fbpx

Very sad news

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ila 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I didn’t know what to put in the title. A boy who was a student at Smedberg middle school committed suicide earlier this week. I had seen something on nextdoor about it. Someone mentioned maybe there was bullying involved. I don’t know.
    Then someone shares a go fund me link on our FB page. I followed the link to the father’s page. Absolutely heart breaking. I can’t even imagine dealing with anything like this. I saw this post on the father’s page.

My beautiful baby boy. How do I possibly continue on knowing a huge piece of my heart and soul are gone forever from this earth. My Jr. How did you not possibly know how much we all love and would miss you how did you not know how many lives you touched in such a short period of time. Knowing I will never get the chance to teach you how to shave, pay for your tux for prom or hold you children let alone hold your hand one more time is killing me inside. You were my heart and soul son and I feel like I failed you because you did not know. You can never be replaced you could never ever let me down but I let you down. I am sorry son I am sorry I was not the father or friend I should have been. I love you JJ I love you so much I would gladly give everything I have to kiss you one more time.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

Wow-just heartbreaking. How terrible.

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I can’t even begin to imagine the pain the family is going thru – it’s just heart wrenching.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

We were discussing it last night with our kids. What has to be going through a child’s mind that they feel ending their life is the answer. Obviously it happens often enough that it is a concern. Is it a precursor to some type of mental illness that is undiagnosed?

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

Doc, There is so much that goes into teen suicide – yes it can be because of issues such as bipolar, depression, really early stages of schizophrenia. Some are emotional, physical, and sexual abuse and not getting the proper help or even voicing it has happened. Others tend to be because of social issues and not fitting in. Usually there are warning signs, but they can be very small.

Here is a site that might help with warning signs and answer questions
    About Teen Suicide

I’m not sure if you have heard of Project Semicolon – If you see someone wearing a piece of jewelry with a semicolon or has a tattoo of a semicolon – it’s there way of letting you know that they are struggling with some kind of mental issue – usually depression, suicide, self injury or others. They choose not to end, but to take a pause

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

This is just so sad 🙁

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Privacy Policy