I also don’t want to make it sound like EG is the safest place in the state. I certainly walk with my guard up, but that’s everywhere, even when I’m shopping at Safeway or wherever.
    I wonder if those that selected “No”, answered as such due to the recent violent activities (and threatened violence), or if they generally feel EG is not safe.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’m sure recent events have scared more people. My guess is a month ago it would have been less than 50%.

Gear, I think by saying they weren’t random acts, that is actually a good thing. I think 3 of the recent incidents involved drugs or something else. Yesterday was bad guys shooting at each other. What sucks is they are that brazen to be shooting at each other and driving like that. They could have very easily killed someone at the restaurant or on the streets. We need to crack down more on the drug crimes. Drugs are not a victimless crime contrary to what pro pot people want us to think.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Go Pro Pot People.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Innocent until proven guilty, Please keep that in mind with the face they put up on E.G for the terrorist threat. All may not be as they appear. My girls vouch that guy is a good guy.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

“If a person was actually going to do something they wouldn’t warn people. They would just do it”

EGL….You would think this is true, but its not always. Just a few months ago, I read that the Oregon community college shooter posted a warning on some social media or gaming site (the day before) telling people to not go to school. Thats what sounded really familiar about this 16 year old’s post. NOT COOL!!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@violarose 123680 wrote:

Innocent until proven guilty, Please keep that in mind with the face they put up on E.G for the terrorist threat. All may not be as they appear. My girls vouch that guy is a good guy.

That’s what people have been saying, that it was a joke or whatever. Unfortunately, this is like saying bomb in an airport, it’s going to be dealt with harshly. Which brings up my other point, which kids and social media. I don’t understand why parents let their kids get involved with social media at such a young age. Our kids are 14 and almost 12. They community with friends via texting or skyping, but they don’t have Facebook or Twitter and I don’t know that we will let them get that before they turn 18. They aren’t missing anything and a lot of what kids are posting is garbage. I remember when my nephew was 14 and he got a FB account. All he was posting was stuff that was inappropriate for his age and flirting with girls. No surprise since he was having sex at 15. I know the day is coming, but I am thankful that our 14 year old has no interest yet in girls.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@kindrlindr 123683 wrote:

“If a person was actually going to do something they wouldn’t warn people. They would just do it”

EGL….You would think this is true, but its not always. Just a few months ago, I read that the Oregon community college shooter posted a warning on some social media or gaming site (the day before) telling people to not go to school. Thats what sounded really familiar about this 16 year old’s post. NOT COOL!!

I don’t recall reading that. Anyway, the police had already arrested the kid from Franklin, so there was no reason not to go to school.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

If you are going to post that picture of yourself with the comment not to go to school, you deserve to be arrested and face the consequences and I have no sympathy for you. Unless someone else posted the picture of him and made the post thinking it would be funny, which is a different story. I’m sure it will come out if that happened.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 123707 wrote:

If you are going to post that picture of yourself with the comment not to go to school, you deserve to be arrested and face the consequences and I have no sympathy for you. Unless someone else posted the picture of him and made the post thinking it would be funny, which is a different story. I’m sure it will come out if that happened.

Yep. It’s one of those things that you can’t just pass off as being a joke or it was a good kid. It caused a lot of anxiety in the community and it took police resources away from other things.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.