fbpx

Should 15 year old who killed Santa Cruz girl be tried as an adult?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gearshark23 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

The DA will be deciding that soon. Obviously the kid has some serious issues. I can’t imagine why a 15 year old would kill an 8 year old girl. You hate to see a kid be put in prison for life at such a young age and you know that chances are that if he ever gets out that the time in prison will have hardened him so that he will not be a good member of society. He has to do some serious time for this either way. He’s old enough to know better unless he has some other issues mentally that would preclude him from understanding what he did.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

That’s like the story about those 12 year olds (think they were 12) that commited a murder and were released yesterday.

People today.. Sucks to see a kid put away, but I’m pretty sure he knew what he was doing, let him rot…. but that’s just my opinion.

phlaw
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 25
    • Total Posts - 25

Charge him as an adult and if the death penalty applies go for it. And to derail the thread, either start applying the death penalty in a timely manner or do away with it completely. It is only a deterrent if it is used in a vigorous manner. I would be interested in a polling of young adults, 18 to 23, eliciting their opinion of the death penalty as it currently stands. I think it would be illuminating.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

The 15 year old should be taken out and shot in the back of the head. He is a sexual predator, and there is no rehabilitation. Save everyone a boatload of money right now. I volunteer to pull the trigger.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Tom,

I wanted to say the same thing, but didn’t want anyone jumping on me for saying it.

*slow clap*

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

Was the little girl sexually abused by the 15 year old?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Some reports are saying the was raped, but I don’t know if that was said officially. If it turns out she was raped and killed purposely, then yes, try him as an adult.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@tomwaltman 115539 wrote:

The 15 year old should be taken out and shot in the back of the head. He is a sexual predator, and there is no rehabilitation. Save everyone a boatload of money right now. I volunteer to pull the trigger.

I’m okay with that too.

phlaw
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 25
    • Total Posts - 25

So if she was raped and killed on purpose then try him as a adult? I don’t get that reasoning. He killed her. Try him as an adult and sentence him to die. And while you’re at it, her parents should sue his family. They won’t get anything monetarily, but they sure could make their lives a living hell for the remainder of their days for spawning such a creature.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I was talking with my dad last night about the case, now retired, he worked homicide for many years. In cases like this most likely she was sexually assaulted and then killed. It’s his way of getting some kind of forgiveness or that it didn’t happen. He should be charged as an adult, but i don’t think he can get the death penalty because of his age, even if there are special circumstances

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

http://www.kcra.com/news/15yearold-charged-as-adult-in-santa-cruz-girl-killing/34422786

The boy has been identified and will be charged as an adult.

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

Thank god!!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@phlaw 115549 wrote:

So if she was raped and killed on purpose then try him as a adult? I don’t get that reasoning. He killed her. Try him as an adult and sentence him to die. And while you’re at it, her parents should sue his family. They won’t get anything monetarily, but they sure could make their lives a living hell for the remainder of their days for spawning such a creature.

Yes.

@scarlet 115551 wrote:

I was talking with my dad last night about the case, now retired, he worked homicide for many years. In cases like this most likely she was sexually assaulted and then killed. It’s his way of getting some kind of forgiveness or that it didn’t happen. He should be charged as an adult, but i don’t think he can get the death penalty because of his age, even if there are special circumstances

Yup sexually assaulted.. He won’t last in prison.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@phlaw 115549 wrote:

Is this in response to my post?
    I still haven’t seen anything official about a cause of death, although many reports say strangulation. If, by some chance, all these are wrong and something happened like they were goofing around and she hit her head, that is a different story. However, if she was raped and strangled or her death was any way other than some cray accident (doubtful at this point) then yes, try him as an adult.

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

He threw her in the recycling bin. She was found in the recycling bin.

Who does that.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Sources say that the murder suspect, Adrian Jerry Gonzalaz, 15, who has been charged as adult with the girl’s murder, duct taped Middleton then raped, strangled and stabbed her.

He will not be sentenced to death because it is not applicable to minors, even if they are charged as adults. He will spend life in prison.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Crazy people do.

If Tom’s willing to pull the trigger, then so be it. Kill the kid.

EGdonald
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 176
    • Total Posts - 177

since it seems that people are okay with casting him off into the fire… can we at least run a psychological dissection of this kid?
    I honestly think there should be some investment into these types of “psychotic” behaviors, and when the guilty has been given a death penalty, they should first be analyzed to collect “data” or a “behavioral” analysis to see what exactly is firing in that brain, or perhaps what upbringing/environment has brought this person to such a level of disregard.

I would almost find it a waste of opportunity.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

I’d be inclined to agree, but there isn’t much science to be done if that’s what you are after. Human experimentation usually isn’t allowed without consent. While some might be willing to strip him of his life, I doubt many will strip him of what’s left of his humanity.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.