fbpx

This week’s Avatar game, August 8

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jusme 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I don’t know if we have done this one yet. This week let’s go with your favorite food or meal.

This is probably one of my favorites, steak, mashed potatoes, gravy. I actually like roast with that instead of steak, but this is good too.

Raven
    • Topics - 202
    • Replies - 2,442
    • Total Posts - 2,644

It’s a toss up between Seafood Gumbo or Shrimp Scampi. For now I went with the Gumbo. It’s expensive to make and I haven’t made it in awhile. Damn! Now I want some!!!

Toolmaann
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 71
    • Total Posts - 80

Not that In n’ Out does them perfect, but I love a good cheeseburger, fries, and shake. Matter of fact, it would be my last meal on this earth, should I ever get that choice… :biggrin:

lakesidebull
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 784
    • Total Posts - 807

I miss the school lunches back from grade school. Mystery meat Monday. Yum!

eireton
    Participant
    • Topics - 105
    • Replies - 367
    • Total Posts - 472

Campfire Trout with lemon juice… (Limit 5 per day…)

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

I LOVE Prime Rib…

jusme
    Participant
    • Topics - 258
    • Replies - 800
    • Total Posts - 1,058

SF style Cioppino with Dungeness crab!! Yummy!!

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I gotta be meeeeee…

Murph
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 15
    • Total Posts - 19

Jim Gaffigan said it best: “I bet if you put bacon bits on bacon, you could go back in time. Of course, I’d just go back to when I was eating bacon!”

Cmireflection
    • Topics - 19
    • Replies - 426
    • Total Posts - 445

Bbq Chicken & Bbq Corn

superior
    • Topics - 66
    • Replies - 1,608
    • Total Posts - 1,674

Smoked Baby Back ribs, a few sides, and a Mondo sized Ice cold Blue Moon to warsh it all down 🙂

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Mmm… salmon. Cooked or raw I don’t really care. I’ll skip desert for more salmon.

superior
    • Topics - 66
    • Replies - 1,608
    • Total Posts - 1,674

Al,

Do you prefer your salmon grilled or smoked?

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

Both. It’s salmon. 8)

I’ve been eating it grilled lately and as sushi as that limits the calorie intake for me.
    I have a hard time wanting to stop, but the expense takes care of that for me.

I think I would actually choose salmon over chocolate. It’s a close thing, but the fish would win (or lose depending on your perspective.)

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I had probably the worst meal I have had in a long time last night. It wasn’t in Elk Grove. We went out for dinner and I ordered a steak sandwich. Sounded kind of good. Cheese, tomato, mushrooms, onions. I guess I didn’t read the description well enough. It also had 1000 island dressing, which I don’t mind cold, but not warmed up over the food. The cheese, the 1000 island and the mushrooms all mixed together was just not good. I ended up eating the meat, but that was it. Three of us ordered the same thing. Another person felt the same as me. The third one liked it, but only ate half of it. While we there the table next to us ordered it as well. I was tempted to tell them not. There was just too much going on with the sandwich. If I had asked for it plain, no sauce I may have liked it, not sure.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Steak sandwich really only needs steak seasoned, grilled onions and mushrooms, save the rest for the salad on the side

superior
    • Topics - 66
    • Replies - 1,608
    • Total Posts - 1,674

I tend to agree with Scarlet on this one. Where did you guys eat dinner Doc?

My favorite for a killer steak sandwich is Jamies Bar & Grill (427 Broadway) Which just happens to serve THE BeST French Dip that I have EVER come across.
    They use thinly sliced Smoked prime Rib. Worth every penny of the $15.99 price tag, if you are lucky enough to find it not sold out.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I’m not giving names because that goes against what I believe about talking about businesses. This is just as much my fault because there are things I don’t like on a sandwich. I was thinking it was steak, bread, cheese, onions, like I have had many times before. I can count on one hand the times I didn’t eat a meal out. It’s really rare. I’m kind of picky and I stick to what I know I like, I don’t experiment too much. I still have that taste in my mouth I think. I hate some bread after dinner, some chocolate. I have to gargle some listerine or something I guess!

Murph
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 15
    • Total Posts - 19

You can’t have a serious conversation about steak sandwiches and NOT mention the Club Pheasant in West Sac. Awesome good.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

I love the all American hamburger.

LLovett
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 148
    • Total Posts - 160

@murph 17710 wrote:

You can’t have a serious conversation about steak sandwiches and NOT mention the Club Pheasant in West Sac. Awesome good.

I thought of them immediately when I read steak sandwich! Sadly, I went there about six months ago after not going for six or seven years and was disappointed. Did I just have a bad experience? I’m hoping it was just an off night or something ‘cuz their steak sandwich was always amazing, yet soooo simple!

LLovett
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 148
    • Total Posts - 160

Oh HECK!!! I just realized that this is still the Avatar Game thread and I haven’t changed mine since the one where Raven was Barbie. I SWEAR mermaids aren’t my favorite food group!!! Although I do LOVE sushi!!! 😉

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I like mermaids. Um, nevermind…no real good outcome there.

n8trlovr
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 204
    • Total Posts - 210

This is an easy one. I love me some BBQ pork ribs & a side of either mac n’ cheese or potato salad and a slice of garlic bread. My tummy may hurt afterwards, but I can deal with it!
    Top it all off with a tall glass of lemonade, and I am good to go.
    -Nature

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

n8trlovr…Have you tried that rib place on Power Inn & Elder Creek called “MACQUE’S Bar-B-Que”?? OMG, OMG!!!:love:it!! (sorry llovett, had to steal it for this). It doesn’t look like a restaurant from passing by so you just have to sniff the air to find it, hahaha!
    8101 Elder Creek Rd. 916-381-4119, I will drive over there any day of the week just for some good ribs! They also have on the menu:chicken, tri-tip, pulled pork, ham and some very good side dishes,Baked Beans (hotter than Hell, has little green peppers in it) Red Beans & Rice (YUMMY), Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese, Greens and some other really good stuff. They even have Sweet Potato Pie & Peach Cobbler and the sauce for the meat comes in No kick, Lil Kick, Real Kick and then 52/50 Kick your Ass but that one is upon request.
    If you really love ribs, this is the place!!

n8trlovr
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 204
    • Total Posts - 210

I have been there before, but it has been a while. Maybe I will “convince” hubby that it is time for another visit.

Greens & Peach Cobbler. ‘Nuff said! I’m there!

Hubby is very picky about his greens. He says that no one makes them like his grandmother.

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Not a “greens” eater myself but I’ll eat anything else there, also like my sauce MILD, whimpy, whimpy, whimpy I am:biggrin:

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Ok, I’m changing my avatar to a birthday cake cuz I’m starting to celebrate early with the arrival of my birthday box today from my mom. She made me the cutest birdhouse with my name on it and it’s got gray kitties on it for my gray babies. It’s just so darn cute:bday:

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Those are the best pressies ! : ) Happy early Birthday!

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Thanks Miss R….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy