Traffic signal installation on Bond and Bader Roads, February 15

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bainc 2 years ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Starting on February 15, work will take place at the intersection of Bond and Bader Roads to install a traffic signal. Work will be done from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, with potential closures from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. The work will take approximately 45 days weather permitting. There will not be any left turn lanes installed at the intersection. I believe that means that with 3 directions of traffic that only one direction will be able to go at a time. You are advised to avoid the area as best you can do during the work hours. By starting work after 8 am they will allow most of the school and commute traffic to pass through. Traffic in the afternoons will be impacted as PG High School and Albiani Middle School get out at 3 pm and a lot of drivers use Bader.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Wow. It takes 45 days to put in a signal? I am glad I don’t have to go that direction. I hope things aren’t too bad for those who do…….

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

We are a mere two blocks from there.. that intersection in the mornings and after school sucks. Backed up to hell and gone.. I hope this signal fixes some of that.

I assume the 45 days has a lot to do with underground and the curing of the concrete. I believe it is 28 days for cure. Not sure they wait that long just for that but maybe. Grouse might know.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

I hope this helps but a three phase signal isn’t very efficient. At least S/B Bader should be able to make a right on red when E/B Bond has a green light. Better than a stop sign.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

I went thru there this morning a few minutes before 8am and they were already working on it.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@bainc 124263 wrote:

I hope this helps but a three phase signal isn’t very efficient. At least S/B Bader should be able to make a right on red when E/B Bond has a green light. Better than a stop sign.

It’s not optimal, but they couldn’t do a left turn lane. Also westbound Bond can maker a right onto Bader as well, but that could be tricky since people don’t use their turn signals. Should still be better than a stop sign. At least maybe 20 cars at a time can go with our stopping instead of one at a time and waiting for the other car to go.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.