La Fuente

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gearshark23 1 year, 6 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #177915

    bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

    I just found out one of my favorite eateries, La Fuentes is closing. Anyone know why? We enjoyed going there as a family for several years.

  • #295369

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    Is this verified? 🙂

  • #295370

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    Cassidy’s is closing too.

  • #295377

    bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

    This another favorite of mine. Both have been family favorite places to eat.

  • #295380

    Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

    Bev, it’s all making sense now. She wasn’t too pleasant the last few times my kids went in there. They just thought she was having a bad day. She must not have been happy since they knew they were closing. Try El Jardin, they are really good. They are located in the Bel Air shopping center at Waterman and Elk Grove Blvd.

  • #295371

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    In haven’t eaten at Cassidy’s in a long time. Earlier this spring the daughter contacted me about marketing. I went in there and met with her and got them signed up. I asked them to send me some photos so I could make a video and they never did. I emailed them a few more times. Nothing. I did some marketing for them for a month and then I just gave up. From the comments on Facebook the food and service wasn’t very good either

  • #295382

    CJay916
    Participant
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    The Owners of Cassidies have been divorced for some time. The wife bought/took over Cassidies about 6 months ago. The husband now owns Barn Cafe on Grantline rd. Very similar menu along with BBQ options. If you liked Cassidies I suggest you try Barn Cafe.

  • #295379

    Curlzz01
    Member
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

    I remember back in the day when Cassidys first opened .. We ate there a few times.. The food was delicious and service was great.. We went to the new location about a year and half ago and it was awful.. Service was poor and food wasnt good at all.. I have also eaten at La Fuente numerous times over the years.. The food and service were always good.. Sorry to see these long time Elk Grove restaurants close..

  • #295385

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @curlzz01 128076 wrote:

    I remember back in the day when Cassidys first opened .. We ate there a few times.. The food was delicious and service was great.. We went to the new location about a year and half ago and it was awful.. Service was poor and food wasnt good at all.. I have also eaten at La Fuente numerous times over the years.. The food and service were always good.. Sorry to see these long time Elk Grove restaurants close..

    We had the same experience with Cassidy’s. Great for awhile… then not so much.

    We tried the Barn Cafe and the food was good but they charged me almost $5 for a large glass of milk. Haven’t been back since.

  • #295378

    bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

    @plasmadrive 128077 wrote:

    We had the same experience with Cassidy’s. Great for awhile… then not so much.

    We tried the Barn Cafe and the food was good but they charged me almost $5 for a large glass of milk. Haven’t been back since.

    😮

  • #295388

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    Cassidy’s was horrible the last time I went…

    Yes, try El Jardin it’s excellent and it’s well priced for the amount of food you get.

  • #295383

    CJay916
    Participant
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    @bevone 128064 wrote:

    I just found out one of my favorite eateries, La Fuentes is closing. Anyone know why? We enjoyed going there as a family for several years.

    I was at Bullwings yesterday and they said they are taking over La Fuente. They are going to extend the patio area across the road to La Fuente. They are putting down some artificial turf and have cornhole, tables, etc… Bullwings is going to sell tacos and have some other menu items there. No bar.

  • #295372

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @cjay916 128084 wrote:

    I was at Bullwings yesterday and they said they are taking over La Fuente. They are going to extend the patio area across the road to La Fuente. They are putting down some artificial turf and have cornhole, tables, etc… Bullwings is going to sell tacos and have some other menu items there. No bar.

    That’s a good idea. There’s a new restaurant that is opening or just opened there too.

  • #295373

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @plasmadrive 128077 wrote:

    We had the same experience with Cassidy’s. Great for awhile… then not so much.

    We tried the Barn Cafe and the food was good but they charged me almost $5 for a large glass of milk. Haven’t been back since.

    They got off to kind of a slow start. I think they had some problems with the staff and seemed to have fixed them. I have seen and heard mixed reviews. Some love it and some just think it’s okay. The restaurant business is tough. That’s one business I would never want a part of.

  • #295389

    gearshark23
    Member
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

    @cjay916 128084 wrote:

    I was at Bullwings yesterday and they said they are taking over La Fuente. They are going to extend the patio area across the road to La Fuente. They are putting down some artificial turf and have cornhole, tables, etc… Bullwings is going to sell tacos and have some other menu items there. No bar.

    Hmmmm, that’s going to be interesting.

  • #295384

    CJay916
    Participant
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

    @gearshark23 128092 wrote:

    Hmmmm, that’s going to be interesting.

    I agree. You will be able to walk back and forth. I think this solves 2 problems. Allows them to create a larger patio area. And they can open their menu and serve just food on the one side and still have the bar on the other. Years ago I wasn’t a fan of bullwings. I am a fan now. Service is good and many of the food items are good. Great place for watching games. They have a few issues now and then, what bar with drunk idiots doesn’t… But overall, very good place.

  • #295374

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @cjay916 128097 wrote:

    I agree. You will be able to walk back and forth. I think this solves 2 problems. Allows them to create a larger patio area. And they can open their menu and serve just food on the one side and still have the bar on the other. Years ago I wasn’t a fan of bullwings. I am a fan now. Service is good and many of the food items are good. Great place for watching games. They have a few issues now and then, what bar with drunk idiots doesn’t… But overall, very good place.

    Never been there before. Not a big wings guy and less of a fan of bars. Too old for that stuff. 🙂

  • #295386

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @EGL Admin 128087 wrote:

    They got off to kind of a slow start. I think they had some problems with the staff and seemed to have fixed them. I have seen and heard mixed reviews. Some love it and some just think it’s okay. The restaurant business is tough. That’s one business I would never want a part of.

    I ran a couple of my dad’s restaurants long ago and it has changed so much. You can do quite well or you can go bust.. it is tough for sure. Your staff can make you or break you regardless of the food.. I guess just like any business. But in the food business it also has to do with everyone’s tastes along with the staff. Glad I don’t have to do that anymore.

  • #295375

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @plasmadrive 128103 wrote:

    I ran a couple of my dad’s restaurants long ago and it has changed so much. You can do quite well or you can go bust.. it is tough for sure. Your staff can make you or break you regardless of the food.. I guess just like any business. But in the food business it also has to do with everyone’s tastes along with the staff. Glad I don’t have to do that anymore.

    And people can be pretty picky.

  • #295387

    plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

    @EGL Admin 128107 wrote:

    And people can be pretty picky.

    He says looking this way! :whip: It is true!

  • #295381

    kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

    ” Your staff can make you or break you regardless of the food.. “

    Thus, Dutch Brother’s success story. 🙂

  • #295376

    EGL Admin
    Member
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

    @plasmadrive 128108 wrote:

    He says looking this way! :whip: It is true!

    fblike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.