fbpx

Harbor Freight

This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mitch 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

diyaner
    • Topics - 7
    • Replies - 65
    • Total Posts - 72

I noticed last night that Harbor Freight is moving in next door to Smart and Final. Happy to see another established business opening in that center.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Is it a store? If you know what they sell please post, I have never heard of it. Thanks in advance.

JessicaLozada
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 21

@ila 121048 wrote:

Is it a store? If you know what they sell please post, I have never heard of it. Thanks in advance.

Harbor freight has a lot of tools for various things (carpentry, mechanical, wood working, house type stuff!) Good store with good deals! 🙂

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@ila 121048 wrote:

Come on Ila, I posted it on here and on our FB page. 😉

I’ve been communicating with the store manager. They hope to open just before Christmas and have at the grand opening just after that.

dc327
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 121
    • Total Posts - 127

My husband is looking forward to the opening – his kind of “toy” store! I guess I’ll finally see what’s there. 🙂

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I’ll be visiting from time to time, I’m sure. Toys!

merlin309
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 13
    • Total Posts - 13

Can’t wait for it… One of my favorite toy stores 🙂

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

I’m just so grateful to see new business blooming in EG! I’m not a tools person, but I’m always willing to shop! I have friends that are really excited about this store and think it’s going to be a great addition. They’re glad they won’t have to travel out of EG, as they do now to shop there!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I’m glad it’s coming. Not the best quality of tools. Some are some are not. But I’m glad it’s coming.

Shneen
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 18

Be nice to have one closer to home.

Wandering.angel22
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 9

Love that store!

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Hey Doc, saw the name Harbor Freight and just kept right on going, hahaha, thought it was something completely different, but saw it again and decided to check it out this time, give me a break, Mariel is keeping me busy with Polar Express….

PhysAl
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 20

I do like HF, and now I can go to one without fearing for my car in the parking lot. Most of them are in some sketchy areas…..

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

It will be nice to have one close to home. One less reason to fight Highway 99.

kermit
    Participant
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 62
    • Total Posts - 82

I’m looking forward to having HF here in town. My hubby always has fun shopping for toys there and the prices are pretty good..

Salio1960
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 22

My husband is so excited! Open, open, open ��

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

I’ll have to tell Dr. Bubba, maybe he’ll find something good in there for his man cave!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I need to go buy something, but I’m just going to wait for the EG store to open. Too lazy to drive to Fruitridge.

SoundinSpirit
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 3
    • Total Posts - 3

WOW! So excited it is coming so fast! FINALLY a H.F. that is not in the GHETTO!!! Many are right.. hand tools, especially screwdrivers are less than quality. I have many tools from there and overall it is awesome!

jgregorio87
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

Better than having to drive to south sac iraq. Can’t wait for the grand opening deals

Mitch
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 14
    • Total Posts - 14

Very glad to see it going in…great warranties on pumps, etc!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Good large size 24″ bolt cutters are about $80. I get mine from Harbor Freight for about $15 on sale. They are good for about 10 cuts on case hardened locks. That’s two-three years worth for me. I throw them away, buy another pair. Love the place.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I think that’s what makes HF a good place for some people. Tools are cheaper and not life long tools, but if you don’t need them to last forever, you don’t need to spend a fortune on them.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

Ive seen the magazines but never been to the store. I’ll check it out when it opens

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I went years ago and bought a few things. As others have said, for most people these tools are fine. I look forward to checking it out.

ryball
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 25
    • Total Posts - 25

DANGER!!! 🙂 I love this place. Glad there is one in town. I need to go get a $25 floor jack and a $15 furniture dolly. hahahaha

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Anybody ever buy one of their wire welders? If you did.. was it any good?

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I’m thinking about one of those too. i think you have to go 220V to get enough oomph though.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Shouldn’t have too.. the Lincoln ones are 120v and pretty good for light to med duty stuff.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

can you weld 1/4″ steel with a 120V? That’s all I’d ever need. I’ve always borrowed a 220V so I am not sure.

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

@lc 121733 wrote:

Good large size 24″ bolt cutters are about $80. I get mine from Harbor Freight for about $15 on sale. They are good for about 10 cuts on case hardened locks. That’s two-three years worth for me. I throw them away, buy another pair. Love the place.

Now I know where to go for burglary tools:Tongue sticking out

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I was wrong, measured, and I only need to weld 1/8th”. I’m going to buy myself a Christmas present.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@lc 121798 wrote:

can you weld 1/4″ steel with a 120V? That’s all I’d ever need. I’ve always borrowed a 220V so I am not sure.

Should be able to with a wire welder

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

@soundinspirit 121727 wrote:

WOW! So excited it is coming so fast! FINALLY a H.F. that is not in the GHETTO!!!

Wait all H.F. stores are in the ghetto. What’s this say about EG? :stir:

Do they have an opening date yet? I love HF because I don’t use tools every day, more project specific.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@bainc 121864 wrote:

Wait all H.F. stores are in the ghetto. What’s this say about EG? :stir:

Do they have an opening date yet? I love HF because I don’t use tools every day, more project specific.

Doc posted it somewhere. Sometime next week or this week with the grand opening after Christmas.

The HF is Roseville is in a good area.

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

I’m very excited that a Harbor Freight is coming closer to home!
    Tools are certainly not intended for the professional contractors and such, but if you’re a light to moderate duty DIY’er like myself. The things they sell are also good for those “I just need it this one time to make something work” moments , and most of the time on the cheap.

Of the top of my head, I’ve bought a heat gun, 4.5in grinder, light duty sawzall (sawzsome?), battery powered drill, clamps, wood chisels, ball peened hammer set .. And some other stuff that comes in handy every so often.

Plus! Don’t forget the free tape measure, mini LED flashlight, screw driver set, or scissors. Coupon needed, but not hard to find in the monthly money maker attach of coupons or in newspapers. Also the 20%-off-1-item coupons to make it that much more sweeter.
    Check it out.

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

@gearshark23 121869 wrote:

Doc posted it somewhere. Sometime next week or this week with the grand opening after Christmas.

The HF is Roseville is in a good area.

Hear hear, I was also going to mention the Roseville location. I hope this HFT gets sufficient sales to make it stay.
    Honestly, I get the impression that in a “higher” end area, folks that may need or want tools will go buy quality stuff rather than waste time with the cheap stuff. But that’s my opinion.
    Though I’m noticing more items offer free “lifetime” warranties, if that means anything.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I hope it stays too. I mean look at Osh, no one really goes there. They go to HD or Lowes, and it’s still open.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Let’s face it, people who buy tools like EGdonald described are largely blue collar. Maybe lots of us aren’t, but the majority are. I’m sure HF knows their market pretty well. Just look around when in the stores. It’s not a meetup place for EVPs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy