fbpx

Plans Announced for Elk Grove’s Ice Rink at Old Town

This topic contains 76 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  omgnate 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Elk Grove City
    • Topics - 506
    • Replies - 0
    • Total Posts - 506

Press Release dated 11/08/2012

More…

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

It says hot cocoa and food trucks. Will there be any coffee kiosks? Just curious….Also any idea if there will be coupons in the EG Citizen or a Groupon (Living Social, Deal Chicken, etc) deal?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Groupons? Hah! You are paying full price baby, we have to make some money!

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

No, she has a point. People love Groupon and sales would be a lot higher if people thought they were getting a bargain.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Probably not enough time to set that up. How much of a discount? Like 25% off?

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@docs44 69570 wrote:

Probably not enough time to set that up. How much of a discount? Like 25% off?

That sounds good. Kindr?

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Dude, Groupons are 50% or more off. If they think we can afford $50 a pop for ice skating more than once, that is so NOT happening. Three kids and two adults. Maybe they should do a buy one adult get a kid free day? I will go watch though. ;o) Maybe they’ll let me run the Zamboni????

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

@kindrlindr 69641 wrote:

Dude, Groupons are 50% or more off. If they think we can afford $50 a pop for ice skating more than once, that is so NOT happening. Three kids and two adults. Maybe they should do a buy one adult get a kid free day? I will go watch though. ;o) Maybe they’ll let me run the Zamboni????

I’d pay to see that.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

At the same time they have to make money. Groupon and Living Social are usually more to get people to try a place and hopefully come back. The ice rink is a limited engagement. Plus it’s probably last minute to set up a groupon thing. Who knows maybe they will do it. I’ll contact the city.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I would be far more willing to frequent the place if it wasn’t so darn expensive. Word around town(in MY circles anyway, which are pretty wide….) is excitement, followed by eek!! when they hear the cost. :o( In any case, I CAN’T WAIT to see it! It might make old town feel more like the holidays. Any word about a coffee place coming down in a truck?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I think a coffee truck would do great, especially in the evenings. The prices are competitive with other rinks I think. I think with more planning they could have done more and maybe do groupon. Who knows maybe they still will.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@kindrlindr 69658 wrote:

I would be far more willing to frequent the place if it wasn’t so darn expensive. Word around town(in MY circles anyway, which are pretty wide….) is excitement, followed by eek!! when they hear the cost. :o( In any case, I CAN’T WAIT to see it! It might make old town feel more like the holidays. Any word about a coffee place coming down in a truck?

This is practically in my backyard and I can’t wait to see it either!!! Unfortunately I won’t be able to see very much of it since I’ll be home recovering from surgery the whole month of December.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

They could at least try a coupon for a few bucks off in the EG Citizen? One can hope……..LOL

Raven, seriously? For what? :o(

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I was thinking, maybe even offer a few bucks discount IF the customer shows a receipt from any OT merchant from the past few days or something. You know, incentive to get what they want, and make the customer think they are getting a good deal in the process? ;o)

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

I’m having surgery for dislocation in my shoulder and torn rotor cuff.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Where did you find the prices?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

On the website.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Please dont get mad at me for speaking my mind, but those prices are fine. That’s what I pay when we go ice skating.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I agree. That’s the going rate. Can’t get a discount for everything.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I got a response back from Heather Ross with the City Economic Department

As of right now, we are not planning to do any online deals. However, I thinks that’s a great idea that we hadn’t considered before. I am going to look into it, talk to our operator, and see if it’s a possibility for this year. My guess is, that with the time crunch we are up against already, it is a slim possibility but I will look into it nonetheless. Thank you for the suggestion!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Viola, I am SO mad at you for speaking your mind. KIDDING! LOL

I don’t ice skate, so I’m just comparing it to Kings Skate and the reactions about the cost around town. Personally, I can’t afford a trip like that with my kids often. I think its a wonderful thing, and I can’t wait to see it, but there IS a way to market it to make it seem affordable, even if it’s just to give a break once and a while. They want people shopping in OT? Offer incentive with a “bring your receipt in from an OT merchant” night where they get a break. Have a special “family Night” where one or both parents skate free. NONE of that takes planning. It just takes imagination and someone who is willing to make it happen. :o) I only know what would make it worthwhile for my family. I wish them well, and can’t WAIT to see people having fun!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Parents don’t have to skate. I think the incentive is you can save time and gas by staying here. I guess another question is do you want 50 people paying full price or 100 paying half price? As far as skating more is not better because too many people on the ice is not good. For the other businesses more is better. If they are half price will people go twice? I doubt it. I think for a limited run engagement the groupons are not as beneficial. For a restaurant the idea is you people in and then they come back.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Watching them build it, it’s not as big as I thought it would be. And be careful about speaking your mind on here, some people will nit-pick you about it

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Raven, I saw that tonight on the way to karate…….I hope they are just doing one section at a time?

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Ps….if parents don’t have to skate, then they have NOTHING to lose by offering a “parents skate free” night. ;o) Adult supervision is often beneficial when there are a bunch of new skaters on the ice. It’s not like its a common thing to have a rink around here. LOL

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s safer for adults not to skate. 😉

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Don’t they make training wheels for grown ups? lol

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Yes please. I need the training wheels ice skates ; )

itsallinthepits
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 684
    • Total Posts - 737

no need training wheels for ice skates. You need stacks of plastic buckets. I hope to go at least once with the kiddo. My main concern right now is parking during the Saturday after Thanksgiving because my brain can’t wrap around where this rink is located at. I am taking the kid to march in the Lights parade that night and don’t need any more drama to my task of finding a place to park.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

It’s were the sand and gravel pit used to be

itsallinthepits
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 684
    • Total Posts - 737

I guess I am just not familiar with the location of the sand gravel pit. I also don’t travel on EG Blvd in OT very often. I know where my tax man used to be, before he died. 🙁

Sarah Johnson
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 229
    • Total Posts - 235

Just east of the railroad tracks, on the south side of Elk Grove Blvd. City is preparing about 100 new parking spaces there and across Grove Street to the south.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Sarah, are those permanent spaces to be used for general Old Town parking, or are they just for the rink? If they are permanent, then that increases the ROI on this a bit.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@itsallinthepits 69737 wrote:

I guess I am just not familiar with the location of the sand gravel pit. I also don’t travel on EG Blvd in OT very often. I know where my tax man used to be, before he died. 🙁

You would pass it when you came over to my house.

Sarah Johnson
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 229
    • Total Posts - 235

I don’t know for sure, Tom, but it seems logical that they would not remove the parking they are putting in for the ice rink until there is some other use for the property. I know, logical doesn’t always come to the fore, but we can hope.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Yes, we can. Thanks!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Si sipuede!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We have taken the kids skating at Folsom, Squaw Creek and Downtown Sac and what some beginners do is use a plastic bin, garbage can or even someone’s walker to help them learn to skate. Our kids learned using one of those plastic storage bins. Just push that around the ice. I’ve never tried it. No desire to fall backwards and break a wrist or arm trying to break my fall.

Sarah Johnson
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 229
    • Total Posts - 235

No one has yet mentioned the “bonus” we got with the purchase of the railroad property – ugly billboard gone!

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I am hoping that the city can build a soundwall along the property in the future. Chainlink is nice, but doesn’t say “classy.”

omgnate
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 478
    • Total Posts - 479

In the community where I grew up we had a club house, and ice skating..I just never could get the hang of it…I was great on roller skates, but just awful on ice skates..my legs and butt would hurt for days afterwards..Good luck to all the kids, it sounds fun and one more thing to enjoy!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

They should use old garage doors. :Tongue sticking out

A sound wall would be nice.

itsallinthepits
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 684
    • Total Posts - 737

garage doors….that WAS funny!

The last time I went ice skating, which was with Girl Scouts up in Long Barn, they used stacks of 5 gallon plastic buckets that were upside down. I used one of the tower of buckets for a couple minutes until I could get my balance straight (it had been years since the last time I had skated), and then I didn’t need the buckets anymore. Super fun and I did not fall. My kid also used the buckets and after a while longer, she was able to move without the extra help. I hope to take my kid at least once, but only when it’s not raining or super freezing.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

That Groupon you sent me was an AMAZNG deal itsallinthepits. WOW. I think I might sign up for lessons.

illbnice
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 1,231
    • Total Posts - 1,284

Has anyone been? I drove by on Saturday. Um…I won’t be going. More power to those that can crowd in a 20×20 ft ice circle surrounded by plywood and railroad tracks and enjoy themselves though.

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

I drive by this rink and just wonder how anyone is even having fun.. They are all crammed together in a small area… guess I was just spoiled growing up in the mountains skating on wide open rivers and lakes.. When I did rink skate around here it was at iceland or in stockton… But It is fun for the little ones that are just learing to skat i’m sure…………

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s bigger than the one in Folsom was I think.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Since I’m laid up, I can’t drive by, so I can only go on what I’ve been told and seen on Facebook. My cousin went when he was staying with me for a few days and loved it. He thought it was awesome that we had an ice skating rink here. My son said every time he drives by, there seem to be a lot of people there. Other friends have gone and enjoyed themselves. People have posted pictures on Facebook and seem to be enjoying themselves. When I was able to drive by, it looked like people were having fun.

After reading a few of the comments above, I felt like I was on EGO again……

sea
    Participant
    • Topics - 107
    • Replies - 3,062
    • Total Posts - 3,169

I disagree with that Raven. I haven’t been by the Ice Rink, but I think it’s good to hear differing opinions. Otherwise – remember – it’s all puppies and rainbows. And that’s BORING!

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

Raven. If my comments were sounding like being on EGO again, Im sorry.. I’m just stating what I feel.. And I feel this rink is mainly for the little ones just starting out and learing how to skate.. This is the perfect spot for them.. AS for myself it is just too crowded… I like my space….

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

The ice skating rink rocks~!!!!!!! Ok, I will be honest though, they needed to scrap the ice more, but I think their machine was down for that. The rink is a good size once you are out there. We went on fri night, and brought 12 people with us, plus all the other people, and we had alot of space. Nobody was running into each other. If people were going slow, you could go around them. I didnt feel it was crowded at all. I am a grateful Elk Grove citizen.

illbnice
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 1,231
    • Total Posts - 1,284

I’m glad it is fun once you are there and on the ice. Driving by, you get a completely different impression.

Raven, really?!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I haven’t been to this ice rink, but as to the crowding issue, I do know from experience the downtown ice rink is literally packed and the kids are like dominoes….one goes down and takes everyone else with him.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Why knock something if you haven’t tried it? Looks can be deceiving. Just like one person tried to tell me there wasn’t any parking…. uhh, drive down Railroad Street.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

And don’t forget, this was going to cause gridlock in old town and traffic jams.

Any rink you go to will be crowded this time of year. You just make your own fun. Kids like it.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

There really is a ton of parking, but the pedestrians should be a bit more careful. I was driving home from Raven’s the other night and almost hit 2 people not paying attention, they both were on their cell phones and another car was coming from the other direction and I had to honk my horn to get their attention. If it had just been one person, I would have considered the source but 2???? Pay attention people, and before you guys bite my head off, yes this cold have happened anywhere:):):)

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I have been by several times. For those using the amenity, it is a great thing. There have been very few folks out there when I have gone by, and I have been there at differing times throughout the day and evening.

My concern remains the same. To get the numbers needed to make this break even would have made it difficult due to traffic and parking. Given the numbers I suspect they are generating, this is a very costly venture for the city. I suspect we are talking a loss of something like $200K to $300K, and that is money that won’t be going to other services and as support to other community needs. So when the city denies support for your pet project, or worse, raises fees again, remember how nice the ice rink was…

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Tom, parking is not an issue. There is plenty of parking.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Plenty of parking.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Raven, I know. That is becuase they are NOT generating the numbers needed to make this thing pay for itself. That was my point… Fewer people, less revenue.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Geez! I give up! I’m on drugs and in a happy place……

bevone
    Participant
    • Topics - 60
    • Replies - 1,071
    • Total Posts - 1,131

Tom’s points echo what have been my concerns all along. Yes I think having an ice skating rink is a neat idea. However in order to get enough skaters to generate the needed revenue it needs to be larger. I used to rollerskate with my kids at Kings Skate and I would not have enjoyed it if people were continually bumping into me due to overcrowding. I probably would have fallen more than I already did LOL! I told my daughter and her DF to go try it and see what they think. They have skated at the midtown rink and she says it is larger than what we have here. I would like to see the rink here again in the future. Hopefully there is a way to reduce the costs so it doesn’t require packing the place with people to break even.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@raven 70605 wrote:

Why knock something if you haven’t tried it? Looks can be deceiving. Just like one person tried to tell me there wasn’t any parking…. uhh, drive down Railroad Street.

Did I knock it? No-I was pointing out that the downtown rink is very also very crowded so that is going to happen if you go to that rink too.

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

I think if the rink was a little bigger it would be much better… I have been skating all my life, On street skates, roller blades and Ice skates.. I will tell you being on a crowded Ice rink with sharp blades flying in the air when people fall is not fun.. I have been cut a couple of times over the years… This rink is great when only a few people are on it.. But the times I have driven by. mostly on the weekends it is pretty full… I’m not knocking it at all. It is a great idea.. There just needs to be more room….Hopefully if they bring it back next year they will make it bigger….

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@newmom 70632 wrote:

Did I knock it? No-I was pointing out that the downtown rink is very also very crowded so that is going to happen if you go to that rink too.

why do you think everything is directed towards you?

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

@raven 70634 wrote:

why do you think everything is directed towards you?

Maybe because you posted right after her without quoting who you were responding to…….

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@raven 70605 wrote:

THIS COMMENT IS DIRECTED TO EVERYBODY THAT WANTS TO KNOCK IT WITHOUT GOING THERE, NOT TO ANY ONE PERSON IN PARTICULAR.

Is that clear now?

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@egdad 70637 wrote:

Maybe because you posted right after her without quoting who you were responding to…….

look at the time of each of our postings. I’m only typing with one hand right now, my left hand, which means I’m typing very very slow……..

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Has anyone who has decided not to go done anything more than a drive by? Have you tried to park? Have you physically looked at the rink? It’s not a hockey rink by any means, but it is good size. We went to Folsom twice 2 years ago and it was very crowed, lack of parking, people were having a great time. Rink was crowded but people were having fun. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but are you making excuses for not going if you have no intention of going anyway? That’s kind of what I see. If you don’t want to go for whatever reason, that’s fine don’t go, but parking, size of rink etc are not the reasons why you are not going because it’s similar in size to downtown. Much, much easier parking and it’s free to park. Also much much closer. My issue would be lack of amenities. Food trucks are cool, but not always there. They kind of need something permanent and stationary. Something that at least sells water and some type of snack food.

Whether it’s a good investment or if the city will come anywhere close to getting money back is a separate issue. I don’t the city will get it’s money back, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad investment. I think the operator should share in the investment. As Detrick said, they have no skin in the game.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

Very good post doc! My 16 year old cousin that went, is from Natomas, and he said that he wished there was a rink there.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

Doc, you are correct that the profit or loss is a separate issue. It is the only one I was speaking to. The parking is a corrolate to both revenue and cost, and was the reason I mentioned either.

I agree that the P/L ratios shouldn’t be the determinant of success, necessarily. The problem with that is that there is NO statement of what constitutes success. No metrics were established (to my knowledge) for either profit or attendance that would help is determining whether this was worth it to the tax-paying citizens. I, personally, would be okay with some cost to the city, if there was some rationale behind it. Right now, all we have is a very large bill with no way of knowing if the cost made sense. Would you accept that in your business?

Actually, I would be fine if the city examined the current numbers and came out with a set of projections that the Council members agreed would make it a success or failure. Something, anything, that would generate some sense of fiscal accountability for the project.

illbnice
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 1,231
    • Total Posts - 1,284

I have decided not to go simply by driving by. Yes, that is true. I drove by on Saturday morning around 11:30. It was very crowded at that particular time. I always find parking in Old Town, so that is not an issue for me. I choose what I would like to spend my money on and that particular rink will not be it. I drove by on my way to another destination, but with the intent to “check out” the rink for a future visit. I am not sure what I expected, but that certainly was not it.

I’m not quite sure I understand the overwhelming need of Doc and Raven to say what I saw with my own eyes…I didn’t actually see…but, I am glad to know each has had or knows people who have had a lovely time.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

I won’t be going until at least Christmas – not sure after that. I have not driven by the location either so I cannot speak to that (and that is why I have not been negative since it was ultimately decided to go ahead with this rink). I hope it has some sort of success (however that is defined).

Elk Grove Park would have been a better location but I will leave that discussion to later in January so as not to divert from the current events.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@illbnice 70685 wrote:

I have decided not to go simply by driving by. Yes, that is true. I drove by on Saturday morning around 11:30. It was very crowded at that particular time. I always find parking in Old Town, so that is not an issue for me. I choose what I would like to spend my money on and that particular rink will not be it. I drove by on my way to another destination, but with the intent to “check out” the rink for a future visit. I am not sure what I expected, but that certainly was not it.

I’m not quite sure I understand the overwhelming need of Doc and Raven to say what I saw with my own eyes…I didn’t actually see…but, I am glad to know each has had or knows people who have had a lovely time.

I’m not saying you didn’t see it. But you didn’t get out and actually check out the rink or see if there was room. To base whether or not you will go on what you saw driving by makes me think you don’t really want to go. There are other hours to go and other days if you want to.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

@illbnice 70685 wrote:

You got me at the part about the plywood. I live practically right there and I watched the rink being built. It’s not made out of plywood. And to be honest, SO WHAT if it’s next to the railroad track! It doesn’t seem to be bothering anybody’s enjoyment of it. The builders made it look very Christmasy.

illbnice
    • Topics - 53
    • Replies - 1,231
    • Total Posts - 1,284

I don’t know what I thought a rent-a-rink would look like, but I think they probably nailed it. Oh Doc, I had every intention of going. But, I wanted to go for “an experience” not to skate just anywhere. The park would have been a lovely setting. If I’m going to pay for something, it is going to be worth my money. I hope it brings enjoyment to many–plywood, railroad tracks, and all. And, most espeically, to you, Raven.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s not the most scenic or best location. The park would have been a great location but its not city owned, and they didn’t have time to put it other places and get permission. It is what it is. They have decorated it some. I think the important thing is that a lot of people who have never been ice skating can now do so. Kids are not going to care about ambience.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I don’t know about ice rinks, but I took my 11 yr old yesterday. During the day around noon is a good time to go. There were only a handful of skaters there. The ice is odd. It is VERY soupy and wet. They tried to squeegy it off a few times, but I didn’t see it doing any good. The people who run the place seemed nice. I don’t know that I’d return though. It is a cool idea, and I love that its local. It needs a shady location so the ice can stay frosty though. You fall once, and you are SOAKED.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.