Pleasant Grove High School student detained for threatening school

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  CJay916 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

As a parent of a student there, certainly not the news I wanted st 9 pm last night. Apparently a freshman at PGHS had been bullied. He made threats on his Instagram account that he would shoot up the school. EGPD and EGUSD were notified and took swift action. We received a text, email and voice call from the EGUSD. I was made aware of the threat earlier in the evening by someone who messaged me a screen shot of the posts through the EGLF Facebook page. So when we received the alerts from EGUSD we weren’t surprised. My son knows who the kid is. Let’s hope he gets the help he needs.

http://elkgrovelagunanews.com/2016/10/03/student-at-pleasant-grove-high-school-detained-for-making-threat-toward-school/

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Very scary and very sad, and a perfect example of why guns need to be secured in a gun safe that only the adults have access to. Clearly this kid is angry, hurting, and in serious trouble, and his parents had no idea he was feeling like this. A kid like that having access to guns could have been tragic for everyone. Thank goodness he posted and people paid attention and alerted the authorities and a potentially devastating situation was avoided.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

This is why our kids are not on social media and won’t be anytime soon. Facebook wouldn’t be as bad. Instagram and Twitter are awful for kids. I see no value in that at all. Just the comments, terrible grammar, profanity and use of the N word as part of their every day vocabulary.

CJay916
    Participant
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

@EGL Admin 127889 wrote:

As a parent of a student there, certainly not the news I wanted st 9 pm last night. Apparently a freshman at PGHS had been bullied. He made threats on his Instagram account that he would shoot up the school. EGPD and EGUSD were notified and took swift action. We received a text, email and voice call from the EGUSD. I was made aware of the threat earlier in the evening by someone who messaged me a screen shot of the posts through the EGLF Facebook page. So when we received the alerts from EGUSD we weren’t surprised. My son knows who the kid is. Let’s hope he gets the help he needs.

http://elkgrovelagunanews.com/2016/10/03/student-at-pleasant-grove-high-school-detained-for-making-threat-toward-school/

I feel the police services at EGUSD works well with local law enforcement and the school administration to get to the bottom of any threat whether real or not. I also like that the school is upfront and forward about these potential threats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy