fbpx

Valentine’s Day Contest

This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ameerah08 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

It’s time for our annual Valentine’s Day Contest. We have some great prizes as usual!
    Actually 7 prizes in all.

• A $50 gift card to Boulevard Bistro
    • A $25 gift card to Corner Baker Cafe
    • A family 4 pack of heart shaped cinnamon rolls from Mrs. Kay’s Sweet Treats
    • One dozen of Anthony’s Cupcakes & 1 lb of Rescate House Blend from Rescate Coffee
    • One dozen chocolate dipped strawberries from Sinful Treats
    • from Jacquelyn’s Salon, For that special occasion or learning how to give your makeup that special Wow! Kat is donating I Makeup session at Jacquelyn’s. Value $75.00 Featuring Glo Minerals makeup. Offer good after 2/16/16. Call 916-267-1276 for appointment.
    • A $25 gift card from Skin Care By Carol

sinfulvalentine.jpeg

mrskaysvalentine.jpeg CadGHXeVIAArTM2.jpg

All you have to do to enter is tell us about your Valentine or someone you would like to win this. We will draw 7 winners at random from the people that post here. The contest will end Thursday morning.

plasmadrive
    Participant
    • Topics - 88
    • Replies - 885
    • Total Posts - 973

My Valentine just retired after working hard for over 30 yrs at that same place. Now we get to spend a lot of time together laughing, traveling and just hanging out.. It is a different life all together.. and wonderful!

joy
    Participant
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 3,934
    • Total Posts - 4,033

My Valentine would love for our Valentine’s dinner to be taken care of. 🙂

Bainc
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 892
    • Total Posts - 901

My Valentine has never been to Boulevard Bistro and deserves a nice dinner. She chases around our 5 little kids everyday. Do I really need to explain more?

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

Valentine’s Day is very special to me as it’s the day I married my sweetheart.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@bainc 123968 wrote:

My Valentine has never been to Boulevard Bistro and deserves a nice dinner. She chases around our 5 little kids everyday. Do I really need to explain more?

She would probably want to go by herself then. 🙂

EGrez
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 12
    • Total Posts - 15

I’ve been married to my Valentine for 11 years. We rarely have a date night but really need it.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

@bainc 123968 wrote:

She needs a spa day all to herself followed by a bed and breakfast treat 🙂

Birdofparadise
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 82
    • Total Posts - 83

My valentine is a self-less, generous, loving husband, father and friend. He is my rock and I’m forever grateful that he’s mine! ❤️

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

My valentine has been so busy working the last several months. He has made time to go to our son’so meets and try and teach me about gymnastics though.

shelley95758
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 11

@EGL Admin 123964 wrote:

It’s time for our annual Valentine’s Day Contest. We have some great prizes as usual!
    Actually 5 prizes in all.
    Would love to spoil my husband!

sinfulvalentine.jpeg

All you have to do to enter is tell us about your Valentine or someone you would like to win this. We will draw 5 winners at random from the people that post here. The contest will end Thursday morning.

Would love to treat my husband

Klwkatie
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 39
    • Total Posts - 43

My Valentine’s this year are my hubby and two girls! I set out a craft table a few days ago, with valentines supplies, and they have been crafting and making valentines nonstop! They live the idea of making someone a special note to tell them how much they love them!

auntiestace
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 44
    • Total Posts - 44

My Valentine would be happy with any of one of these great prizes as he is very deserving to win! He has been my rock through so very tough times and I appreciate everything he has done for me and our boys!!!❤️

Claudw2
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 8
    • Total Posts - 8

This would be a great way to celebrate our 25 years together! ❤️

kermit
    • Topics - 20
    • Replies - 62
    • Total Posts - 82

My Valentine has a birthday on the 15th so a special treat for Valentine’s day is always appreciated.

Jenny-Kins
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 15
    • Total Posts - 15

My Valentines are my adorable grandparents! At 81 and 79, they have been through so much in their 60 years of marriage. Grandma struggles with dementia, and grandpa is beginning to show signs as well… But despite difficulty with remembering day to day items, places, and functions, their love for each other has never wavered or been forgotten for a single second. To see such love every day warms my heart in more ways than I can express! I know they would love some sweet treats to share for Valentine’s Day 🙂

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

My husband’s birthday is Feb 13, and I always try to double up for him so he doesn’t feel ignored.

Those photos look amazing…..I don’t think its very nice to post them to tease us.

KayLynn
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 5
    • Total Posts - 5

Can’t wait to spend Valentine’s Day with the love of my life in Cabo!

Rdfruge
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

Roses are red violets are blue my sweetie and I would love dinner on you!:)

Rdfruge
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

Roses are red violets are blue my sweetie and I would love dinner on you.:)

zepp
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 20

Wow! I would be happy to win any of these prizes for my valentines! I have my hubby and kids- hubby works very hard with his job and around the house- not to mention with family. He’s awesome with the kids and pets as well. My kids would love a special treat too!

Wandering.angel22
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 9
    • Total Posts - 9

I always look forward to Valentine’s day whether we plan to go out or stay in…just another excuse to spend time together ❤.

PhysAl
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 18
    • Total Posts - 20

Our daughters’ birthday is the 13th, so Valentines sometimes gets a little looked over….maybe this would help.

meidson
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 3
    • Total Posts - 3

I would like to give this to my mom for always being there for me.

Jamielho
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 13
    • Total Posts - 13

My Valentine is my husband and best friend. we’re celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and 10 years together this year! We would love to win since it’s been awhile since we’ve gone on a date night sans kids. We love boulevard bistro and would love to go there again soon! ?

budda82
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My special Valentine is my wife. She is such a wonderful loving mother and wife. She volunteers so much of her time at our childrens’ school. She does such a great job taking care of the family. She deserves to be pampered and treated to some special surprises. Winning a contest would be so awesome! We would also be celebrating out 10 year anniversary this year. Thanks for the opportunity!

sarasc
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 5
    • Total Posts - 5

I would love to win this contest. It would be so fun to use for my husband and I. My husband is my Valentine, we have been married for almost 11 years, and have 4 beautiful children. 🙂

Michaele
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I hope everyone has a Happy Valentines Day! I used to be a florist, and I miss all the beautiful flowers, but I don’t miss working day and night right before the holidays. Support your local flower shops and get your orders in early!

Karaokeclark
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I would love to win this for my wonderful husband. He is retired but takes care of everything in the house while I still work, he deserves something special!

SoundinSpirit
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 3
    • Total Posts - 3

This will be my Wife’s last Valentines day with three boys! Due in May, now we are getting a girl!

Mitch
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 14
    • Total Posts - 14

Every day is Valentines Day with my Valentine…:)

specialkck
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

This will be my first Valentine with my Boyfriend James. He makes me Happy and I’m so lucky to have met him. I look forward to sharing anything I might win with him <3

enags
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 67
    • Total Posts - 73

my valentines day is every day with my valentine.

enags
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 67
    • Total Posts - 73

whoops….some already said that

shelley95758
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 11

@EGL Admin 123964 wrote:

Actually 5 prizes in all.

sinfulvalentine.jpeg

All you have to do to enter is tell us about your Valentine or someone you would like to win this. We will draw 5 winners at random from the people that post here. The contest will end Thursday morning.

I would love to surprise my husband with one of these wonderful prizes. He isn’t my children’s parent but he has stepped in and acted like one. He is so wonderful to them!

shelley95758
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 11

I would love to surprise my husband with one of these wonderful prizes. He isn’t my children’s parent but he has stepped in and acted like one. He is so wonderful to them!

MzJay12
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My son plays in challenge basketball through Special Olympics. they have tournament games on Valentines Day, so we will be celebrating as a family later that day. My son has had his own set of challenges, but he is a wonderful young man. He loves his basketball! So we would love to spend time as a family celebrating his accomplishments!

AnnieJ
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 12
    • Total Posts - 13

Valentine’s Day is special to my husband and me for many reasons. I would love to give one of these wonderful gifts as a surprise! Thank you for the contest.

LC
    Participant
    • Topics - 640
    • Replies - 7,150
    • Total Posts - 7,790

My Valentine officially announced her retirement Friday. She’s worked from her head and her heart during her entire career and has made a lot of differences in her students and teachers lives when she was on school sites, and now as the director for school improvement. I’ve never been more proud of her and her accomplishments, a pretty good use of taxpayer funds in my unbiased opinion :-).

Just Kathy
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My Valentine is a life-long buddy who I met in high school. We dated through our first year of college and then he joined the Marine Corps. We kept in touch through the years. At our 20th high school reunion we started talking but he was sent overseas. It is now our 29th year out of high school and here we are. I would love to share a special Valentines with him. Hope you can make it happen! Thank you for the opportunity.

coconutt1105
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

I hope this Valentine’s Day my husband and I can help teach our kids how to show love to others. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cmss2730
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 14
    • Total Posts - 14

I would like to win one of the prizes giving away for my special Valentines partner of 22 years…

Julia
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 61
    • Total Posts - 65

My Valentine is my husband of over 26 years. We just celebrated on Feb 5, 27 years since the day he asked me to marry him. He was going to wait until Valentine’s Day, but was so excited once he’d made that decision that he couldn’t wait. Thanks for your fun contests.

cruzn269
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

I’ve known my Valentine for 27 years, since college. But we were just friends then. We reconnected a couple of years ago, just as friends. He helped me through my relationship issues. Last year we decided to take a chance and move our relationship to the next level. I’m so glad we did. I’ve never been so happy 🙂 He and I have had a rough couple of months. His dad passed away last month and my mom is having health issues, although she is overseas. So a Valentine’s treat would be much appreciated right now. Happy Valentine’s Day!

AcnotliW
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 8

My Valentine and I are going to have a Valentine’s Day dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. There’s nothing like sharing the meat sweats with your Valentine.

SheldonVolunteer
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 12

I hope my Valentines win each of the prizes that seem to be meant just for them:

A $50 gift card to Boulevard Bistro – for my husband so we can enjoy that time together at a great place to eat!
    A $25 gift card to Corner Baker Cafe – for my youngest son Ian to enjoy a yummy breakfast with his brother from another mother 🙂
    A family 4 pack of heart shaped cinnamon rolls from Mrs. Kay’s Sweet Treats – for my oldest son, Josh who introduced us to Mrs Kay’s – and where we were able to pick up some unique and delicious stocking stuffers for Christmas
    One dozen of Anthony’s Cupcakes & 1 lb of Rescate House Blend from Rescate Coffee – for the hardworking office staff at Sheldon High School, for all the hours they spend assisting families and extended families while watching over our students!
    One dozen chocolate dipped strawberries from Sinful Treats – for Sheldon’s Counseling/Career staff folks, for their tireless work and efforts with guiding the parents/guardians and students towards a more hopeful future
    from Jacquelyn’s Salon, For that special occasion or learning how to give your makeup that special Wow! Kat is donating I Makeup session at Jacquelyn’s. Value $75.00 Featuring Glo Minerals makeup – for my lovely daughter, as a treat for her and a friend so that she can just have fun with being in a nice place like Jacquelyn’s salon and enjoy some special time

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

My Valentine is a very sweet loving woman that definitely deserves to be treated well at all times, especially on Valentine’s Day.

clang
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

Since being forced to “retire” due to disability, our roles have been reversed and my hubby now takes care of me (I’m still working). He does all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and whatever else pops up on his “honey do” list. He does a fabulous job and I’m so grateful and appreciative of all that he does for me. He’s my best friend and I can’t imagine my life without him in it!

govwatcher
    Participant
    • Topics - 12
    • Replies - 238
    • Total Posts - 250

My valentine and I are celebrating over 30 years of marriage – through good and bad, flush and broke, healthy and health challenged – and we’d marry each other again (in a heartbeat)!

aneves1
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

My Valentine will be my doggie Diesel who passed away this past Friday. I miss him dearly. He is forever in my heart <3

Cad1122
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 6
    • Total Posts - 6

This will be my bf and mine second valentine’s day together. It would be great to win since we won’t be able to afford it this year. We are facing eviction because he lost his job after getting injured on the job

egmom3
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

This is me and my valentines 30th! We’d love to treat ourselves with a fun prize 🙂

SkinCareByCarol
    Participant
    • Topics - 19
    • Replies - 51
    • Total Posts - 70

This would be sweet to share with my pregnant daughter in law!!!! 🙂

dc327
    Participant
    • Topics - 6
    • Replies - 121
    • Total Posts - 127

My valentine and I met ten years ago on Valentine’s Day. Best ten years of my life! &#55357;&#56472;

irishdame
    Participant
    • Topics - 22
    • Replies - 10
    • Total Posts - 32

Always easy to find a place to eat, even on busy nights like Valentine’s Day at http://www.opentable.com
    You see all that is available on one screen.

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

My Valentine never complains about working 3rd shift since they are punishing him for taking care of my dying moma over the summer. He is so wonderful to our kids. He devotes time now trying to find the perfect fit for college for his beloved children, whom he rather wish they were babies all over again. He now has a son whom he takes time to teach him to be a gentleman and taught him how to shave, and it was so adorable.

amiahjordan
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My Valentine’s Day will begin with driving kids to school and cleaning house lol! Just another day in the life of a full time stay at home mom! Would love to explore new adventures with my hubby and kids in toe. Thanks for having this contest so I can dream a little.

Towlz
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 4
    • Total Posts - 4

What I love about Valentine’s Day, is just the overall vibe in the air. It’s the day of love & just caring for the people that mean most to you.

Ashleydavis
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 3
    • Total Posts - 3

It is my first valentine’s day married! We aee so excited to be spending it with our forever valentine 🙂 it such an amazing feeling being married! I don’t want our honeymoon stage to end anytime soon, we could definitely keep it going with the awesome prizes in this contest! Question to all the married couples…how long have you been married and do you still go all out for your spouse on valentine’s day?

Deserei
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

My Valentine would be my husband of 3 years, and of course our daughter who is 1 year old. We are new to the area and would love to see what is around.

geneva
    Participant
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

My love is my Valentine every day.

Llmangum
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

Married to my Valentine for 15 wonderful years. Raising 4 beautiful kids and caretaking for my infirm father. ANY fun times or treats would be a welcome relief from our work, parenting, and caretakinging responsibilities. My guy deserves a special Valentine’s Day for all his hard work!

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@ashleydavis 124052 wrote:

It is my first valentine’s day married! We aee so excited to be spending it with our forever valentine 🙂 it such an amazing feeling being married! I don’t want our honeymoon stage to end anytime soon, we could definitely keep it going with the awesome prizes in this contest! Question to all the married couples…how long have you been married and do you still go all out for your spouse on valentine’s day?

Married for 22 and been together for 27. We always do something for Valentine’s Day

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We have added a couple more prizes to our list so now we will have 7 winners!

Simple Loaf Of Bread
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 2

I know a dear, sweet lady that is having a very tough time right now while taking care of her ailing mother. This would be an amazing surprise for her!

Towlz
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 4
    • Total Posts - 4

My Valentine is a selfless man who I’ve grown so much with. He supports me in what I want to achieve, he sets me a bath when I had a stressful day, he appreciates all the small things I do for him, but most of all loves to be around someone as crazy as me!!! He comes from a very well-mannered family & ive been blessed with a man who lives to please. ???

Kiwikaboom
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 3
    • Total Posts - 3

My Valentine works very hard to help support our family. I would love to be able to treat him to something sweet this year.

misskate1999
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 22
    • Total Posts - 23

I am my own Valentine! If I don’t spoil myself… who will! 🙂

JessicaLozada
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 21

I would love it if I could win any of these for my husband. Hes such a hard working man. Recently he changed jobs to a whole new field of work because of the pay increase and medical benefits. He has always given us everything we need and I am so grateful for that! Besides that winning this would be icing on the cake from this last weekend where he took first in his race! First win ever!!! 🙂 [ATTACH=CONFIG]2218[/ATTACH] SO proud of this man!! <3

Ahooper
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

Ah – so sweet!

Ahooper
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

I am sure I would put my prize to good use!

Ameerah08
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 1
    • Total Posts - 1

My Valentine is my Amazing Husband! He has been working so hard so that I can be at home with our 2 year old daughter. This past year has been a struggle financially but with our Faith we have made it through! With a lot of restrictions But we were able and blessed to have been able to provide for our lil family. We Have been together since 2007 and we are in our late 20’s with 3 beautiful children, & with one income money is tight! We married Valentines 2-14-14 and I couldn’t have chosen a better half! He completes me..I’d love to make our Valentines even more special and try to help him out by winning any gift for us to share ❤️ on our special Day! P.S we have not been to any of these prize locations ! Thank You for your time!

SecretGarden916
    • Topics - 7
    • Replies - 20
    • Total Posts - 27

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    My special Valentine
    Is old “you know who”!

That guy at the shop
    The one out in the yard
    That guy lifting and building
    And always working so hard

Every year just gets better
    We’ve been married FOREVER!
    I’m looking forward to some alone time
    After raising four kids together

A quiet dinner out
    Dining in a nice fancy place
    HA! We’d probably just talk about work!
    Good thing I still adore his face!!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

ScottTheInsurancePro
    Participant
    • Topics - 11
    • Replies - 11
    • Total Posts - 22

Valentines Day is a way to show those you care about how much you mean to them….I like to do that with Laughter! Ha!
    My Bride always gets two cards, one mushy/one funny…sometimes a little dirty, Ha! “Have Fun! It makes Life better”

coffeebreak
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 28
    • Total Posts - 30

28 years of marriage, and not once has my husband ever raised his voice to me. Not once. Politics and footballs games can definitely get the voices raised 🙂 , and sure we’ve had our share of disagreements, but he has always treated me as he would want to be treated – and has remained the love of my life. Despite working his fingers to the bone, he tried not to miss even a doctor’s appointment with our kids, and is their biggest cheerleader. Could not be more proud of him.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

Single, no kids, just another day, but I will be with family celebrating my dads 70th birthday, which is 2/14.

gianoshoes
    Participant
    • Topics - 1
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 3

My brother-in law did the sweetest thing last Valentines. He gave my sister a bouquet of flowers and her young daughter a smaller bouquet and a bag of Doritos (her favorite snack, she’s 13).

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

we have our winners!

A $50 gift card to Boulevard Bistro Ahooper

A $25 gift card to Corner Baker Cafe Julia

A family 4 pack of heart shaped cinnamon rolls from Mrs. Kay’s Sweet Treats RDfruge

One dozen of Anthony’s Cupcakes & 1 lb of Rescate House Blend from Rescate Coffee Deserei

One dozen chocolate dipped strawberries from Sinful Treats Cruzn269

from Jacquelyn’s Salon, For that special occasion or learning how to give your makeup that special Wow! Kat is donating I Makeup session at Jacquelyn’s.
    Value $75.00 Featuring Glo Minerals makeup. Offer good after 2/16/16. Call 916-267-1276 for appointment. Violarose

A $25 gift card from Skin Care By Carol Newmom

[video=youtube_share;N-5aAgOqjBs]http://youtu.be/N-5aAgOqjBs[/video]

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Thanks so much! That’s very exciting.

Julia
    • Topics - 4
    • Replies - 61
    • Total Posts - 65

Woo Hoo! Yay and thanks! Should I come pick it up or do you want to plop it in the mail for me?

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

@julia 124149 wrote:

Woo Hoo! Yay and thanks! Should I come pick it up or do you want to plop it in the mail for me?

I will let you know. I can maybe drop it off tomorrow. I’ll text you about that. 🙂

violarose
    • Topics - 106
    • Replies - 2,959
    • Total Posts - 3,065

Im going to look beautiful !!!;) I had to have my daughter learn to put on make up with U-tube. I don’t know. Im backwards with makeup. When I moved to e.g. I shaved off all my eyebrows to see who would be my real friends. I drew in silly ones. I moved into StoneLake. I wanted to keep the laughing ones!

egdad
    Participant
    • Topics - 3
    • Replies - 384
    • Total Posts - 387

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Doc for some great prizes.

wildoates
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 620
    • Total Posts - 629

I’ve no valentine, but am smiling reading about everyone else’s!

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Congratulations to all! Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 0
    • Total Posts - 0

That’s really useful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy