fbpx

Mother’s Day Contest

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  acdubb 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We are doing a Mother’s Day contest this week. We will have 4 winners

The first one is a Mother’s Day Flower Pot Cake courtesy of Sinful Treats

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11011521_10152780855028240_1077826003597256624_n.jpg?oh=2b52501c251bb1d4ff7690f4b9ce5394&oe=559B119F&__gda__=1436764640_8f87d2cf6b58223de5a198fcd4d49470[/IMG]

The others prizes are a $50 gift certificate to Boulevard Bistro.

Michelle Angell with Perfectly Posh is donating a Mother’s Day gift bundle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1925[/ATTACH]

Also Jenn Oates with Wild Oates Art is donating a prize.

Jody Seitz with Nerium is donating a gift valued at $100

We are also going to donate a $25 gift card to Baguettes Deli.

Contest starts today and ends Wednesday at noon. The winner of the Sinful Treat gift will be able to order their cake and pick it up either Friday or Saturday. You will need to call Mariel at Sinful Treats.

All you have to do to enter our contest is tell us about a mom you know. Could be your mom, wife, sister, yourself etc. Doesn’t need to be a long story. Then we will put everyone’s name in the raffle and pick a winner. You can’t just say “hi I want to win”. You need to participate.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

You can still order your own Flower Pot Cake by going to the Sinful Treats website.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

Do you post the story on this thread or send you a PM?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

On here.

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

My beautiful wife has been a step-mother to my three girls for 13 years. It is a tough job that I am so thankful that she was willing to do. I appreciate her more every day.

Julia
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 61
    • Total Posts - 65

Well, I posted earlier about the passing of my dear friend Sarah Johnson. In many ways, she was a surrogate mom to me, since my own passed 11 years ago. She was my “go to” person on cooking questions, gardening questions and much more.

Salio1960
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 22

My mom is the best. She has always been there for me no matter what. She recently lost my dad after 60 years of marriage. She lives with me and I am honored to be the one who gets to take care of her. I hope that I am half the mom that she is.
    Having a loving and supportive mother is the best prize 🙂

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

My mother pretty much asks for nothing.. but… over the last seven years she has asked for two special things.. On her 85th birthday she wanted a party at our house. I had a large tent put up and we invited relatives and friends from all over the US. Some came from as far away as Minnesota. We had quite a blast with so many of the family and friends showing up to have a great time.

But then came the second request…………… the next day after many of the guests had gone, we all hoped in cars and motor homes and headed for Lodi where, with grand kids in tow, my 85 year old mom went sky diving for the first time in her life…. AND LOVED IT! How special the woman that raised myself and my 5 siblings is….

MooseMom
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 254
    • Total Posts - 353

My mom is 81 years young. She has two titanium knees, and two new cataracts in there eyes, so now she can see where she’s going clearly, and get there with NO pain! Mom is a 55-year Girl Scout, grandma to ten (and seven spouses), gram-gram to 15 and 8/9ths (#16 is due in a few weeks), gran-gran to several honorary great grandkids, and such a wonderful lady! I am SO blessed to have her in my life, and close enough that I can get to her house from mine in 40 minutes! Love you Mom!!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

MooseMom, your mom sounds AWESOME.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

My mom has been gone for about 20 years now, but she was one of the nicest and most gracious people I’ve ever known. If she was critical of me, she usually had good reason and always included a suggestion for improvement. She taught me that I could do anything I wanted to with hard work and focus. She believed in me from her heart. I can never thank her enough for the things she did for me.

auntiestace
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 44
    • Total Posts - 44

My grandmother was a wonderful mother and grandmother. She was like a second mother to me. She always helped my mom with us as she was a single mother. I could talk to her about anything and she always supported me. This month she will be gone for a year now and I miss her terribly. I will be thinking of her on this mother’s day. Love you Grandma!!!! Happy Mothers Day to all of the beautiful mothers on here!!! 🙂

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I have met some great mother figures in my life. My own mom lost her mom when she was 13 and did the best she could raising her brothers and sister. I didn’t understand how much she did until I became a mom….

70sChick
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My sister in law is the most amazing woman I know. She has raised two amazing teenagers, works full time and volunteers on the weekends and some week nights. She supports the high school that her children attend by volunteering for her son’s track meets. she also attends and supports many of the functions at the high school. She is busier than any mom I know and yet she is always happy, helpful and optimistic. I am so lucky to not only call her my sister in law, but also one of my closest friends.

pray2day
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 10
    • Total Posts - 11

My mom is my greatest gift, and I believe all moms should be titled the best. Every day should be mother’s day. We as moms start loving and nurturing their child while they are in the womb.
    They go through many changes and from the second they lay eyes on their child they are in love.They sacrifice, time, money, happiness,tears, sleep and their appearance to make us happy.The list goes on. I am lucky to have a mother, who prays for me and is always protecting and guiding me throughout my life.Every mom is a treasure.So treasure the time you have with her, because believe me no one will have your back as much as your mom.I have realized that my biggest blessing in life is my mom. She sacrificed so much for my happiness, know it’s time to repay her for her endless love. Show your mom love every day and make her feel she is important always, not only on mothers day.As we get older, you will see what she was going through, as you become a mother.
    So i say Happy Mother’s day everyday.

jenhta
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

My mom and I were never really close growing up and we’ve always had our differences. Since the birth of my son earlier this year (her first grandchild) she has been nothing short of wonderful. In fact, she is sleeping on my living room couch right now because my husband and I are sick and she took care of the baby so we could get a good night’s rest. It’s heartwarming to see how much she is devoted to the little guy.

Fatandcrabby
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My mother passed away last year a few days after her 95th birthday. I’d rather remember her like this though.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1923[/ATTACH]

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

This will be my second Mother’s Day without my mom. Last year was just weird. We did our traditional dinner at Silva’s. It was just different. My mom was a very kind soul. Never tried to tell us what to do after we grew up. Never meddled in anyone’s life. Never a bad word about anyone. Never yelled. She helped us by watching our kids. I am so glad that our kids got to know her. There are still days I want to ask her or tell her something and I can’t. I think that’s what I miss most. Miss talking to her and giving her a bad time and making her laugh. Great memories though. 🙂

kennyp
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

Not enough words to express my appreciation for everything my mom has done for her family and mine. My mom has given us memories to last a lifetime, her love and support to fill ones heart. I love you mom….

Klwkatie
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 39
    • Total Posts - 43

I have been one of the last to become a mother in our group of friends, which has been lucky for me! I’ve known so many great mother’s – and truly putting others before them. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom to follow the ones I thought stood out even more! Almost two years ago I had the opportunity to become a stay at home mom. I had many people tell me to just wait, I would want to go back to work! I will admit this is the hardest job I’ve ever held down, but the most rewarding, and I wouldn’t change anything about it! I know my time is limited in this role for financial reasons, but I wouldn’t trade it for the biggest paycheck! I am proud to stay at home and we make the most of it!

Amberla
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 42
    • Total Posts - 43

My Mom is one of the most giving people I know. I love that she is my best friend as the best Grandma to my kids.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I lost my mom when I was in 2nd grade, and, without going into details, she was never a good mom. Mother’s Day never meant anything to me until I had my own kids, but still I don’t really think of it as a “big” day or anything, because we always let it pass without mention while growing up. Still I knew I was missing out on having a mother growing up, so it’s strange reading some of these heartfelt stories about mothers.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

If grades were given, my Mom would of given an A+ on keeping house. She is so much more than that. My mom has really lived a full life. Working, traveling, serving in our Military, living in another country. She was one of the first sellers on Ebay, just very smart and good with numbers. I am adopted, I am proud of that fact. We are a small family with big heart.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We have added a few more prizes to the pot so we will now have 3 winners.

Michelle Angell with Perfectly Posh is donating a Mother’s Day gift bundle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1925[/ATTACH]

Also Jenn Oates with Wild Oates Art is donating a prize.

We are also going to donate a $25 gift card to Baguettes Deli.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Just added another prize so we will have now have 4 winners tomorrow!

Jody Seitz with Nerium is donating a gift valued at $100

princesssamers
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 10
    • Total Posts - 10

I would love for my mom to win this amazing prize package. The last few months have been difficult for her. She’s the rock of our family and it would be nice to hopefully bring a smile back to her face if only for a day. Thank you for putting together such a thoughtful drawing. ?

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Wow, lots of great stories here. Condolences to those who’ve lost their mom’s.

My mom is 62 and fighting stage 4 breast cancer. We hope and pray this isn’t our last mother’s day with her. She was the rock in our dysfunctional family growing up even. Your prayers for her health would be appreciated. Thanks.

I must also mention my beautiful bride and mother to our five children. I don’t know how she does it all day after day being a stay at home mom. They would crush me in under a week yet she thrives. It’s truly amazing.

Slow clap for all you mother’s our there.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Sorry to hear about your mom. Such an insidious disease and she’s much too young. I’m thankful my mom lived to be almost 88. She had a hard life growing up and being a farmer’s wife her whole life, but she had a good life. Thankful I got to spend as much time with her as I could.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

We adopted two siblings(boy 11, girl 10) from Sacramento County almost four years ago. Now they are 14 and 15, we never would have survived without my wife. We had to teach them good hygiene, manners, good eating habits, etc. I still remember the situation when my daughter had her first period two months after moving in with us. She was so scared and when I heard, I looked at my wife with a worried look myself and she gave me a look that said “I got this, you can go”. She did things such as cleaning out the wax of their ears and showing them how to clip their toenails. It is the little things my wife does that shows the kids that we love them and will take care of them. All these little things added up are what bonded us into the family that we are now. They finally know they have a home that loves them. I have to remind her sometimes on what she has done for all of us.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

The mom I know best was mine, unsurprisingly. She was one of those women who probably would have been a lot happier as a career woman, but she had kids before she figured that out, so she gave it her best shot. She wasn’t over-involved in what we were doing, and was brutally practical about child-rearing. If another mother questioned her about why we were playing outside unshod and unjacketed on a cold day, she’d shrug that we knew how to don those items without any help from her, and if we were cold we’d come in and put them on. Nowadays she’d be reported to CPS, but we grew up self-reliant and healthy, so she must have done something right.

She always said that you had to have enough money to be called “eccentric,” and she didn’t, so she had to settle for “crazy.” And she was. She could drive me right up the wall, but I miss her every day of the last 11 years. I hope she’s having a blast up there, arguing with Daddy about the volume of the TV. 🙂

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

And speaking of mothers, this is my wonderful daughter-in-law, who will be an amazing mother–already is an amazing mother by being a healthy preto lady carrying around a baby with 25% of my genes.

I’m sure that’s why the morning sickness was so bad. 😎

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

My grandmother has been gone for a few years now, but she would have been 100 years old May 14th. She was a great woman who lived most of her life with some really tough challenges but I don’t ever remember her complaining or being down about it. I miss her deeply and I wish she could see my kids now that they are big.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Preto? What’s with autocorrect? Preggo.

TrishaALCulpepper
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I absolutely love my Mom! She is awesome! We don’t get to speech other much since we live in different states but she tries to come visit every fall. When she visits she is always so willing to help with whatever projects we having going. A couple years ago it was getting all the weeds and plants taken out of the front yard to put in rock and flower pot garden. This last fall, it was helping with a small youth I had just taken over as the new leader, of all girls. She was also here to support me with my program at church-the first one I wrote, organized and lead. We can talk for hours on the phone and often have said goodbye 3-4 times before we actually hang up because we have gotten caught up in conversation again and again. She is always there for me to talk about anything or nothing at all. She is my best friend, next to my husband.

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

I’m grateful to my mom for so many things. She has lived her life giving to others, holding her children accountable, loving my father, leading by example and faith. It’s been very difficult over the past eight years, watching her struggle with the shocking loss of my dad, which occurred during a selfless act of kindness. It hurts me to see the pain she endures daily because of the unbearable loss, despite a new home, a new city, being surrounded by her grandkids, and having the love and support of many family members and friends. I wish for her peace and a sense of happiness on this and every Mother’s Day.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Okay so we have 4 prizes to give away.

1. Mother’s day cake from Sinful Treats & Necklace, bracelet and earring set from Jenn Oates
    2. $50 gift certificate to Boulevard Bistro
    3. Mother’s day gift bundle from Michelle Angell and $25 gift certificate to Baguettes.
    4. $100 gift from Jody Sietz and Nerium

I will do the drawing shortly. Have to enter everyone’s name in. Check back in a bit for the video.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Waiting on the video to finish uploading. I have already contacted the winners. 🙂

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

EGL, I didn’t get the PM. Send it again. ha ha.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I dunno. I really like the stone beads in this set. I may just keep it for myself. 🙂

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

It looks like there are some great mothers in this group. Nice thread!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

[video]https://youtu.be/vSDrUKZoEmc[/video]

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

Wow, thank you!

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

Good contest, congrats winners. That’s a cool app by the way, I’m going to start using it to diagnose patients.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Rigged! Rigged I say.. I didn’t win.. must be rigged! :sarcastic :tongue2: :wink2:

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@plasmadrive 111559 wrote:

Rigged! Rigged I say.. I didn’t win.. must be rigged! :sarcastic :tongue2: :wink2:

I even gave you 4 chances too! 🙂

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I see that you misspelled my name as kindrlindr this time. 🙂

Julia
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 61
    • Total Posts - 65

Oh, this really made my day! Very special to have one the Boulevard Bistro gift card. I shared this week about the loss of my dear friend Sarah Johnson and I wrote about her for this contest. The only time I’ve ever been to Boulevard Bistro was with Sarah and her husband John. Seems quite fitting to have won that prize. Thank you so much!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@julia 111565 wrote:

Oh, this really made my day! Very special to have one the Boulevard Bistro gift card. I shared this week about the loss of my dear friend Sarah Johnson and I wrote about her for this contest. The only time I’ve ever been to Boulevard Bistro was with Sarah and her husband John. Seems quite fitting to have won that prize. Thank you so much!

That’s really cool. Must be karma. 🙂

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

That is cool Julia.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I am so thankful. You are awesome Doc for doing these for us and Michelle, I can’t wait to get my goodies from you. Of all the prizes yours was the one I would have loved the most! THANK YOU. This made my week. 🙂

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Dropped off Julia’s prize and picked up Kindr’s. Picked up a yummy sandwich for myself at Baguettes.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Want me to send mine to the winnah?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Sure I’ll email you the address. 🙂

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

Thank you! Happy Mother’s Day to all the great moms out there!

MrsKaysSweetTreats
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 108
    • Total Posts - 128

I have been blessed with an amazing mother in law. She has been there for me as I learned to be a wife to her son, a mother to her grandchildren and as I have bettered myself. Our relationship has flourished so much that when she introduces me, she says I am her daughter not her daughter in law. I do the same for her as well. We have cried, laughed and become the best of friends over the years. I am very proud to call her “Mom”.

acdubb
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I’d like to enter my closest friend, Ana Sneed. She’s an amazing mama to 5 including 4 boys and 1 little girl. Their ages range 14-2, and she always makes it look too easy. She went from working full time to staying home with her children and homeschooling her sons and now her daughter. She developed her own custom curriculum for each of their grade levels, complete with outdoor lessons and is raising them in the church. She and her husband have them involved in sports and other activities, always on the go from one tournament to another. She plans all of their meals, keeps a mostly clean home (as clean as possible with several children!) and does it with out any complaint. We’ve been friends for over 10 years, and she really deserves some pampering. Thanks for doing this for some lucky mamas!

JessicaLozada
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 21

So I became a kick butt mom because of my mom. She always taught me to do what I love and to have fun while doing it and I still do that to this day! That is what lead me to being a Curves Coach and helping out all these other moms and women to stay healthy! 🙂 Hopefully I can teach my daughter well enough that she turns into an even better mom than me! Thats all we can really do in life isn’t it… make sure that your kids do better than you and leave this world with a positive outlook! 🙂 <3 happy mothers day everyone!

MrsKaysSweetTreats
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 108
    • Total Posts - 128

I am really enjoying reading all these stories. We have a lot of amazing mom’s out there! Happy Mother’s Day everyone!

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

Wow, what nice prizes I received! The cake was beautiful. My wife loved the jewelry, which was beautiful and very well made. If you guys have not tried either of these advertisers, I strongly recommend them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.