fbpx
Advertisements

Nw Year’s resolutions or wishes for 2016

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jusme 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I don’t make New Year’s resolutions because I don’t think it’s something you wait to do and I think they are destined to be broken. I just have things I like to work on. #1 is probably health. I want to keep exercising and hopefully this year be more serious about what I eat and lose a little bit of weight. This past month has not been very good for me with eating. Too many parties and too many dinners. I hope to run the 10K at the Running of the Elk. I already do a 5K, 5 days a week and have ran a 10K just jogging a handful of times. I just need to work up to it and do it a few more times with ease. I look at how I feel now compared to a year ago and it is so much better.

Beyond that it is just working on things and making them better. Working on being the best dad and husband I can be. Hoping things in 2016 pick up where 2015 left off. It was a good year for us. Did a lot of fun things and accomplished some things. We hope to travel to Europe in 2016. Business was very good. Some other things are coming up that are promising.

I want to continue to take Elk Grove Laguna Forums to the next level and improve it and make more of an impact in the community and help more businesses and community groups. It’s like one of those things where you know where you want to get to, but it’s a process. There is no short cut. I have some short term goals and long term goals, that I will keep to myself. In 4 years at our 10th anniversary party I have an idea of where I want EGL to be at that time. If it is, then we are going to have a big bash! 🙂

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I enjoy being relatively goalless :biggrin:. I want to work less next year, fish and travel more. It’s time. I’ve met my financial goals overall, but love making money more than having it, so I’ll figure out something new to do because I like it, not to pay the electric bill. I am still carrying around 20# too much and will get rid of that too. Beyond that, bring it, and I’ll enjoy it and get it done if I feel like it.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

I too do not make resolutions because I don’t want anyone calling me out if I should fail. I do however try to make “attainable” goals. So, I am aiming to green juice (or smoothie) more with my brand new Nutri Ninja Blender, to at the very least juice/smoothie once a day. I want to exercise daily at a minimum of 15 minutes and be very mindful of what I eat and to get off of eating extra sugar like candies, cakes etc. The overall theme is to get healthier and lose a bit of weight, it is no longer comfortable wearing jeans that got very tight on me and I am tired of looking at my “tires” around my waist. When you are under 5 feet tall like me 5 pounds totally show how overweight i am!!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

If you’re going to use the little container, be sure to use the right button on the blender that’s made for it. Otherwise you’ll whip too much air into it and the texture is weird. Good on you for the green stuff. You’ll get used to the taste.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

@lc 122698 wrote:

If you’re going to use the little container, be sure to use the right button on the blender that’s made for it. Otherwise you’ll whip too much air into it and the texture is weird. Good on you for the green stuff. You’ll get used to the taste.

Thanks for the tip LC! I also decided to try 310 Nutrition meal replacement shakes, tastes better than Body by Vi and Shakeology. I figured I can alternate green juicing/smoothies and 310 shakes. Hope to get 20 pounds off in time for the Summer.
    https://310nutrition.com/

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Champion Ultramet Low Carb Chocolate MRP is what I’ve been using for about 15 years, and I think I’ve tried maybe 20 of them. Never get tired of them, usually mix in some berries and just use water and ice. I pay just over $100 for 60 shipped with tax from All Star Health which is usually the cheapest . You can get them in 20 packs too. Use two a day to start, you’ll really see the weight drop quickly with those.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I need to find a new church. Something I need to do to better myself inside. I need to find more people like me. I have really grown in my faith, and thats why, I would just like to hear new things.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@violarose 122755 wrote:

I need to find a new church. Something I need to do to better myself inside. I need to find more people like me. I have really grown in my faith, and thats why, I would just like to hear new things.

We are thinking about a new church too. We have been going to First Baptist for 6-7 years and really like, but the Pastor we liked left a couple of years ago. They went a year before finding someone and the person they brought in, I don’t know, we just don’t connect with him. We went to the Christmas Eve service and it was just not very good. He seems like a nice enough guy, but just not feeling what he is saying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.