fbpx

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ErinO 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

So who has been? I went there the other night. It was the first time I had Korean BBQ. The service was great! The host recognized us from the week prior when they had a 45 minute wait and we told him we will come back another time. When we walked in he said “you’re back”…..kind of cool. The wait staff was very attentive. They constantly asked us if we needed anything and checked up on us frequently. I was very impressed. I enjoyed tasting all of their meat. Everything was pretty good. I didn’t like that the shrimp was the peel kind and I wish they had fish on the menu but other then that every thing was pretty good. Definitely, worth checking out.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

where is it located?

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

SWC Elk Grove Blvd/Harbour Point Dr.

I went by to check it out (they are competition for us) a week ago and they looked busy. It is the only store in that entire complex that had anyone in it. i hope they do well. Their food at the Bradshaw store is very good, nice place. I think they’ll do fine. I assume it’s mostly cook at the table, Korean style?

ErinO
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 795
    • Total Posts - 804

I’ve been to the one on Bradshaw many times and really like it. I’m sure this one is nicer, because it’s new. I like buying their gift cards at Costco at a discount and using those when we go.

IrisTattoo
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 127
    • Total Posts - 147

LC Yes it is a cook at the table place. They don’t have the full menu like at Bradshaw (no lunch, no lunch bowels, etc.) but maybe in time. Might be hard to have the big of a place open at lunch time. But every night the parking lot is packed. Apparently there is a following for this type of place. We went and enjoyed it. Great when you are trying to watch fried foods and you can just eat lots of meat and veggies. Everything is very fresh.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Wasabi across the street is a great performer, and I fought them for months to open for lunch and lost. They convinced me they cannot make any money at lunch. That might change for both when the pharmacy school opens, but doubtful as that’s just one turn of tables at best. I think the two will compete, and I also believe Oz will bring more dining traffic to the intersection. All of our restaurants there showed good increases in 2013 over 2012–Original Pete’s had their best year ever.

My dream has always been to have that intersection as the “West End” dining area. It’s been somewhat elusive of being actualized with the economy, but we’ve certainly stabilized and adding a quality choice to the mix is a good thing for everyone.

pepsilvr
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 1,278
    • Total Posts - 1,383

We were there on Sunday for Birthday dinners. Half of us liked it the other half complained about having to cook their own food. We have been to Wasabi as well. My only issue there is the smoke when they are crowded.I wish there was a better selection of vegetables to put on the grill.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

I think you can order off the menu, cooked for you, too. I know you can at Bradshaw.

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

Thank God they don’t have “lunch bowels,” 🙂

IrisTattoo
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 127
    • Total Posts - 147

I just saw a coupon for Oz in the EG Citizen. It is good for lunch or dinner. So, I am assuming they are now open for lunch.

IrisTattoo
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 127
    • Total Posts - 147

@doclaguna 92150 wrote:

HA HA! Just saw my typo!

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

@doclaguna 92150 wrote:

I just assumed it was the Korean version of chitlins….

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

I loved it and actually preferred to cook my own meat so I could get it just the way I like it. To me it’s more than a 2 person type of dinner because of the amount of food that you get but still we loved it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.