fbpx
Advertisements

Has anyone here ever put a light float in the Light Parade?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  plasmadrive 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I am thinking about entering, though the link is not active yet and no one has answered my emails about it.

I have never done it before and I have some very cool ideas about what I can do :wink2: and I was looking for some input from those with experience at this event.

Thanks,

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

You mean the one the Saturday after Thanksgiving that goes through Old Town? Probably check with the CSD maybe ? I think they and the city coordinate it. Can’t imagine there are too many rules.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@EGL Admin 95498 wrote:

You mean the one the Saturday after Thanksgiving that goes through Old Town? Probably check with the CSD maybe ? I think they and the city coordinate it. Can’t imagine there are too many rules.

It happens around the Dickens Faire I think. Is that the one you are talking about? I haven’t seen it since the very first year long long ago.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

no it’s not the city that coordinates it – I was emailing with Lynden his email address is: skyking@elkgrove.net We usually have about 400 girls in the parade, haven’t had a float before. I think it’s probably to early for him to even be thinking about the parade.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@scarlet 95503 wrote:

no it’s not the city that coordinates it – I was emailing with Lynden his email address is: skyking@elkgrove.net We usually have about 400 girls in the parade, haven’t had a float before. I think it’s probably to early for him to even be thinking about the parade.

Yes, that is the email address the city gave me. I emailed him twice in the last few months but never got a reply. It is early for him to think about it, but getting late for anybody new to get something somewhat complicated together.

I have an idea that would spark it up a bit! :biggrin: 😮 :sarcastic

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I know we could also drop off the forms somewhere on Dino, I’ll try and see if I can find the address some where or a phone number. He is also in charge of the EG Fireworks – so I’m sure he is into “sparks”

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

here is the address, 9864 Dino Dr. Suite 4, Elk Grove, CA. 95624 – but I don’t think he is there on a regular basis. Found his number I believe it’s his home number, I’ll send to you in a pm

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Thank you Scarlet. Got the PM.. I will see if I can reach him at his office first.. Thanks again. I am hoping this works out.. could be fun!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I edited the song I want to use.. now lets see what happens! LOL

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Oh wow!! After seeing your lights on your home, We would totally go to the parade JUST to see your float. 🙂

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 95536 wrote:

Oh wow!! After seeing your lights on your home, We would totally go to the parade JUST to see your float. 🙂

Aahhh….. thank you! :thanks: :bowdown:

I hate to admit it but I have an addiction… Lightshows that get people into the moment has been my drug of choice since Jr. High. I so am Jonesing for another fix! 👿

I don’t get to indulge that much these days.. but when I do, I wanna have some serious fun! :thumb

I hope Mr. King will allow me the latitude I would need for this one.. Could be so fun!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.