fbpx

So Giants Fans, What Do You Think?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  loonyman 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

Tough loss, but totally expected. I don’t think anyone was surprised by the come from behind win by the Cubs in the 9th. The Giants relief pitching has been horrendous since the break. Gotta give it up to the Cubs though, they’re playing great ball and may just break the curse this year.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

The closers should be on the next train to an undisclosed destination for their personal safety. I’m not so sure that Bochy shouldn’t be far behind.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

I’d say Sabean should be the center of focus more so than Bochy. Had the Giants considered Miller or Chapman, things would have most likely been much different for them this season. Until they invest in a solid reliever/closer, we’ll continue to see blown opportunities.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Saw my first major league game ever this year. Free tickets to a Dodgers game. It was on the day the Dodgers caught up to the Giants.
    From what everyone around me was saying, the Giants need a bullpen replacement and not just a closer.

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

I think it’s obvious to even the “Casual” baseball fan that the bullpen needs improvement but there are a few more areas, a power hitting outfielder and a few more bats off the bench. I don’t know of any serious baseball fan who thinks Bochy should go. If you look at the season in its entirety they won the most one run ballgame in the first half in both leagues so it didn’t surprise me when they had such a poor second half. I knew they couldn’t keep that up. The fact that they made it this far into the playoffs and played as well as they did against the Cubs was huge. The Cubs should win it all, but you never know in baseball. My voice is still recovering from Monday’s game, probably the most exciting game I’ve ever seen. When the Giants won, a lot of the Cubs fans were in tears. If the Giants had held on yesterday there would have been a lot of nervous fans in Chicago for game 5.

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

@divotmaker 127951 wrote:

I’d say Sabean should be the center of focus more so than Bochy. Had the Giants considered Miller or Chapman, things would have most likely been much different for them this season. Until they invest in a solid reliever/closer, we’ll continue to see blown opportunities.

They did consider Miller and Chapman, but the Yankees wanted too much in return for both, prospect wise. Can’t completely ruin the farm system in order to get one or two pieces every year. The Cubs were all-in this year so they gave the Yankees what they wanted for Chapman. If they win it all, it was a good move. The Yankees are actually in a good position the next few years because of the prospects they got from both trades (and a couple of others) and just fell a few games short of a Wild-Card themselves.

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

I had to re-fresh my memory-The Yankees wanted Joe Panik included in a deal for Andrew Miller and the Giants decided that was too high. Chapman is a “Rental” (Free agent at the end of the season) so unless the Cubs can resign him it will be a high price for a few months. And if you remember the Dodgers almost traded for him last year but balked after his domestic violence charges.

DivotMaker
    Participant
    • Topics - 263
    • Replies - 1,112
    • Total Posts - 1,375

32 blown saves. Enough said.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

The Giants have a number of needs. Bullpen, starters, better hitting. They could win 70 or 90 games next year. Wouldn’t be surprised either way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy