fbpx

Super Bowl & half time show

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  specialkck 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’ll start with the half time show. I thought it was okay. I thought the sound was bad. You could barely hear the vocals. Cold Play is a decent band, but I don’t think they are the type to put on a show. Bruno Mars is more of an entertainer. He can dance. Beyonce, I don’t know. I don’t get the outfits she wears. Seems like the same one every time. The one that is cut really high and shows her hips. I don’t think it’s flattering. Why not just wear a skirt. The backup dancers were wearing shorts. The show itself is probably too short to really make it that great and I think the expectations are always too high. I do think it’s better than what they were doing a few years ago with the half dead rockers. I think something more modern is better.

The game itself was a dud. Both defenses dominated. Both offenses looked pretty bad. Denver’s defense was great. They hit Newton all night long. I think Newton needed to get a dose of humility. He had a great season and I think was getting a little cocky. When you only lose one game all year I think you forget what that is like. I was happy to see Manning go out a winner. He didn’t do much of anything. Pretty sure he is going to retire. I hope he does. He’s been playing with smoke and mirrors this year. End it like Elway did with Super Bowl win. He doesn’t need the money or anything else.

specialkck
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I thought the half time show was a dud! ColdPlay can’t keep your attention so they bring in Bruno Mars ans Beyonce.
    Lady Gaga was amazing singing the National Anthem. Best ever!

saramarshall
    Participant
    • Topics - 10
    • Replies - 214
    • Total Posts - 224

I agree!!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Gaga was indeed amazing with our anthem. It was actually emotional… loved the cheers when they showed the troops at attention.

Bruno is indeed an real entertainer…. Been impressed with him since he came on the scene…

And yes.. too bad the audio was so bad…. need to fire the sound guy.. LOL

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Didn’t recognize the 1st person that came on stage, my kids and doc told me whom it was. I don’t know. I like to be positive. It was cool. Bruno is so small, and I was laughing when my daughter was all gooey eye at him. It seemed short.

The game itself was not very exciting. No rough play, (not that I want that to happen ), but both teams were good, and not much action. I was just glad for those 2 touch downs Bronco. You made my day 😉

Gaga was too amazing and great, and shows so much talent with her vocals!! I was well pleased!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I thought the game and halftime were pretty boring, but I’m not much of a football fan. Nice for Manning though.

I’ve been reading today about people outraged about Beyonce’s performance. It didn’t bother me at all. Curious what others thought of it.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Didn’t bother me because I couldn’t understand it due to poor audio.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Beyonce made an X with her girl dancers in black caps. You can make it into something. Maybe there was something behind it, or maybe it was just an X. Shrug.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

I have been reading on FB about how she used it as a political platform about “black lives matter” I didn’t see any of it so I have no idea if its true. And I don’t give a damn.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

The game was great if you like watching a defense do what it is supposed to do.
    I do.

Way too many points are scored in typical games.
    Every team owner should look at SB50 as a wake up call.
    Good defense snuffs out offensive investments like a candle facing a gale.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Supposedly her performance and the video of her new song have to do with the 50th anniversary of the Black Panther party. Police are critical of her new video saying it is anti-police. My issue was more with her outfit. She’s an attractive woman, but every time I have seen her she is wearing the same type of outfit and it’s not flattering for her at all.

I predict they try to get Maroon 5 or Taylor Swift for next year.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

12 times the #1 defense has been in the Super Bowl and 10 times they have won. A good defense usually stops a good offense. I’ve always liked defense more. I would rather watch a 17-14 game than a 41-38 game.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

@EGL Admin 124059 wrote:

Supposedly her performance and the video of her new song have to do with the 50th anniversary of the Black Panther party. Police are critical of her new video saying it is anti-police. My issue was more with her outfit. She’s an attractive woman, but every time I have seen her she is wearing the same type of outfit and it’s not flattering for her at all.

I predict they try to get Maroon 5 or Taylor Swift for next year.

Yes, their outfits-the black with the berets, the afros, the X formation,…
    I don’t care either. It’s supposed to be entertainment, and I’m not their demographic.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

I thought Cold Play was the halftime show. Lol

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@bainc 124072 wrote:

I thought Cold Play was the halftime show. Lol

No that was the play of the QB’s in the game. 🙂

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

The haftime show is only about getting NON-football fans interested in the game. It has gone down hill the last decade.

Although I don’t hate Cam as others do, he is obviously a great payer and will succeed in the NFL, but I LOVE when cocky players get dominated. Then they sit at the press conference after the game and have NOTHING to say with their sad baby face. HAHA! All talk during the playoffs and now… Nothing to say. Stay humble and you won’t have that problem/

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I agree. I don’t dislike Newton. He’s been a little too cocky. When he didn’t go for that fumble, he was a beaten man. He didn’t want to fight for it. That’s not a leader. He’s the MVP. They got outplayed and out coached.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

I don’t mind him not going for that fumble. It looked to me like there where enough people in the pile that it would be sorted out without him. Of course, that’s when the ball squirted out. I’m not sure his participation would have stopped that, though.

He looked exhausted at the end of the first half. He wasn’t quite beaten, but it sure looked to me like his confidence had been broken. He knew they were in trouble. The sign that he was beaten came from the Denver side. They ran the ball and didn’t give a damn about anything except the game clock. They knew their D had him closed down and confidently let the O do 3-and-outs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy