fbpx

How about a new party?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SteveB6509 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

#NoneOfTheAbove

I guess it took me until today to be utterly disgusted all around.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

If only that was an option. In California it’s a moot point since Clinton will win here. So we can all vote our conscience and know it won’t matter.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Come join the Libertarians and protect us from the zealots among them. 8)

Seriously, though, if one wants to make a statement knowing the state will vote for Clinton, vote for a third party candidate. Maybe we will get an earthquake. Maybe not. It will work more visibly to demonstrate one’s disgust, though.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

The most recent polls show Clinton’s lead shrinking to close to the MOE in California. Clinton is no longer a sure thing in the Golden State, even with the billionehhhhrs

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

A third part is fine but the problem is, the Democratic and Republican parties have entrenched advantages in our political system. Thus, the big battle is “who gets to keep the entrenched party and who has to leave and form a new party?” Because of this, I highly doubt any new party will form in the next few decades.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

In CA, there used to be an entrenched advantage when it came time to redraw districts. Collusion occurred.
    We took that away in two distinct ways including the drawing of them and who gets onto which ballots.

There is no advantage to the voter to be pwned by one of the entrenched parties. At best, you get the illusion of influence until you work hard enough to be an insider. Dispense with the illusion and you aren’t any worse off.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Bernie Sanders, to my knowledge, has never been a Democrat, or at least not recently. When asked why he’s running as a Democrat, he answered to get press coverage, because as an independent or small 3rd party candidate he would get next to none, thus no traction. Third parties are a dream for now, not a reality of any force in the arena.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

…and they will remain so while those dissatisfied with their Party do nothing to support another.

I left mine and feel no pain.
    I even showed up at events for the one I joined and helped out a bit. It was kinda fun for awhile.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy