fbpx
Advertisements

Police investigate apparent suicide at Maita Chevrolet dealership in Elk Grove

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Aggies49 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

How terribly sad – this is happening now:

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-sacramento/man-shot-to-death-at-maita-chevrolet-dealership-in-elk-grove/32471280?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_campaign=KCRA%203%20-%20KCRA3&Content%20Type=Story&linkId=13663163

ELK GROVE, Calif. (KCRA) —A deadly shooting took place at the Maita Chevrolet dealership in Elk Grove on Monday afternoon, police said.
    The victim is a man, according to the Elk Grove Police Department.

Officers said they’re investigating the incident as an apparent suicide following a dispute.

Just after 2 p.m., officers learned of someone armed with a gun at the dealership, at 9650 Auto Center Drive.

A worker appeared to be repossessing a vehicle when he was confronted by an individual in the parking area, police said.

When officers arrived to investigate, they were directed to the man who had brandished the handgun.

The man then ran inside the dealership, toward a back elevator.

When Elk Grove police entered the building, they heard a gunshot. Officers rounded a corner and found a body.

It’s not clear who died.

Police are in the early stages of their investigation. They’re not sure of the person’s motive.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Wow!

Hmmmm thing is that the guy is driving a ford and not a chevy.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

That’s what I was trying to figure out also? Dealerships usually hire a company. I thought maybe he followed the tow truck company to the dealership?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Maybe he purchased a used vehicle from the dealership? Regardless, how sad and scary for everyone.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

True, but I’m wondering why he went to Chevy, unless he was dropping something off. Don’t think we will know the full story since the guy has passed.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Or he worked at the Chevy dealership but owned the Ford.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@newmom 109927 wrote:

Or he worked at the Chevy dealership but owned the Ford.

That was my first thought. Maybe he was an employee who didn’t pay his truck payment so the repo company came to his job to get the car. I’m sure there were customers in there getting work done on their cars, probably scared for their life.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

There is a little more information coming out from the EG Citizen: http://egcitizen.com/articles/2015/04/20/news/doc55358bc8364d9324353414.txt

A man who wanted to be anonymous for this story told the Citizen that the gunman was distraught over a bounced check that he paid for the truck, and he tried to trade the vehicle in at dealerships at the auto mall. He was also apparently distraught over his wife leaving him.

The source said that gunman pulled out a weapon and walked away, causing the repossession agent to call the police. He said that he did not witness the shooting that happened inside the dealership. The source mentioned his surprise.

Aggies49
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 119
    • Total Posts - 124

@scarlet 109950 wrote:

There is a little more information coming out from the EG Citizen: http://egcitizen.com/articles/2015/04/20/news/doc55358bc8364d9324353414.txt

A man who wanted to be anonymous for this story told the Citizen that the gunman was distraught over a bounced check that he paid for the truck, and he tried to trade the vehicle in at dealerships at the auto mall. He was also apparently distraught over his wife leaving him.

The source said that gunman pulled out a weapon and walked away, causing the repossession agent to call the police. He said that he did not witness the shooting that happened inside the dealership. The source mentioned his surprise.

If that’s true, sounds like the guy hit his breaking point. How sad.

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

Sad.

Gotta love how the news leads this though. They did it on the radio too. “Man dead in Elk Grove shooting” while technically accurate doesn’t present an honest snapshot. Ugh.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I agree. The blurb I saw said “deadly shooting”. That made it sound like it was a murder.

It’s too bad that people think that everything is bad that they would rather end it all. A lot of people go through bad times and hit the bottom and end up coming out the other side a stronger person. Sometimes you just have to ask for help.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

^True. It is very sad what happend to this guy.

I was thinking at first that he was trying to trade in his truck.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

How sad!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.