Two more local businesses closing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bainc 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

One is closing and one is changing hands.

Sol Mexican Restaurant near Raley’s was sold according to various reports. Never had the chance to eat there. Reviews on Facebook were mixed, as one would expect from most any restaurant. No word on what the new business will be.

The Sloughhouse Inn is closing once again after 14 months under the new ownership. This is I believe the 3rd different ownership group in the last few years. It could be the final nail in the coffin this time. The current owners said they were not able to make a profit. We haven’t been back under the new ownership. We did go a couple of years ago and we were not impressed. One of the biggest issues to me is the interior. It hasn’t been remodeled in over 20 years. The new owners did do a nice outdoor deck and often had live music on the weekends. It seemed to be doing better from the reviews we had seen. It’s a difficult location and with so many places to eat in Elk Grove, there is not enough of a draw to get people out there, and not enough customers in the rural area to sustain it. Not sure anyone will want to sink more money into it. The front outside of the building needs some repairs and the inside needs to be completely remodeled.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Panda South in the Target Shopping Center closed also

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I’m not 100% sure by Sushi Wrap and Roll may have closed down as well after that incident with the car driving through the window. The window was finally fixed a couple of weeks ago, but I don’t think they’ve opened back up.

I only went to Sol for their Taco Tuesday, when the street tacos where $1- $1.50, I tried a burrito from there, and wasn’t impressed.

Panda South closed too, (the food was meh) but, that was my go to Chinese place, until I went to Happy Garden, then I became lazy and went to Peony, and since I’m still lazy, I just go to Tea Garden.

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

With Panda South closing over on that side of town try Rose Palace for Chinese at Franklin and Laguna near Lamppost pizza.

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

My daughter loved going to Panda South. I went to Sol a few times and it was good…sad to see that go (but then again, since I only went a “few” times, I didn’t help it survive).

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Aren’t Tea Garden and Panda South owned by the same family, or am I totally confused? I hope Tea Garden stays open. We maybe eat Chinese food once every few months but we like the food there.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Yes they are owned by the same family

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

I never knew that. Maybe next time I’m in there I’ll ask the guy that always helps me. If you wanted to stay in the vicinity and liked Panda South, you can go to Nathan’s or Bamboo Inn.

Bainc: That Rose Palace place is pretty good, and they also deliver, which is a plus if you don’t feel like driving over there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.