fbpx
Advertisements

The Great Christmas Light Fight..

This topic contains 64 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wolf10851 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

We now know for sure that we will be on Dec 21st. Not sure whether it will be the first or second episode that night..

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Can’t wait!!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Thanks Plasma….we will make sure to tune in! What a great thing you have done and you put EG on the map doing it too. 🙂

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We will watch!

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

Do we get to call in to vote? ����

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@wildoates 120299 wrote:

Do we get to call in to vote? ����

Nope.. they have long ago decided the winners.. But you won’t know until the end of that show.. 4 families go head to head in each show. They do 2 shows a night, Dec 7th, 14th, and 21st. It is not a winner take all in the end of the season. Each show has one winner and that is it’s own contest.

We are going up against families from other states.

BTW, it is on ABC. Channel 10 here in Sacramento..

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I can’t wait for my family to watch it! I will defiantly ask my fb friends to watch it, when we get closer to the date. Very Cool!

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I don’t watch TV, so I don’t know if you can even get the station without satellite.

I’m sure I can. I do HAVE a TV, but it pretty much only gets used through the Apple TV for Netflix, Pandora, and Doctor Who. 3, 10, and 13 are still free, right?

I really have no idea!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@wildoates 120336 wrote:

I don’t watch TV, so I don’t know if you can even get the station without satellite.

I’m sure I can. I do HAVE a TV, but it pretty much only gets used through the Apple TV for Netflix, Pandora, and Doctor Who. 3, 10, and 13 are still free, right?

I really have no idea!

Channel 10 in the Sacramento area.. ABC is the network

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

@plasmadrive 120339 wrote:

Channel 10 in the Sacramento area.. ABC is the network

I’ll figure it out…I’m a highly intelligent and trained education professional, right?

Right?

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@wildoates 120340 wrote:

I’ll figure it out…I’m a highly intelligent and trained education professional, right?

Right?

Rumors.. just Rumors… :sarcastic

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

@plasmadrive 120341 wrote:

Rumors.. just Rumors… :sarcastic

Chortle!

Of course, I just realized that I won’t even be in the country on the 21st, so I hope it will be available online in January!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I saw something about this last night while watching Charlie Brown before I read this thread and told my wife hmmm this looks interesting we will have to watch.

We wanted to come out last week, but with all 4 of us just barely getting rid of this cold, we didn’t want to go out and make it worst.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Ok.. for those that think MY display is over the top.. I have been intentionally keeping mine small… you have no idea “what is out there” till you see this… :bowdown:

Very creative and artistic “stuff”. Can’t wait to start watching the shows starting tomorrow..

https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatChristmasLightFight?_rdr=p

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

We watched it last night. Christmas felt alive over the tv. Cant wait for your house to come on !

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Some of those are crazy huh? Can’t wait for the neighborhood ones.. Those will rock.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

FYI watching it tonight. Plasma’s house you can see in the beginning credits. Also don’t forget it’s next Monday and I believe he will be the first house at 8PM according to the website.

Episode 305” December 21– (8:00-9:00 p.m., EST) Four festive families from across the country showcase their spectacular displays of Christmas magic, including the Nelson family’s specially converted RGB “star flakes,” hand-built plasma icicles and thousands of lights that illuminate the sky in Elk Grove, CA;

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

Yay! Can’t wait to see Plasma’s house. Looking forward to the episode airing! I’ve got it on my calendar! Thanks for posting the teaser gearshark!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@gearshark23 121750 wrote:

FYI watching it tonight. Plasma’s house you can see in the beginning credits. Also don’t forget it’s next Monday and I believe he will be the first house at 8PM according to the website.

Episode 305” December 21– (8:00-9:00 p.m., EST) Four festive families from across the country showcase their spectacular displays of Christmas magic, including the Nelson family’s specially converted RGB “star flakes,” hand-built plasma icicles and thousands of lights that illuminate the sky in Elk Grove, CA;

Where did you find this? I haven’t watch last nights episode yet.. well, not all of it.. just pieces and parts.. I guess I will have to sit and watch the entire thing tonight..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@birdofparadise 121756 wrote:

Yay! Can’t wait to see Plasma’s house. Looking forward to the episode airing! I’ve got it on my calendar! Thanks for posting the teaser gearshark!

:thumb

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@plasmadrive 121769 wrote:

Where did you find this? I haven’t watch last nights episode yet.. well, not all of it.. just pieces and parts.. I guess I will have to sit and watch the entire thing tonight..

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-THE-GREAT-CHRISTMAS-LIGHT-FIGHT-on-ABC-Monday-December-21-2015-20151208

If you blink you will miss your house in the beginning credits, but they show it at least 3 times.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Thanks.. that’s cool. I will have to look at the TiVo tonight for the video..

govwatcher
    Participant
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 238
    • Total Posts - 250

I will set the DVR just in case I become a space cadet and miss it. Congrats Plasma!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@govwatcher 121806 wrote:

I will set the DVR just in case I become a space cadet and miss it. Congrats Plasma!

Thanks!

Mahea
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

How exciting. I went on Tuesday to beat the crowd Before the show airs and the rain comes. Im watching the show to see the work that goes into your display. There are awesome houses on this show and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2017 although we will miss the display next year.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@mahea 122100 wrote:

How exciting. I went on Tuesday to beat the crowd Before the show airs and the rain comes. Im watching the show to see the work that goes into your display. There are awesome houses on this show and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2017 although we will miss the display next year.

Thanks.. some of those houses are what they do are just unreal. Most people have no idea the amount of time and work that goes into doing even my small display. I can only imagine those big ones. The neighborhood episode was awesome. Some of the “gingerbread” that went around them was a bit over the top, but it was great to see not only the creativity, but the neighborhood getting together to make others happy with their labors of love. For me it was inspiring to say the least.

I can’t wait to see what they did to our episode. Tens of hours of video edited down to minutes… Hopefully they will do us good..

Shneen
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 18

I can’t find the page with the days and hours you have set up for viewing your display this year. Could you remind me please? I want to come out and see them once again. 🙂 Thanks

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Sure.. Tue and Thur 5:30pm to 9pm and Sat till 10pm. Those are the only three days for the animated display.. Except Christmas. We decided we will run Friday Christmas night. After all, it is all about Christmas…

Karen
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 504
    • Total Posts - 519

Just watched the show on tv and recognized your display right away! It was amazing!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@karen 122364 wrote:

Just watched the show on tv and recognized your display right away! It was amazing!

Thank you.. but do how did you do that? Do you get the east coast feed? NO fair.. LOL

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I think she lives on the East Coast.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

Really? I thought most everyone here was local.. well see what I know.. ha ha..

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

It’s almost 5 AM here in Kristiansand, Norway, so I’ll have to check back later to see how the episode was! I don’t think I’ll get it on TV here. :doom:

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Watching….

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Watching now.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

On now!!!!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I see you Craig!!!!

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

Two segments!

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

The jacket is a nice piece I never knew you had that.

Amazing!!

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

“I think my jacket is running out of power”. Lol

Mahea
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

What great houses tonight. I appreciate your display even more. Thanks

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Great job! You were funny and engaging and clearly moved her. Well done!

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

Craig you’re a superstar! GREAT job with the filming, cool jacket dude :-). Fascinating career you’ve had, now we all get to enjoy your knowledge. Thanks so much for having us out, what a great time. Merry Christmas!

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Great Job! We all sat down and watched together, great show!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

My sons were thrilled they could be seen. Craig, your home had style! The others were very bright, but style wins in my book. 🙂

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

They were all great. Hard to choose just one.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I hope it’s on the innerwebs later!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

“They were all great. Hard to choose just one.”

The winner had the heartstrings pulling “story” too.

Karen
    • Topics - 15
    • Replies - 504
    • Total Posts - 519

@plasmadrive 122365 wrote:

Thank you.. but do how did you do that? Do you get the east coast feed? NO fair.. LOL

I moved back east a couple years ago. One of the many things I miss is the wonderful Christmas displays. The good ones in my area are a few strings of lights on the roof. I guess it’s harder to put up more than that when its too cold to feel your fingers.

Really though, your display is amazing and it was neat to see some of the behind the scenes work that goes into it.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

One of my favorites of the night was the one with the animatronic displays, with the DJ, Santa and the snowman. That was pretty cool. They were all great. So much work.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@EGL Admin 122396 wrote:

One of my favorites of the night was the one with the animatronic displays, with the DJ, Santa and the snowman. That was pretty cool. They were all great. So much work.

That one is really good. Mike puts in an unbelievable amount of work on his display. Most people don’t realize how much time, effort and $$ goes into a display like his. I have been looking at doing animatronics for 2017 but after seeing his showed last night, I may be a bit late to that party.. LOL

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@karen 122395 wrote:

I moved back east a couple years ago. One of the many things I miss is the wonderful Christmas displays. The good ones in my area are a few strings of lights on the roof. I guess it’s harder to put up more than that when its too cold to feel your fingers.

Really though, your display is amazing and it was neat to see some of the behind the scenes work that goes into it.

AAaaahhh.. so you are back east! There are a lot of great displays even in the snow…. but I am glad I don’t live back there…. I would find a warm fire rather than put up lights I think.. ha ha..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 122394 wrote:

“They were all great. Hard to choose just one.”

The winner had the heartstrings pulling “story” too.

Yeah.. the heartstrings are a tough one.. but he works really hard on his display. I am good with the pick..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@kindrlindr 122389 wrote:

My sons were thrilled they could be seen. Craig, your home had style! The others were very bright, but style wins in my book. 🙂

Thanks Kindr.. and thanks for coming out to support us.

They did some “creative editing” with some of our conversations.. but that was cool.. I loved the video, I just wish I could get a hold of a lot they didn’t show for our selves..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@scarlet 122387 wrote:

Great Job! We all sat down and watched together, great show!

Thanks.. nice family time!

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@lc 122385 wrote:

Craig you’re a superstar! GREAT job with the filming, cool jacket dude :-). Fascinating career you’ve had, now we all get to enjoy your knowledge. Thanks so much for having us out, what a great time. Merry Christmas!

Thank you LC. The editing made it sound like I was about twice my age.. LOL. I have had a fun go around in life.. It is always my pleasure to share..

BTW, my first Drama instructor came to visit us the other day. I have not seen nor heard from him in over 40 years, until about a month ago. He was very much into the technical aspect of theater and lighting until he retired and he said I was the one that pushed him hard in that direction all those years ago.. Wow.. that was a choke me up moment..

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@newmom 122384 wrote:

Great job! You were funny and engaging and clearly moved her. Well done!

Thank you newmom.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@mahea 122383 wrote:

What great houses tonight. I appreciate your display even more. Thanks

There were indeed a lot of great displays last night. So many man hours of work for passion.. Mine was small potatoes compared to most.

Thank you for the kind words

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@wildoates 122371 wrote:

It’s almost 5 AM here in Kristiansand, Norway, so I’ll have to check back later to see how the episode was! I don’t think I’ll get it on TV here. :doom:

Oh no.. did you ever find it? It will be on the web soon I believe.. May have to wait till you return.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@gearshark23 122381 wrote:

The jacket is a nice piece I never knew you had that.

Amazing!!

Thanks… it is radio controlled from the lawn area… works with all the other lights to the music. I wear it when I go out to greet guest and help with traffic.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

@plasmadrive 122405 wrote:

Oh no.. did you ever find it? It will be on the web soon I believe.. May have to wait till you return.

I think it will, but that’s okay. I guess I have some small price to pay for being in Norway at Christmas!

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

I thought it was a funny coincidence that one of the houses you were up against last night was from Strongsville, OH. I lived in Strongsville for 13 months when I was really little, before moving to CA in Kindergarten. I don’t remember my house number (I was only 5 or so) but I remember my street name.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

@newmom 122410 wrote:

I thought it was a funny coincidence that one of the houses you were up against last night was from Strongsville, OH. I lived in Strongsville for 13 months when I was really little, before moving to CA in Kindergarten. I don’t remember my house number (I was only 5 or so) but I remember my street name.

Small world huh? But I wouldn’t want to paint it.. unless of course, it was with light! :thumb

norules
    Participant
    • Topics - 91
    • Replies - 530
    • Total Posts - 621

Finally watched the episode with the family. It was amazing to see the work and effort from the competitors. Yes, you are not over the top with your display compared to the others. Just the amount of creativity and precision from everybody was amazing. I liked the engineer in you explaining the electronics and your wife was funny making the hand gesture over her head. Ha ha.

wolf10851
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

The episode can be watched online at http://abc.go.com/shows/the-great-christmas-light-fight I was surprised and had to do a double take when they said there was a house from Elk Grove on the show! It really was great to see a local house on the show last night! It would be great to see it in person but unfortunately I work nights plus I don’t know where in EG your house is (I am assuming from the show last night though that you might be in the Grant Line area

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

@wolf10851 122454 wrote:

The episode can be watched online at http://abc.go.com/shows/the-great-christmas-light-fight I was surprised and had to do a double take when they said there was a house from Elk Grove on the show! It really was great to see a local house on the show last night! It would be great to see it in person but unfortunately I work nights plus I don’t know where in EG your house is (I am assuming from the show last night though that you might be in the Grant Line area

Sheldon/Bond and Bader…

I believe he is closer to Bond though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.