fbpx
Advertisements

Vet recommendations.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BradM 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

doclaguna
    • Topics - 216
    • Replies - 5,943
    • Total Posts - 6,159

OK peeps. Need a recommendation for a good vet in town. Getting a puppy, pretty much clueless on the medical care aspect of it. Need someone intelligent and honest to deal with.

kindrlindr
    Participant
    • Topics - 34
    • Replies - 2,374
    • Total Posts - 2,408

Bradshaw Vet…….hands down. But it’s kind of far from you guys.

newmom
    Participant
    • Topics - 206
    • Replies - 6,205
    • Total Posts - 6,411

We’ve used both Laguna creek vet and Franklin ranch. Both are great. We switched to Franklin because they are open Saturday and Sunday, making it easier to get in for appointments, and because they can put records and things on DVDs rather than hauling around actual x rays. This was an issue when an old dog needed a consult at UCD and our lab puppy tore his ACL and needed surgery elsewhere. The staff at Laguna Creek is very warm and friendly though. Well at least they were 4 years ago but I can’t see thst changing. And they treated us and our dogs wonderfully when they were put down.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

Closer to you is Franklin Ranch on Franklin Blvd. I’ve known Dr. Zehnder for 30 years. Great guy

Scarlet
    Participant
    • Topics - 268
    • Replies - 1,786
    • Total Posts - 2,054

I would say Bradshaw or Franklin – We are still at Bradshaw – they took really good care of us with Max and Mandy, but I’ve heard wonderful things about Franklin.

How is the puppy life going? any stories or pictures to share?

SteveB6509
    Participant
    • Topics - 36
    • Replies - 1,460
    • Total Posts - 1,496

I’ll vote for Laguna Creek – we’ve been there 15 years and they are very friendly. I can’t imagine going wrong with Franklin as well – we board our dogs there sometimes.

Curlzz01
    • Topics - 27
    • Replies - 415
    • Total Posts - 442

Franklin ranch..dr strausser..best vet I’ve ever had for my dogs. .

MooseMom
    • Topics - 99
    • Replies - 254
    • Total Posts - 353

We have used Hatton Vet on Sheldon Road for 16 years now. VERY kind and gentle vets, techs, and folks who work there. They are really good about telling me what’s going on, what can be done or must be done, and the relative costs. They are open on Saturdays also.

EGL Admin
    • Topics - 3,082
    • Replies - 21,888
    • Total Posts - 24,970

I should add that we use Bradshaw, but that’s because they are 2 miles from us.

BradM
    • Topics - 0
    • Replies - 2
    • Total Posts - 2

We’ve been very pleased with Bradshaw. Used them for over 15 years and always found their staff very professional. Prices are reasonable as well.

gearshark23
    • Topics - 23
    • Replies - 1,226
    • Total Posts - 1,249

Franklin Ranch because we’ve always been going there for years and open 7 days a week. I have heard Bradshaw is good as well but heard the waiting room is small. *knock on wood* never had to go to ER for our animals.

tomwaltman
    • Topics - 96
    • Replies - 6,770
    • Total Posts - 6,866

I don’t have any animals, but I know Dr. Zehnder, and trust him.

Anonymous
    • Topics - 18
    • Replies - 1,250
    • Total Posts - 1,268

I’ve always gone to Bradshaw vet. I don’t have any bad experiences. Heard good things about Franklin Ranch.

madforplaid
    Participant
    • Topics - 9
    • Replies - 145
    • Total Posts - 154

We went to Bradshaw Vet for about 20 years, but things really changed when they went corporate VCA. They are always trying to sell packages of services, and the price varies depending on which vet you see. Another problem is that they are so busy, appointments often run late. We switched to Kittel Family Vet, and have really preferred going to a smaller, locally owned business. They are in the shopping center located at Elk Grove Blvd. & Big Horn Blvd. behind the gas station. kittelfamilyvet.com

Aggies49
    • Topics - 5
    • Replies - 119
    • Total Posts - 124

Bradshaw Vet. Dr. Daly and Dr. Paech are wonderful

Ila
    Participant
    • Topics - 87
    • Replies - 1,458
    • Total Posts - 1,545

We take our cats to Franklin and have seen both Dr. Zendher and Dr. Strausser. We are pleased with both.

loonyman
    Participant
    • Topics - 2
    • Replies - 160
    • Total Posts - 162

@madforplaid 106332 wrote:

We went to Bradshaw Vet for about 20 years, but things really changed when they went corporate VCA. They are always trying to sell packages of services, and the price varies depending on which vet you see. Another problem is that they are so busy, appointments often run late. We switched to Kittel Family Vet, and have really preferred going to a smaller, locally owned business. They are in the shopping center located at Elk Grove Blvd. & Big Horn Blvd. behind the gas station. kittelfamilyvet.com

We have been going to Bradshaw Vet for about 10 years and have not experienced this. We usually prefer Dr. Petrunic but have used others when he is not available. Never had a problem getting in to see a vet and usually get called in right on time. Have not had anyone try to sell me any package of services. Out on time also.

We had a 2 year old dog contract kidney disease. Dr Petrunic advised he had about 4 months, and offered us some advice on how to make his last 4 months better, which we followed. When he passed, the whole office sent us a condolence card. Made a tough situation a lot more bearable.

lizzie
    • Topics - 17
    • Replies - 650
    • Total Posts - 667

We generally use Laguna Creek, they are the closest to my house. I have also used Bradshaw because it is 24/7. I have used VCA on EG blvd too. Dr. Purewal at Laguna Creek actually saved my now deceased Rusty’s life when his spleen ruptured. The staff was very caring and sensitive when I picked up Rusty’s ashes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.