New Brewery coming to Laguna West/Stonelake Area

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  saramarshall 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

microbrew-1024x683.jpg

The city of Elk Grove will have another brewery opening soon. Dreaming Dog Brewery is set to open in the spring of 2017. It is slated to open in the Stonelake Landing area near I-5, off Elk Grove Blvd. According to one of the family members that will own and operate the brewery, It will be the largest brewery in Elk Grove. It will have an indoor and outdoor seating area with multiple TV’s, and a private room for parties or meetings. They will specialize in Belgian style beers that will be hand crafted with local ingredients. The brewery will be pet friendly as well. Dreaming Dog will not have a kitchen. They will have bar snacks available. Patrons can bring their own food. They will also be partnering with local food trucks and restaurants.

Elk Grove has become a hot bed of breweries in 2016. New breweries such as Tilted Mash and Flatland Brewing have opened. Waterman Brewing is scheduled to open soon. Earlier this year the city hosted the First Annual Elk Grove Brewfest. Over 40 different types of beer and cider was available to be tasted. 2500 people attended the event in Elk Grove’s Old Town Plaza. The Brewfest will return in May of 2017.

http://elkgrovelagunanews.com/2016/09/22/new-brewery-coming-to-laguna-weststonelake-area-of-elk-grove/

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

I wish them all well. There are so many breweries opening up in the Sacramento region. I have been to about eight of them. None are bad, but with the market getting crowded, you better have a good beer. Some places I tried, I probably won’t be back. They were not bad, just not my taste.

It is good to see that we are getting some in Elk Grove area. I didn’t hear about the Waterman one. I will have to check it out when they open. Especially since they are only two miles from me. If you want a place to hang out with a beer for an hour or two with friends and family, breweries are the way to go. The food trucks are a nice touch to have at the breweries.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Good luck to them. I wish I liked the taste of any alcohol. I could use a good drink right now’.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I don’t know how much the actual taste of the beer matters if there’s good food. I don’t think BJ’s is going to get any meaningful awards for their beer any time soon, and they seem to be scraping by…..

If this is the same one we talked to a few months ago, this may be very beer focused. I’m just glad to see more eateries coming to this intersection–all boats rise with the tide, and our restaurant volumes show it.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

@lc 127754 wrote:

I don’t know how much the actual taste of the beer matters if there’s good food. I don’t think BJ’s is going to get any meaningful awards for their beer any time soon, and they seem to be scraping by…..

If this is the same one we talked to a few months ago, this may be very beer focused. I’m just glad to see more eateries coming to this intersection–all boats rise with the tide, and our restaurant volumes show it.

These craft breweries are not like BJ’s. They just make the beer and serve their beer. They don’t make any food. In this way, you have to have good beer since that is all you are drinking unless you bring your own food or order from a nearby restaurant that will deliver. It sucks if you have to drink a pint of beer you don’t like and there is no food to help you along. That is why the craft brews give you a free sample to taste before you pay. I always bring peanuts/chip when I go the the craft brew places. If there are nearby restaurants that will deliver to the craft brewery, then that works for the brewery and restaurants. The ones a little farther from restaurants will have to rely on food trucks.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I can see a place like Pete’s getting some business from people ordering pizza or maybe Pete’s does something with them and delivers the pizza. That’s what Old Town Pizza is/was doing with Flatland sometimes. I don’t drink much, especially if we are out and never if there isn’t food. Not worth the risk.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

@norules 127755 wrote:

These craft breweries are not like BJ’s. They just make the beer and serve their beer. They don’t make any food. In this way, you have to have good beer since that is all you are drinking unless you bring your own food or order from a nearby restaurant that will deliver. It sucks if you have to drink a pint of beer you don’t like and there is no food to help you along. That is why the craft brews give you a free sample to taste before you pay. I always bring peanuts/chip when I go the the craft brew places. If there are nearby restaurants that will deliver to the craft brewery, then that works for the brewery and restaurants. The ones a little farther from restaurants will have to rely on food trucks.

I didn’t realize that’s what it was. So, you’re right about that, it has to be good beer. Far from restaurants? I’m counting at least 12 on the intersection without really looking carefully.

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

@lc 127757 wrote:

I didn’t realize that’s what it was. So, you’re right about that, it has to be good beer. Far from restaurants? I’m counting at least 12 on the intersection without really looking carefully.

When I mentioned about being far from restaurants, I was not talking about any in particular brewery. I was being general. For example, Big Sexy Brewing Company is not near any restaurants, so they have to bring a food truck. Device Brewery is somewhat isolated.

I assume you are referring to Dream Dog Brewery that is nearby to at least 12 restaurants. You are correct. However, Waterman Brewery is not really close to that many restaurants. The closest ones would be on Waterman and Elk Grove Blvd. Tilted Mash and Flatland in Elk Grove have nothing nearby. They have to bring food trucks and food tents.

madforplaid
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 145
    • Total Posts - 154

Local breweries usually have a schedule of food trucks that come by, and you can pick up food to bring on the way.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Pretty sure the shopping center owner won’t allow food trucks in his lot, I know we sure don’t. We don’t always catch them though.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@lc 127773 wrote:

Pretty sure the shopping center owner won’t allow food trucks in his lot, I know we sure don’t. We don’t always catch them though.

Cheap bastards! 🙂

Why would they allow that? People can get food at OZ or Flaming Grill. Never been to Oz., They can get food from across the street too. The other breweries in Elk Grove are in industrial areas so they can have food trucks there.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

This is great! I’ve been to Tilted Mash and Flatland Brewing. Great additions to Elk Grove. I can’t wait for Dreaming Dog to open too!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy