Looking for a jeweler

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mitch 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

misskate1999
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

I am looking for a jeweler in Elk Grove that can fix a ring for me. It’s sterling silver and the band is broken clean through so it pinches when I wear it.

Thanks!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Maybe Rogers Jewelers?

misskate1999
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

Are they reasonably priced? That is a factor… Single mom budget didn’t allow for many “extras”. 🙂

GoodEats
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 68
    • Total Posts - 70

Guzzi Fine Jewelers. Joe Guzzi is a great guy. I believe he’s an Elk Grove native too.

He’s repaired my wife’s wedding ring as well as her watch. He always does a great job and charges a reasonable price for his work.

He’s located in the shopping center where the Bel Air Market is on Laguna and Franklin next to Laguna Creek Vet.

misskate1999
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

@goodeats 121650 wrote:

Guzzi Fine Jewelers. Joe Guzzi is a great guy. I believe he’s an Elk Grove native too.

He’s repaired my wife’s wedding ring as well as her watch. He always does a great job and charges a reasonable price for his work.

He’s located in the shopping center where the Bel Air Market is on Laguna and Franklin next to Laguna Creek Vet.

Thank you! And very close to home!

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

I have had success with Kenny G.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I really needed some rings resized down, I am glad this question was asked.

party-of-six
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 111
    • Total Posts - 120

I like Kenny G. I recently had some rings resized and some repair work done to my wedding set and they are very good.

govwatcher
    Participant
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 238
    • Total Posts - 250

I have had good experience with Kenny G. but like seeing the recommendation for Guzzi Fine Jewelers. I will give them a try. Is it a one store operation?

GoodEats
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 68
    • Total Posts - 70

@govwatcher 121707 wrote:

I have had good experience with Kenny G. but like seeing the recommendation for Guzzi Fine Jewelers. I will give them a try. Is it a one store operation?

Yes and I think only a one man operation, since Joe is the only one in there whenever I stop by.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

In the Big Lots shopping center is the fellow who used to be the jeweler at Dalin’s. I strongly suggest him (can’t remember the name of his store). His name is Mr. Lee.

Mitch
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 14
    • Total Posts - 14

Joe is a great guy!

GoodEats
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 68
    • Total Posts - 70

@goodeats 121712 wrote:

Yes and I think only a one man operation, since Joe is the only one in there whenever I stop by.

Ok so I’m behind the times. I just called them to get my wife’s wedding ring repaired again and was told they now have a full time jeweler working in the store now, so repairs can be done even faster than before.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

That’s good to know they have more than one person doing rings. I am a little worried of bringing my Moms rings into a jeweler and have them there for long extent of time.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

We had my mother in law’s rings recently re sized for her at Kenny G. They were done within a week. They put this horseshoe thing inside the ring to help with her arthritic hands.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

May I ask – how does the horseshoe help her hands? I don’t know if it is coincidence. but my 2 fingers ached from having my Moms ring on my middle finger for a couple of days.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

it expands and contracts based on swelling

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.