This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kindrlindr 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Gov Brown has signed the controversial vaccine bill requiring vaccines for school aged children. A doctor must sign off on a medical exemption to be excluded from the required vaccines.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

The apocalypse is near! 🙂

It’s too bad that it came to this. I suspect there will be court challenges on this, maybe all the way to the SCOTUS. That seems to be the American way now.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

I see a business opportunity for doctors much like the ones who sign off on a person’s ‘need’ for a medical marijuana card.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@adiffer 114790 wrote:

I see a business opportunity for doctors much like the ones who sign off on a person’s ‘need’ for a medical marijuana card.

You mean some quacks will sign off it? I am sure that will happen. The anti vaxxers will find a doctor that does and then all of them will go there to that person. They will find an end around for this. If they feel that strongly it’s wrong, they won’t do it regardless of the law.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

See how little you folks know. No flipping doctor will sign off marijuna. You have to go to a special doctor and go in there smelly waiting rooms and wait for hours for the special doctor to talk to you. some of those doctors are rude. 🙁

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

True. Most family doctors will not, but there are doctors who specialize in it and it’s not hard to get a pot card if you want it. A friend of ours got one in 45 minutes in Sacramento. The doctor didn’t even examine him.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

You never ask your family dr. The clubs where you buy the pot from need to have a doctor they call on the spot to see if you are actually certified. They talk to you, and they know they have you in a tough spot. so they can be cruel to you if they want. If have left crying before. ‘

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Wow-people I know that have the cards have been more like Doc mentioned-they went to a doc that advertised he prescribes, they had to bring some medical info with them-like orders for x-rays, MRIs, prescriptions for meds, etc, they paid a fee, and were given cards without any check up by the doc (they did talk, but no medical check up). The cards were good for one year. The clubs didn’t give them any problems at all getting anything.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

From what I read about the bill, it allows for a lot of leeway…….Tell me if I am wrong? I think it said that if your child is above 7th grade in 2016, they don’t have to have the vaccines because they require them in kinder and 7th entry. If they enter kinder prior to 2016, they don’t have to have them until 7th grade (8 years???) and I bet by then, they will find ways to get around this. What good was this bill if it allows for all the leeway?

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

That is my understanding as well Kinder. Those are the only years schools check for vaccines-which is crazy to me.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Thanks new mom~ so why the outrage with everyone? People need to read up on things before they explode. This is done to protect the majority, and there are FAR more people being allowed “outs” than one would think. Did they take the flu vaccines off the list too? I don’t feel those should be mandatory, but my kids and I get them annually.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@newmom 114816 wrote:

Wow-people I know that have the cards have been more like Doc mentioned-they went to a doc that advertised he prescribes, they had to bring some medical info with them-like orders for x-rays, MRIs, prescriptions for meds, etc, they paid a fee, and were given cards without any check up by the doc (they did talk, but no medical check up). The cards were good for one year. The clubs didn’t give them any problems at all getting anything.

In talking to different people it’s been my understanding that it’s not hard to get the ID card. I don’t think it means that no one has been turned down or something. I think there are doctors out there that will write you a prescription for it if you find the right one.

Back to the vaccine angle, there are doctors in So Cal that don’t believe in the vaccines and that’s where some of the parents go. People may have to look, but I am sure through the grapevine they will find out which doctors will do this and then that doctor will just write notes for these people.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Yes, but hopefully the medical boards will begin to look at doctors that give a massive amount of exemptions like they look at docs who write a lot of painkiller prescriptions.

adiffer
    Participant
    • Topics - 179
    • Replies - 9,504
    • Total Posts - 9,683

@violarose 114801 wrote:

See how little you folks know. No flipping doctor will sign off marijuna. You have to go to a special doctor and go in there smelly waiting rooms
    and wait for hours for the special doctor to talk to you. some of those doctors are rude. 🙁

Yah. I should have put ‘doctors’ in quotes. I was imagining their air quotes around that word when I wrote it. 8)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy