fbpx

Roofer needed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ila 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Looking for someone to replace broken tiles on my roof. Any suggestions?

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I have several squirrels that do pretty well running around my roof… Don’t know if they do tile. I will ask them.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Ila, any experienced handyman can do that, especially if the roof is walkable. If it’s lightweight concrete tile and not walkable you just have to make it clear the work has to be done from a ladder or a lift. You really don’t need a dedicated roofer for that–it’s a $100-$300 job for a few tiles, assuming a lift is not needed.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

I have the tallest house in Elk Grove, hahaha, but the last roofer was able to get up there, and my handy man did recommend a roofer because of the height of my house. So you think a handyman could deal with this?

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Well, skill wise yes, but if your house is that tall it may require a lift that will hold some tiles as well as the worker. Your handyman probably didn’t want to deal with that, understandable. You can probably find some one off or small company that has some references that will be fine. Do it now, don’t wait until the fall–that is their busiest season and you’ll pay for that.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

No kidding, we are in the process of doing major house fixing, tree pulling and replanting non structure ruining trees, house painting, dry rot fixing, our house has become a money pitt!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I think a handyman doesn’t want the liability of dealing with it and maybe cracking some tiles. It some of those things where you’re doing something you shouldn’t and then you end up with a bigger hassle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy