No "Lights at the Ranch" this year.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gearshark23 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

As Doc posted on the FB page, “Lights at the Ranch” on Oak Ranch Place will be dark this year. We will be back next year.

As well, the static display on Bader that belongs to Dave Dial will also be dark this year.

Please pass the word so people will not show up and be disappointed.

Thank you,

Craig

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

We’re going to drive down your street anyway a few times to energize the grumpy neighbors 😉

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Let’s turn our car music on really loud, drop our trash in the street, fun over some fence posts, and block some driveways!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Oh man, I forgot. 🙁 Its not going to be the same……..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 128243 wrote:

Oh man, I forgot. 🙁 Its not going to be the same……..

No, it is not going to be the same for sure. I personally will miss connecting with so many people that come by. I gave out thousands of candies last year while talking to those that came to visit. Everything from very young kids, to teenagers, to adults that would like to be kids again, even if just for a few minutes.., to cancer patients who wanted a mental boost. Missing the smiles and just saying hi to all those that would normally come by will be my loss this year.

If you ever in your life time get the chance to experience meeting so many people and doing something positive in their lives, take it.. no matter what the cost in time and sweat, it is worth it….

I will miss your boys this year.. all of them.. even the grown up one! ha ha.. And you too.. :thanks: Merry Christmas

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

“I will miss your boys this year.. all of them.. even the grown up one! ha ha.. And you too.. Merry Christmas”

Aww thanks! You sure enlightened us. Merry Christmas!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Darn, I was just telling my wife that we need to take my boys over to see the lights. I was hoping you were doing a “behind the scenes” again.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Next year if all goes well, I would love to do another Elk Grove forum preview if there is enough interest. That was a lot of fun last year.
    As for behind the scenes Gearshark23, contact me again about Thanksgiving next year and we can set up something.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My kids and my husband both asked separately on the day you posted if you were doing your lights this year. You’ve made an impact on lots of people in town and your lights have become a destination.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@newmom 128257 wrote:

My kids and my husband both asked separately on the day you posted if you were doing your lights this year. You’ve made an impact on lots of people in town and your lights have become a destination.

Thank you Newmom…. I do understand. You have no idea how heavy my heart is without our sharing this year with the thousands that have made this their “special stop” for some Christmas cheer ….. It’s a bit worse because we lost one of our best neighbors a few weeks ago. She just loved bringing her family down the street for a special showing of the lights, and usually more than once. We will miss her and I feel so bad that I won’t have them up to honor her memory….. She was in our crowd on the TV show last year though…That memory I will always have. RIP M.

Craig

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

A few people asked on Facebook too about it.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 128240 wrote:

Let’s turn our car music on really loud, drop our trash in the street, fun over some fence posts, and block some driveways!

Also pee everywhere too! 🙂

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Doc.. coulda done great things to that Tesla of yours for the parade.. Would have been a place for me to use some unused “stuff” ha ha..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy