fbpx
Advertisements

Franklin High teen allegedly gang raped at Morse Park last Sunday

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MrsKaysSweetTreats 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Very disturbing story obviously. What the hell are the parents thinking? Why is any teen out at 3 am? Why is a 14 year old girl out at 3 am. That’s just stupid parents and this lies at their feet.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/crime/maps/2014/03/14/alleged-elk-grove-sexual-assault-victim-claims-she-was-threatened-online/6419527/

ELK GROVE – The alleged victim of a gang rape in Elk Grove last weekend says she has been getting all sorts of threats on social media sites.

The 14-year-old teen says some of the disturbing threats were from her attackers. Many of the tweets were deleted and some of the accounts were made private. But, the teen’s family said they grabbed some screen shots of the inflammatory messages.

“The guys are threatening me and people I care about,” the victim said.

The victim said the messages have scared her, but she says she’s not going to let them keep her from working with police to find her alleged attackers.

The teen said one message she heard was posted on Twitter said, “I’m going to f-in kill that bβ€””

Other tweets allegedly included:

“Sealed lips get you farther in life. Talking gets you killed.”

“Some people need to own up to their mistakes and take some of the groundings and poudings. Quit lying on the bros.”

“We comin for your sister n—-” followed by a gun sign.

“If they say my name, they get flamed- the arcenist”

“All y’ll females that were in the video I swear if my bro get locked up and y’all talking about their rapping y’all, I’m spazzing.”

Police said they are investigating the case and have confiscated cellphone video of the alleged sexual assault that happened around 3 a.m. at Morse Park on Sunday.

The victim’s mother heard the description of the video from a school vice principal who viewed the confiscated video. The mother says there were as many as nine suspects and as possibly one other female teen victim.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

I guess the upside would have to be the clear stupidity of those involved will likely help to catch them. Awful.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Yes, it is wrong to be out at 3am. HOWEVER, I will not blame a victim. This is insane. And she is getting all these threats? I would be terrified if I were her. I hope they catch the little shits who did this and lock them up!

MrsKaysSweetTreats
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 108
    • Total Posts - 128

I agree miss Linda!

pepsilvr
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 1,278
    • Total Posts - 1,383

Honestly I cant blame the parents or the girl. 3am is too late to be out in the park but we dont now the story behind how or why she was there and it is irrelevant. She didnt deserve to be gang raped if it happened and definitely not videotaped consenting or not to the sexual acts. I applaud the girl for coming forward that takes real courage not the shenanigans these perps are pulling by making threats anonymously

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I absolutely blame the parents. No teen should be out at 3 am. Know where your kids are. She should have been home in bed or if at a friends house home in bed or at least home. Maybe she snuck out. I don’t “blame” the victim because no one should ever be assaulted, but if we make bad choices then bad things can happen. To think otherwise is naive.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

Can’t imagine how you can use the word blame in this one Doc. Should she have been in Morse Park at that hour? Of course not. Blaming the parents is just like blaming the victim. In fact, in an extended way, they are victims too.

May I hope your daughter never makes a wrong decision because, of course, it would be your fault too, right?

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

The focus should be on the gang activity. You can bet that’s who it is. Which one we don’t know but the cops probably already do. Laying blame on anything related to the victim is wasteful and irrelevant.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

I didn’t read “gang” as that kind of gang in this story.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Look at the threats, how they are written. Wait and see. Betcha.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

There might be a lot more to the story then everyone is reading.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@steveb6509 94155 wrote:

Can’t imagine how you can use the word blame in this one Doc. Should she have been in Morse Park at that hour? Of course not. Blaming the parents is just like blaming the victim. In fact, in an extended way, they are victims too.

May I hope your daughter never makes a wrong decision because, of course, it would be your fault too, right?

Damn right it’s the parents fault unless the girl snuck out. Why is any 14 year old out at 3 am without adult supervision? That should never, ever happen. That’s not blaming the victim. No one deserved to be raped. If a woman walks alone at night downtown and gets raped she doesn’t deserve it, but we all know that’s how stuff like that happens. It’s naive to think a victim has no responsibility for putting themselves in that situation.

I don’t have daughters, but if my sons are 14 and at some park, hell yeah it’s my fault. They should be home. I’m glad I don’t have daughters to be honest.

I doubt it’s gang related as in an official organized gang. Might be some wannabe punks who want to act like they are gang members.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@scarlet 94160 wrote:

There might be a lot more to the story then everyone is reading.

There usually is, of course. We may never know the exact motivation, but what we do know is that there is an active and ongoing gang presence and recruitment at Franklin. The ethnicities of all parties, which we may never learn, can tell us a lot, especially if the victim’s is different from the attackers. This is a pretty common gang tactic–raping a girl that might be more closely allied with a rival group. I doubt it was simply a group of kids that were drunk or high. Too many were involved–at least allegedly involved. It’s all speculation at this point.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

LC, I think you must have misspoken. Everyone knows gang activity is not allowed at the good schools.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’m going to agree with Scarlet that there is a lot more to this story.

Some things that stick out for me:
    Is a victim of “gang rape” going to be talking to news people? I would think that person would be so traumatized that they wouldn’t be able to talk about it, let alone speak to reporters. Especially a 14 year old. How often do you see a news report where the victim is talking so soon? Probably never.

I doubt this is “gang related”. Franklin definitely has gangs and they may be gang members, doesn’t mean it’s a gang thing. This stuff has happened with football players before or fraternities. It’s a group thing. Doubt you can pin it on gangs specifically. I don’t think 8 gang members found a girl in the park and attacked her. Rape is still rape. Bet the victim knows the boys involved.

Doubt we will ever get the whole story as to what happened.

That area of 95757, between Franklin and Bruceville, south of EG Blvd is not an area I would want to live. Morse Park has had way too many problems. Ask an EGPD officer off the record and I would guess they would say that area is not very good. I know one in particular who moved from that area. When a cop moves out of an area it’s because they know something is up.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@lc 94162 wrote:

There usually is, of course. We may never know the exact motivation, but what we do know is that there is an active and ongoing gang presence and recruitment at Franklin. The ethnicities of all parties, which we may never learn, can tell us a lot, especially if the victim’s is different from the attackers. This is a pretty common gang tactic–raping a girl that might be more closely allied with a rival group. I doubt it was simply a group of kids that were drunk or high. Too many were involved–at least allegedly involved. It’s all speculation at this point.

I would be willing to bet your assumption is pretty much wrong. I doubt it’s a rival gang thing or even a gang thing. Was any of the sex consensual and was she possibly drugged will be some issues. Did she sneak out? Was it to meet up with boys? Lots of rumors the police and the school will be sorting out.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@EGL Admin 94165 wrote:

I would be willing to bet your assumption is pretty much wrong. I doubt it’s a rival gang thing or even a gang thing. Was any of the sex consensual and was she possibly drugged will be some issues. Did she sneak out? Was it to meet up with boys? Lots of rumors the police and the school will be sorting out.

Pretty safe bet because we’ll likely never know. Agree about 95757, but I’d go further east than Franklin. That little center on Whitelock has been plagued with problems since it opened. That area has more than it’s share of problems and I think a lot of them revolve around the park and the charter school.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Here’s another story. This would indicate that it probably wasn’t a gang specific deal.

Yet another, alleging she was drugged and drunk.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@lc 94166 wrote:

Pretty safe bet because we’ll likely never know. Agree about 95757, but I’d go further east than Franklin. That little center on Whitelock has been plagued with problems since it opened. That area has more than it’s share of problems and I think a lot of them revolve around the park and the charter school.

Bruceville is east of Franklin. πŸ™‚
    Pretty much that whole area is what I mean.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Her mom needs to take away her phone and hand it over to the police – so they can monitor the threats coming in. They also need to stay away from social media and get her the help she is going to need to heal.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

They need to let the police deal with this. Going to the media is a mistake at this point.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

Most of the trouble at that center on Whitelock comes from people who live in the Agave Apartments. I’d be happy to have a police substation there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.