fbpx

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dhatchett 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

I don’t see a Food forum here (unless of course I missed it being a newbie) so I’m not sure if this is the correct venue to use. My wife was a big Panda South fan and it appears as though they are closed. Does anyone know what happened or have any idea if they moved locations? They always seemed to be busy and prosperous so maybe they just moved on.

As well, are there any suggestions as to alternatives?

Many thanks.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I don’t know why they closed –
    If you enjoyed their food you might want to try Tea Garden on Laguna Blvd. similar menu (almost exact). They are related somehow to Panda South.

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll let her know to give it a whirl!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We really like Tea Garden! And they deliver within a few miles of the restaurant.

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Thank you so much for the recommendation!

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

Love Tea Garden!!

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

We have enjoyed Rose Palace at Franklin/Laguna near Lamppost/Safeway. Good luck finding a new good to Chinese place. We have some really good options in Elk Grove.

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Thanks again!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Dhatchett, welcome to the bright side! There is a food forum, but Doc has it labeled “Bon Appetit” so it’s a little hard to find for those less travelled than Doc 🙂

The tone is a lot different on those reviews here. We try to be fair, and if there are negatives they are sometimes posted, but very few if any diatribes or obvious embellishments. If a place is truly crappy, you’ll know. Same if it’s pretty great. EGO had a more active group for recipes and food chat–there are only a handful of us here that participate in those discussions. Fortunately, there are so many good food sites now on the net, it really doesn’t matter.

dhatchett
    Participant
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 16

Thanks for the information, LC!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy