fbpx
Advertisements

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  morgandog 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

morgandog
    • Topics - 16
    • Replies - 202
    • Total Posts - 218

Do you believe him and his story or was it a publicity stunt? How the hell can someone fall for that for as long as he did? He is young and should know technology better than most! Personally I am not buying the whole story…his story.
    Your thoughts?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/family-of-man-implicated-in-manti-teo-girfrlend-hoax-has-obtained-legal-counsel.html

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8859077/manti-teo-notre-dame-fighting-irish-denies-being-part-hoax-late-girlfriend

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

Kids have entire relationships online these days. I lean towards believing him.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

I don’t believe him

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

I haven’t really followed this story in too much detail, but I can’t imagine why he would make something like this up.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Hard to believe someone is that naive. I don’t know why someone would make that up because it would be something people would figure it out. I do find it hard believe that someone that popular and famous would have a relationship that was exclusively online and never meet. Also that he never saw her when she was supposedly in the hospital. Very strange story.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

the guy is Moron. Way different dating rules than most folks.

I think Rome’s take is the best bet. Te’o bought the catfishing bit, and when he found out he ran with the myth, rather than admit he was taken in. He had nothing at all to gain by concocting this idiocy, and everything to lose. People are inherently stupid, so it is not outside the realm of possibility that he was in on it, but I still think it is unlikely. I guess we will find out.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Whatever the case, good luck in the NFL because he will be hearing about that for a long time. He’s either very naive or very stupid.

cme5
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 2,261
    • Total Posts - 2,263

I know no straight man that will have a girlfriend just so they can just communicate. Most guys I know “communicate”, and dance for that matter, as a way to get to the physical relationship:)

I heard an interesting take that Manti might be gay – not that there’s anything wrong with that. However, there is something wrong with it in his deeply religious family and in the football locker room. The pretend girlfriend was a cover screen.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

@tomwaltman 72976 wrote:

the guy is Moron. Way different dating rules than most folks.

I heard he is Mormon too. 😉

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Okay, a little too much…um…relaxation last night. Mormon. That is what he is. Moron? Maybe, but time will tell.

morgandog
    • Topics - 16
    • Replies - 202
    • Total Posts - 218

If he was so in love why did he not go to the funeral? Young people are smart when it comes to this internet stuff and the relationship was way to long not to meet. What did have to gain? Hmmm…. maybe publicity to bring attention to his game or for his possible failures to his game. You might be on to something Tom.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

I saw where a guy can buy an online girlfriend. LOL!!! It’s a fake girlfriend that will post on his Facebook page!!! I hope this link works!!!

http://my.surewest.com/tv/3/player/vendor/GeoBeats/player/fiveminute/asset/gnrc_18643518

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

This will all be forgotten by the time of the NFL Combine – it will all be about his performance on the field.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Teams won’t care much about this at draft time. He should be more concerned with his disappearance in the Alabama game. He was man handled by their offensive line and the NFL is bigger and faster. His stock probably dropped some after that. Once he gets to training camp he can expect to get a lot of grief over all this and from other teams too.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I heard that some folks are asking Te’o to produce his phone records showing he spent all this time on the phone with this girl. It will be interesting to see how he handles that pressure. It may go away, but I get the feeling this is more about hating Notre Dame than Manti Te’o. Some of these people can be pretty tenacious.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I think it’s a lot about people like to bring celebrities down and catch them in a lie.

morgandog
    • Topics - 16
    • Replies - 202
    • Total Posts - 218

I heard on one of the sports shows this morning where they were talking about the investigation. They mention that they will find out all of the details and bring him in for questioning already knowing the answers. Then when they catch him in a lie they will call him out on it and it show his corrector and most likely crush his opportunities.
    Although the NFL has shown they will hire just about anyone with talent. Does he have talent? Doesnt have a girl friend!

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

As I understand it, no laws have been broken, and there is no criminal investigation ongoing. The only people talking about it right now are those who really hate Te’o or Notre Dame. They have all been talking more about Notre Dame’s complicity then Te’o’s. That is why I think most of these guys are really Golden Domer haters, rather than Te’o haters.

I think it will come back up either at or just before the Combine, but probably not like it has been. ESPN has been taking some serious crap for the interview they did with Te’o. That may keep the rhetoric down some.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.